Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
addict
OP Offline
addict

I've no idea how the main plot is really going to unfold as I assume a lot of it isn't inside the alpha yet. Plus, things could change over time, if the writers are not satisfied with the story direction.

But if you're going to use something like blood stones again to unlock the story, please provide a gadget to hold them so players won't get rid of them by mistake.

(I recall some didn't finish DOS 'cos no one told them they needed to use the blood stones to unlock the story and that, I think you still needed the star stones too.)

Please protect quest items and make them unsaleable AND unusable: in DOS, there were many players who accidentally converted needed letters or whatever into spells or even sold them off or dumped them in some barrel. I truly enjoyed the extent of freedom we had but would do with a bit of concessions.

Perhaps you could even have a special inventory slot for Quest Items(if we're going to be carrying a lot:more than 6 to 8, at a time).

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Yeah, I would agree with that. I know that some people don't like the idea but I haven't seen a convincing argument against it ("players should have the freedom to permanently mess up their game" isn't a convincing argument).

J'aime le fromage.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I agree to a certain extent... It should be made apparent it is a quest item even in your inventory 50% of the game through later but allow the freedom to use it for resources.

Rogues are the best
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Bullethose
I agree to a certain extent... It should be made apparent it is a quest item even in your inventory 50% of the game through later but allow the freedom to use it for resources.

Actually, how about: once the quest has ended, it's no longer protected and can be used?

S
stranger
stranger
S
I would like quest items to be better protected. I was one of the many who'd to restart DOS EE 'cos I didn't know blood stones and star stones were needed. By the time I realised the fact, they were long gone. frown

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by snowpie
I would like quest items to be better protected. I was one of the many who'd to restart DOS EE 'cos I didn't know blood stones and star stones were needed. By the time I realised the fact, they were long gone. frown

Traders don't sell what they received. You can buy it back if necessary. just fyi. ^^

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard