Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#170163 09/03/04 02:35 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Now for the third Goddamn tech problem with this bloody game. While clearing up my inventory to prepare for trading, when I clicked on my weapon to move it to inventory (so I could drop it), the damn thing disappeared! No wonder I gave up on this very problematic game. Grrr!

The more I play this damn game, the more I dislike it (not because of gameplay, but for its tech issues-- the very same reason I quit playing it over a year before). And I am about ready to call it bloody quits again. The only other game to "win" my animosity for tech issues is ToEE (Temple of Elemental Evil).

This is why I shall never purchase BD or DD II.

Elf
#170164 09/03/04 05:26 PM
Support
Support
Were you placing items in a container in your inventory? There is a bug with becoming over-encumbered that can do this;
weight bug and disappearing chests

FWIW, this has been fixed in Beyond Divinity.

#170165 10/03/04 03:00 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
No, I was not placing items into a container (any). Oddly, when I clicked my equipped weapon, it should have openned the charm screen since my sword has five available charm slots. Instead, the damn sword simply disappeared.

So far, it seems to me that in order to "play it safe" regarding possible problems, I should periodically purge the damn game cache.

Regarding BD, except for 1) the voice acting of the Death Knight and 2) the somewhat locked skill system, I liked BD. And the demo worked fine tech-wise. Altho, so did the DD demo.

Elf

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard