Next Thread
Print Thread
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Hello, fellow players. :welcome:

I just got this game as a gift and played it a bit.

I loved the combat and i am okay with the depth of the stats system. Really enjoying that aspect of the game.

However, i think the game has very bad progression. It dumped me in a big city early on, right by the time tutorial ends.

There is just so much going on and walls of texts everywhere. People that you've just meet want to tell you their biographies... too much stories to handle.

Then i ended at this observatory, oh my god, so much text/exposition... i love reading a good story, but the speed they are dumped at you is overwhelming. :(

I like that they are making npcs who are more lively, but maybe a lil' bit of progression would be good?

Anyway, does it get less text heavy from now? I would like an honest opinion to see if i should bear it and continue the game.

Last edited by meiamans; 16/12/16 08:43 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
The text dumps slow down after the point you're now at.

Also, you don't have to read the dialog super closely if you're more interested in the combat, the journal does a good job of summarizing your current objectives and pointing you where you need to go.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Yes.

M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Thanks for the input, error3. I like the story and find it intriguing. The murder case is a pretty nice refreshment for a rpg.

My only issue with it is that the game doesn't let you catch a breath and absorb all that information, it overwhelms you when you reach Cyseal, y'know, too much at once to handle.

I will follow your advice and continue on the game. I hope i can figure out what is going on around.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by error3
The text dumps slow down after the point you're now at.

Also, you don't have to read the dialog super closely if you're more interested in the combat, the journal does a good job of summarizing your current objectives and pointing you where you need to go.

i don't agree about the journal
I remember that the quest in the mines,after you discover tha "password",the journal doesn't keep it stoed. It just says "now that you know the password you can open.."
But if stopped playing for 1 week? i can't even remember what i did yesterday imagine if i can remember a word in a game that i played 1 week ago.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard