Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hello everyone! I am proud to finally announce the first release of our project of the last ~4 months for the Enhanced Edition: Epic Encounters!

In the final stages of development, I had some problems getting the files packaged correctly. Thankfully, I was helped by a few of our members here--so thank you, SniperHF and Abraxas*!

Of course, also a big thank you to Norbyte, without whom most modding wouldn't happen at all.

You can grab the mod on Steam, but you'll probably (not strictly necessary) also want to get the English.txt and requirements.txt from my Nexusmods page. You can also just download the package directly from the Nexusmods page if you prefer:
http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/103/?

Below is a bit of a description of the mod and its major features, but there is much, much more than is listed. Happy New Year to all of you!

Epic Encounters is a gameplay overhaul and content expansion mod. The goal of the project is to raise the game's difficulty "to eleven" while also providing so much new content that a fresh playthrough will feel--well, fresh. This is to say that a great deal of combat and character features have been reworked and rebalanced while many new features have been added. The content expansion also includes a large, immersive end-game area-set and story line to test even the most experienced and powerful characters. For a full list of the (numerous) changes made within Epic Encounters, see the readme (over 60-ish pages) here: http://www.nexusmods.com/mods/573/readmes/Epic%20Encounters_readme.txt

MAJOR FEATURES:

Beautiful, immersive, brutally difficult endgame area-set and story line accessible from the end portion of "The Phantom Forest" within the base game. This content roughly spans character levels 20-25 and will likely offer seasoned, prepared players at least 24 hours of gameplay.

New icons for newly added items/spells, as well some replacements for old content.

39 new spells are added to the game and all previously existing spells have been revised and modified. Most of these spells boast completely new mechanical functionality. Every spell should now feel meaningful and competitive.

Talents have been reworked to achieve balance, some of which are now completely unrecognizable.

Abilities have been revised, some previously useless abilities (like Charisma or Tenebrium) are very viable and interesting options.

Some abilities and talents now provide special "reactions;" effects that your character can perform when a specific scenario occurs outside of her turn.

Many new status effects are added to the game.

Quality-of-life improvements, like increased run/walk animation speeds for players and enemies, required click-confirmation for self-casting spells, and preventing idle animations from playing while it is a player's turn in combat.

Rogue characters will find themselves much more useful and exciting to play with the introduction of the "Chain Bonus" system and scaling backstab damage multiplier.

Respecialization potions allow players to "respec" much earlier than before.

Companions start with most of their attributes/abilities/talents unallocated, allowing players to pursue a greater degree of customization with these characters.

Player maximum resistances are capped at 75%, but can surpass this limit with talents, abilities, and spells.

Perception has been reworked to grant +2.5% critical chance and +1 initiative per point above 5, making it an incredibly desirable attribute for now-possible "crit-based" builds.

Healing magic offers a percentage-based heal in addition to previous "flat" healing, allowing these spells to scale much more favorably into the late-game.

Disable immunity system prevents enemies and players alike from suffering any given "hard" disable for more than 2 of any given 5 turns, making it much more difficult to control combat.

Enemy AI has been improved greatly; creatures with special skills will generally be much more difficult simply because they will use these abilities much more intelligently.

In Tactician/Honour mode creatures have ~67% increased vitality, but some creatures may have less or much more.

Enemy statistic scaling ensures that combat remains challenging even if you've managed to over-level your opponents (note that this is within reason; a level 5 orc will still probably not be challenging to a level 25 character).

Consumables have been rebalanced.

Loot in general has been rebalanced to make all item types feel worthwhile. Additionally, loot can now appear with new effects.

Last edited by Ameranth; 31/12/16 02:49 AM.
A
addict
addict
A
Wow, that's really an enormous amount of changes and new content! And thank you for all the useful information on your Nexus site!

If you find some time, you can add all editor related issues to this thread here:

EE Editor Problems/Bugs thread

and all (character/item) scripting issues to this one:

Scripting issues - bugs, problems, improvements

We don't have a thread for story scripting issues yet, as far as I know. Maybe we should create one and collect information there.

If you don't find time, I can read through your site and add your information sometime.

Great work!

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
You might as well create a thread for all *missing* APIs that require workarounds or simply make some stuff impossible to do ;-)

One thing I wonder is how you managed to increase talent requirements in a Steam mod because to my knowledge that requires inclusion of Data\Public\Main\Stats\Generated\Data\Requirements.txt because the Requirements.txt in a mod is ignored.

Edit: okay forget it, I saw that you have an additional Requirements.txt.

Last edited by FrauBlake; 31/12/16 10:56 AM.
OP Offline
Thanks!

Yeah unfortunately I needed to have requirements.txt as an additional download. It's not ideal but I don't think it's overly-much trouble.

There is definitely a lot more quirks than I have explained in the bottom of my readme. Unfortunately I wasn't keeping track of all of them from the start of the project, and I can't remember all of them at a thought. Within the AMER_MAIN scripts there is tons of commenting done explaining various workarounds along the way.

Anyway, compiling the workarounds for a thread is something I could eventually do, I'm just not sure I'll have quite so much time (or the willpower ;P) pretty soon. I am of course more than happy to answer any questions about how stuff works.

Link Copied to Clipboard