Print Thread
#597256 21/12/16 07:14 PM
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Hello guys smile

4 months ago my brother and I decided to do a speedrun of the game (to finish the game as soon as possible).
It took us 21 min and 36 seconds to complete the game from the beginning to the end.

Here is the link to the video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_MHYe0hMsM

I hope you enjoy the video smile

Please if you have any comments about the video (how to improve the speedrun or if you want us to explain a certain technique for example...) please feel free to put a comment here or in the video smile

FireCake #597266 22/12/16 02:02 AM
C
C
Excellent video. Awesome tricks.

You can use telekinesis just to throw the pyramid across the Source Temple Door, you don't have to lay out crates (you said you lost 15 seconds there).

If you took dualwand starter instead of the grenade one, you'd be able to destroy the orb faster perhaps (the fire wand can also be used to autoattack astarte). I forgot why you took the grenade starter, but perhaps it isn't that important.

As far as the Barrel thing goes, you need 61 barrels to reliably kill Leandra in Tactician (although if you can stun her before she summons her minions, it's less of a concern). I don't know in what difficulty you made your speedrun, I wonder if you'd need more parchments then (and if being unlucky could kill a run: if you don't find the parchment you need).

I like very much the stealing + pyramid combo to teleport accross zone ^^

Chrest #597278 22/12/16 07:42 AM
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Thank you smile

We need at least 3 greanades for the run. One to pull Arrhu, one to kill the fake Astarté, one to trigger the magma chest against the void dragon.
So we both took a class that starts with a grenade so we have 2 grenades. For the third grenade we took the one on the beach at the very beginning of the game.

I didn't know we can use telekinesis to throw the pyramid accross the source temple door. It might be useful but we have to take telekinesis and at this point we are level 2 which might be tricky. We will try laugh

For the orb (right after Ornix), I think the best way might be to create another spell and use it to destroy the orb.

The huge problem of using spells to kill the bosses is that you need to be quite lucky to get the scrolls... The RNG is really weird in this game so it is difficult to manipulate it.
I think the barrel thing could be slightly faster but we didn't find a way to fill the barrel fast enought yet.
I like the barrel thing because it is probably not RNG-dependant.

The combo stealing+pyramid allows us to go pretty much everywhere (Not directly at the void dragon sadly) but we didn't find an area that have many items to fill the barrel quickly ^^

It is not really a trick but one thing I really love in this speedrun is the use of Jahan :
We hire Jahan only to deliver him 2 min later to Balberith laugh

FireCake #597286 22/12/16 02:11 PM
C
C
You could use the Fireball spell from the fire wand from the dualwand starter items (can't remember the name of the preset) to trigger the magma chest and to kill astarte. Wouldn't work for your Arhu trick, but you used the beach grenade for him.

Does speed really make you go faster outside of combat? I never realized that, but I'm not sure it's true. I know that if you go down to 0 in movespeed, you can't move anymore. But I tested with someone at 0.6 movespeed and another at 2.5, they both move at the same speed. Only if you use a haste spell will you move faster.

Also, since you are moving here and there in Cyseal, you can just grab Bairdotr's bow which is lying next to her cage. It requires 5 dexterity, and it's better than your starter weapons. To destroy the orb.

Cyseal is the area with a lot of barrels everywhere.

Yeah Jahan use is cool ^^
And having a companion to control the Leandra fight more conveniently is great too.

Last edited by Chrest; 22/12/16 02:12 PM.
Chrest #597296 22/12/16 06:45 PM
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
In the next try we are probably going to rework the part about arrhu because we want to try a speedrun with the barrel technique.

I don't think we are going to need grenades again.

About speed I am not sure, I trusted the game. The characters seemed faster without armor but thats all.
I am going to try this a little more.

FireCake #597314 23/12/16 03:15 AM
C
C
OK.

I suppose you are trying the barrel technique because your current run is multi-segment? I have the impression you didn't count the time playing (I know you discounted the time loading, which is fair) having wrong scroll, as you start making scrolls at 12:34 and got them all at 13:16 which is probably not counting the 40 reloads you talked about.

I do not know how much barrels you'd need in explorer mode (if that's the mode you're speedrunning), my guess is not much. Your stealing+pyramid is golden but I do not know if you really need Wolgraff. But since you speedrun in coop, obviously a third character at least is useful to be used as mule, while both of you explore. A third character (or fourth if you decide to sacrifice Jahan) can be handy on Leandra depending on your strat.

I'm also really impressed at the lava chest trick. Do you have to destroy it at the last second? What is the leeway there?

edit:
you took the talent swift footer ("leste" in french), does it change out of combat running speed?

edit2: Wolgraff is handy to steal the lvl 4 guard early. Otherwise need lvl 2 and 2 in stealing, or maybe lvl 3 and 1 in stealing.

edit3: Wolgraff is also really handy to have a free smokescreen (he has the innate ability).

Leandra has 1689 HP so you need 28 or 29 barrels to oneshot her (unless you prefer stunning her with earthquake). The Void Dragon (if you don't want to lava kill it) has 7911 HP, so it's 44 to trishot, 33 to 4shot.

You have 7 barrels along the way in the Onyx Inn (endgame). And 4 in front of the Source Temple. So that's 11 less.

You have 2 right on the way to Cyseal, 4 near the Dock portal (and 3 inside the building, optional), 2 going to Wolgraff (and 7 in the house nearby, one far from the others), 9 around the market and Thelyron, 2 towards Cyseal exit door starting North portal and 3 towards Luculla Portal (plus 1 optional).

That's 33 barrels along the way, and you can get the 11 optionals (parenthesis) with minimal time. There's 4 more in the tutorial dungeon if you go there get the lockpick. Also 3 more near the mortician house and 4 more in the Inn.

Since you'd not need it outside of the Eden, you could just leave it in Cyseal (if it gives you troubles moving).

Last edited by Chrest; 23/12/16 06:16 AM.
FireCake #597324 23/12/16 09:37 AM
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
-The 40 reloads were during the creation of spells. You don't always get the same spell frown

-For the lava chest since you don't see the lava (which is pretty weird), you have to place the chest really close and you have to destroy it at the right moment. If you do it to early, even if you see the dragon, the dragon is not "physically" here yet. So the chest has to explode when the dragon hitbox is here but before the combat.

-We took the talent swift footer because we thought it increases the speed out of combat laugh
Same thing, I am going to test.

-We use Wolgraff to put the pyramid in the guard because our main characters are too low level to put the pyramid at this state of the game.

-Thanks a lot for all the information for the barrels.

-We are going to try mostly the same run except that instead of using scrolls we are going to use the barrel chest.

We will see how it works. We will take the lock pick to Open arhu door for sure.
And after that we will probably have to optimize a lot to know who takes which chests.

FireCake #597335 23/12/16 03:55 PM
C
C
How much time does the invisible lava stay? In other words, how much leeway do you have triggering the chest?
Ground effects generally have a duration, but perhaps invisible lava disappear quickly, I don't know.

With the barrelmancer thing, the Onyx and Leandra are both reliably killable (use a smokescreen on Leandra, a companion makes it easier but not necessary), but the Void Dragon can give surprises (I guess in explorer you don't care that much though) because it has the initiative. Plus, the lava trick is just elegant ^^

FireCake #597508 27/12/16 04:00 PM
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
I don't know how much time the lava stay, but not very long. Also it seems it doesn't spread always the same way. But it is very hard to tell since you don't see the lava....

FireCake #597509 27/12/16 04:44 PM
C
C
OK

Can't wait to see your next speedrun smile

Link Copied to Clipboard