Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I finished the mission "The Collar" I took off the collar, and I escaped from the prison, but it is normal that now every guards attack me on sight? I can only choose whether to return to prison or attack them ...

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by TedMosly123
I finished the mission "The Collar" I took off the collar, and I escaped from the prison, but it is normal that now every guards attack me on sight? I can only choose whether to return to prison or attack them ...

Well you ARE an escaped prisoner on what is extensively a order run by a militaristic religious order that is pledged to either cure you or exterminate you.

Assuming the game didn't just default to them killing you... Your options are fairly limited to cowing them or donning some sort of disguise.

veteran
veteran
All prisoners are supposed to have the collar on. That's the point. So yes, if the guards see you, your only choices are to go to prison or to fight them. That's normal.

All inmates who leaving the prison, on the other hand, are flagged as kill-on-sight even if you used the teleport statues to literally only leave the prison for 3 seconds and came back in. That's intentional, but a pretty stupid design decision and should be changed.

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Stabbey
All prisoners are supposed to have the collar on. That's the point. So yes, if the guards see you, your only choices are to go to prison or to fight them. That's normal.

All inmates who leaving the prison, on the other hand, are flagged as kill-on-sight even if you used the teleport statues to literally only leave the prison for 3 seconds and came back in. That's intentional, but a pretty stupid design decision and should be changed.

Also because the guards are really REALLY hard to kill! I tried to defeat them with cheats (only offline don't worry) for this reason i doubt whether it is a normal thing ...

Last edited by vometia; 18/12/16 07:28 PM. Reason: formatting
If you leave the prison or the collar comes off they will attack you on sight..It is normal, it is part of the game.

You are probably leaving the prison or finishing the collar quest too soon and are underleveled and undergeared.

M
stranger
stranger
M
So am I understanding this correctly, you can't really escape because that would be another game level that's still being developed ? Also, I have progressed far enough to have the collar removed from my character, but I'm still only 3rd level and can't find anything else to do to level up more. All of the guard fights are extremely difficult because they are so much more powerful than my party. I loved Original Sin, and I'm sure this one is going to be a great game, but I'm sad to think that I've played all that I can at this time.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by mikmil43
So am I understanding this correctly, you can't really escape because that would be another game level that's still being developed ? Also, I have progressed far enough to have the collar removed from my character, but I'm still only 3rd level and can't find anything else to do to level up more. All of the guard fights are extremely difficult because they are so much more powerful than my party. I loved Original Sin, and I'm sure this one is going to be a great game, but I'm sad to think that I've played all that I can at this time.

Odd given level 3 is a good level to start defeating guards.

Heck that was the level I was at when I fought a guard boss.

and thus we get another conversation of "The game is too hard!" where I have no idea what someone is doing wrong. This isn't like the time someone said their armor ratings got to 400 naturally (which I still doubt)...

Last edited by Neonivek; 01/01/17 08:07 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
It's not that the game is too hard, in fact I think it's just right and challenging, I'm just having a hard time when there's 4 or 5 of them coming at me at one time. I have already killed a few of the guards and mages, but only when I get them in pairs and spaced out.I haven't been able to defeat the HoundMaster and guards in the dungeon, or the mages and guards on the top floor of the
fort. I was just hoping I'm missing some quests that will help me level up a bit more.

N
old hand
old hand
N
For the hound master you HAVE to take away his advantages...

A lot of the enemies ambush you and if you fight them on their terms you will lose outright (and sometimes this is annoyingly unfair... It isn't so bad later when you can teleport everyone, but until then... it is basically an instant lose condition)...

For the Hound Master you want to remove his archer support and lock down as many as you can.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I'll try it thanks. From reading thru all of the forums, it appears that I've missed a lot of things and quests. I talk to every NPC, maybe I need to give them different responses to get quests.

veteran
veteran

You can escape the prison, but not the island. You will be about Level 7 or 8 if everything is finished.

Also there are ways to escape the prison without any fighting and some with less difficult fights, you just need to sneak in or take the way through the caves.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I've got it figured out, thanks. I managed to beat everything in the prison, just had to change my tactics, and escaped thru the pipe into the swamp. I hit 4th lvl just before getting out.
Now is there someone I can see who will take the collars off of the rest of my party ?

Last edited by mikmil43; 03/01/17 12:54 AM.
N
old hand
old hand
N
I've got it figured out, thanks. I managed to beat everything in the prison, just had to change my tactics, and escaped thru the pipe into the swamp. I hit 4th lvl just before getting out.
Now is there someone I can see who will take the collars off of the rest of my party ?

Yeah there is.

As well, though we don't get there, there are people in the next act who can take them off as well...

I honestly wonder how the next act will work due to how early you can actually escape the island.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Neonivek
I honestly wonder how the next act will work due to how early you can actually escape the island.

Probably the same as D:OS, where it was certainly possible to get to Luculla at a low level (and likewise from there to the Dark Forest with a bit of creativity), just not very advisable.

J'aime le fromage.
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by vometia

Probably the same as D:OS, where it was certainly possible to get to Luculla at a low level (and likewise from there to the Dark Forest with a bit of creativity), just not very advisable.

Yes but there is a difference.

Sneaking to Luculla early is an exploit.

Leaving the Island early is intended gameplay.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I didn't really see it as an exploit: using stealth to get there felt like a legit expression of Larian's "several ways of doing the same thing" philosophy, even if I did later feel a bit off using the pyramids to cross an inconvenient river in Luculla a bit later.

J'aime le fromage.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Yeah there is.

As well, though we don't get there, there are people in the next act who can take them off as well...

Are there? In this bit you can fight the guys in the cellar and the woman will take ONE of your players collars off, you can be human and persuade Leya to take all your collars off or you can help Gareth and then she will take all your collars off even if you are a foreigner.

What makes you think there is another way later? Perhaps there is but I don't have any inside information.

And how is it easy to leave the island early? If you leave the prison immediately (at level 1) you get enough experience from hitting the swaps to go to level 2. That is unavoidable.

You can steal the purging wand to free Slane and start the final fight at level 2 with 4000XP but there is no way on earth you'll beat them. Or to be more exact there is no way I can and I've tried.

Mind you I just watched a YT video made by @FireCake who is a member of these forums and he completed the original DOS in 20 minutes. See here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_MHYe0hMsM

It is really quite fascinating what some people can do.

If you know a way of beating the guys at the end I'd love to hear about it as at level 2 even hiding and sniping (which normally works) I just can't do it. I've tried making invisibility potions and dragging barrels up but one hit and I'm dead. I'm certain there is a way though so thanks for giving me a new goal but I don't think it is easy wink

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
I didn't really see it as an exploit: using stealth to get there felt like a legit expression of Larian's "several ways of doing the same thing" philosophy, even if I did later feel a bit off using the pyramids to cross an inconvenient river in Luculla a bit later.
I agree - it isn't an exploit. If you spend hundreds of hours you find different ways of doing things. I would always sneak over to pick up the Trenebrium book from that weird village and then spend hours save scumming whichcraft to get unlock scrolls for the armoury chests until I realized it was pointless. That *is* an exploit but if I want to rearrange my inventory so I can spend 2 hours mixing pixie dust with a bit of paper more efficiently I'm not hurting anyone else.

I miss crafting and hope it makes an appearance soon.

In this game though I'm stuck on 2 blocking areas at the moment - you can't really move until you get to level 4 and the purging wand doesn't work unless you've removed your collar. Both force you into doing tasks you'd rather skip or playing an origin you'd rather not just for the dialogue options.

veteran
veteran

The key difference is that if you go to Luculla too early, you could go back to Cyseal and scoop up the XP you missed. You can't go back to the Island of Appropriately-Levelled-Enemies in this game.

veteran
veteran
To get rid of the collars you need to save Gareth and bring him back to the Seekers.

No idea, why anyone should want to leave the island before that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard