Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
I got into the pre release completely on the back of the first game's strengths, especially multiplayer. Even got a friend to buy it with me.

I hope I am missing something but so far there is no character interaction, no voice acting, major points don't have any back and forth with the other players.

Am I missing something, or is this game more of a single player game then the first? Would be quite saddening

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
AFAIK stuff like coop play isn't being worked on until they've got the console interface sorted out, but it isn't being left out. Voice acting, I'm not sure what's the deal: I suspect it won't be fully voiced but I understand that there will be VA in time. The written dialogue would need to be finalised before they get the actors in, though.

It's still in the very early stages, there's plenty to come, so I wouldn't panic just yet. I share everyone else's impatience, though. biggrin

J'aime le fromage.
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks, and I hope so.

It feels so . . . disconnected right now. We are 2 people on the same map, not sharing a game like in the first.

Thank you for the response though

veteran
veteran
This game is created to be played with up to four players. It is in Alpha so only bare bones are implemented so far.

I guess, you missed that stuff like talking to your comrade tells you: interaction will be implemented later. smile

stranger
stranger
Voice acting didn't come to the first Original Sin until after release.

There are a few points in the game so far that allow you to dialogue with your party. There's an exclamation point that pops up over the party. It can be somewhat hard to see and I believe if you walk around it goes away.

May explain why you haven't seen it yet.

C
OP Offline
C
I saw it, but that was once an hour in. I guess the old actual talkative and arguing party is gone . . .

veteran
veteran
I think they were unsure at first but confirmed at some point during this Early Access on twitter that the final game will be fully voice acted.

About the lack of dialogues and character interactions... That's obviously because the game is incomplete, but it's probably more than fair to wonder (and inquire) to what degree the problem will be "fixed" by the end of development.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Tuco
I think they were unsure at first but confirmed at some point during this Early Access on twitter that the final game will be fully voice acted.

About the lack of dialogues and character interactions... That's obviously because the game is incomplete, but it's probably more than fair to wonder (and inquire) to what degree the problem will be "fixed" by the end of development.

This basically. One of the things I liked about the first one they did is that the characters interacted like a active party, currently it feels like everyone could do thier own thing and barely chime in.

Early, and all that of course :P

Q
apprentice
apprentice
Q
The story of the 1st one was centered around 2 main characters and major plot points revolved around both of them.

This 2nd game is not designed like that. It remains to be seen if they plan of treaty everyone in the party as a main character of equal importance.

Most of that part of the game simply has not been implemented yet.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Well, as apparent by their intent for competitive questing, you are in fact two people sharing a world, and not necessarily two people just... all buddy buddy. Though there are times when exclamation marks appear above the party and you can click each other to talk. Also, you can click someone who's in a conversation to listen in on it.

edit ; words

Last edited by TraceChaos; 04/02/17 03:08 AM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard