Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
@Kalrakh Decaying Touch harms for healing, so unfortunately it too would also cause "Zombie" to be unable to heal but instead kill. Sadly there's nothing that helps "Zombie" in terms of healing besides poison abilities. Doesn't go with any other healing as far as I know, as it would kill them. Unless Decaying Touch dealt poison damage, it wouldn't help much. But then again, I'd have to read the exact wording of Decaying Touch, because it might just double the healing you are already recieving from poison if it deals poison back onto you a second time. I can't imagine it working like that, but perhaps it does. I'll test that out a bit later. -Leptos

V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
@Kalrakh @Leptos The Zombie Talent is unforgiving. Making only poison your healing source and anything else will outright inflict damage. The only food you are allowed to eat is poisoned food. Even body parts will kill you because they count as food for anyone. Lizard meat is quite the killer delicacy. I haven't tested Decaying touch and Zombie to see how it works because i ended up not liking zombie and decaying touch separately.

Since the game is still far far away from releasing, the developers have a lot of time to we work the talents and make interactions between stuff like a Player with Zombie should be able to recover from eating the body parts of others.
-Void

veteran
veteran
Death Knight

Race: Any, but Undead for preference (once available)

Starting combat abilities:
Warfare
Necromancer

Starting Attributes: Strength + 1, Intelligence +1, Constitution +1.
Starting Talent: Morning Person -OR- Comeback Kid
Starting Skills: Rage, Blood Sucker, Mosquito Swarm
Weapon Type: Two-Handed (Sword)

The Death Knight is a melee fighter who uses heavy two-handed weapons (swords, for preference) and manipulates the life force of his enemies and himself for merciless slaughter.

There is no obvious civil ability, but Telekinesis works with the more mystical aspects. Another favoured Ability is Retribution, so each hit of damage an enemy takes is reflected onto the Death Knight's foes.

Favoured Skills include most of the Warfare Line, but the starting skill is Rage, because the Death Knight wades into battle without fear. Shackles of Pain and Vampiric Touch are excellent additions to the class as well.

Favoured Talents mostly fall into those suited for warriors, but Comeback Kid (important for the undying nature of a Death Knight) and Morning Person (resurrect to full health) are excellent to keep the Death Knight in the fray as much as possible. I wasn't sure which would be the best one to take as the level 1 starting Talent, but now I think Morning Person is better to take first because it's a LOT better for keeping the Death Knight in the fight than Comeback Kid, although that one should be taken as well at level 4.

Last edited by Stabbey; 28/04/17 10:23 PM. Reason: changed to Morning Person
D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
Here are some loadouts I have been having fun with.

Marauder:
race:human
military points:scoundrel and warfare
civil points:loremaster and bartering
talent:comeback kid
abilities:chloroform,battering ram,cripling strike
preset:knight
atributes:balance between str,con and wits.

Warlock
race:lizzard
military points:necromancer and polymorph
civil points:stealing and persuasion
talent:mnemonic/far out man
abilities:decaying touch,chameleon skin,mosquito swarm
preset:cleric/ranger
atributes:main stats are whatever bumps your physical weapon dmg and wits,secondary stat is int to increase the damage from necro spells.

Originally Posted by V&L Incorporated
@Kalrakh @Leptos The Zombie Talent is unforgiving. Making only poison your healing source and anything else will outright inflict damage. The only food you are allowed to eat is poisoned food. Even body parts will kill you because they count as food for anyone. Lizard meat is quite the killer delicacy. I haven't tested Decaying touch and Zombie to see how it works because i ended up not liking zombie and decaying touch separately.

-Void

I have tested Decaying Touch with Zombie and confirmed that when used on a Zombie,DT will make poison deal damage to the zombie...which is why I consider my Warlock build to be the best counter to most team builds which incorporate a healer.

Last edited by Draco359; 09/05/17 12:30 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
I just finished a run with 4 custom characters, all starting with the Zombie talent. It was a lot of fun, but not the min-maxing type. More of a fun run.

My Zombie party:
- poly + warfare zombie dwarf with 2-handed for tanking and damage
- necro + summoner elf just for fun, wasn't that good for this particular run
- pyro + geo + hydro wizard lizard (see what I did there?) to heal my party with poison darts and contamination and do aoe damage on baddies
- hunstman + aero human for damage and cc

I gave Elemental Affinity to the lizard wizard, so she could cast geo spells in poison and pyro spells when on burning ground cheaper.
I gave Elemental Ranger to the ranger so I could do more damage with regular arrows.

Fire was my biggest enemy but that's why I had hydro on my wizard. Heals did not bug me as much from enemies. The Zombie talent itself is not worth the point, doesn't make the characters stronger, but was a lot of fun playing so differently, no potions or food necessary and blessed ground damages us.

On my regular run, I love the ranger and the rogue, they do insane damage. I usually go with a poly warfare dwarf tank and an all-school mage to top it off. Nothing special there I guess.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by V&L Incorporated

Since the game is still far far away from releasing, the developers have a lot of time to we work the talents and make interactions between stuff like a Player with Zombie should be able to recover from eating the body parts of others.
-Void

BloodRain + BloodSucker and Talent Leech heal Zombies.

Last edited by MiKeFuRy; 18/07/17 09:30 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard