Next Thread
Print Thread
A
aj0413 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
So~, my computer's graphics card died sad and I haven't been able to play the EA release for a while; which is compounded by the fact that I was taking a long break from these forums and the game to allow for a couple more iterations and updates to take place before I tried it again.

Thus, I'm a bit lost on where we are in development, right now.

Is the balance still heavily in favor of Warrior and Elf for the skills?

Has the armor system and defensive stats changed and been improved at all (probably my biggest criticism originally)?

Hows the main stats at the moment? No change?

Did they fix learning skills through skill points on items?

Hows loot drops and crafting going?

Any news on the Undead race?

Finally, I see we got an AI update. How's that going? Difficulty challenging for us min/max-ers, now? No more cheesing with stealth and environment tools?

Last edited by aj0413; 08/03/17 03:13 AM.
old hand
old hand
1. Warfare is still really strong, particularly Rage which most people think is completely broken. Elf still the best race.

Previous efensive abilities were nixxed and replaced with leadership (dodge and resist bonus for nearby allies), pain reflection (damage reflect), and perseverance (armor recovery after being hard cc'd, currently a bit undertuned I believe). Armor system is still basically the same.

Primary stats (int,str,dex) were simplified to just grant +5% damage per point. Boring but better than how it was. Con is still weak. 1 Memory = 1 skillslot. Wits is good.

Yep, require 1 actually invested ability to learn skills.

Loot is still meh, but more unique items. Crafting not developed any more.

Undead race is coming along, no real news though.

AI much smarter. Game's more difficult in some ways, though the economy is very generous. Can't really judge difficulty without seeing tactician mode. Stealth can still be cheese if you use it that way. Not sure what you mean about environment tools. Environmental effects are still good, but AI can use them against you much better.

A
aj0413 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
Hey, thanks for the update!

By environment I meant barrels and stuff that you could use to set up the fights in your favor before hand or set off for massive damage before anything is even aggro'd.

Mmm, so the class and race balance is still un-fixed.

Glad, they're trying new defensive stats. Does the leadership thing only effect everyone else or yourself as well? Glad to see perserverence; I originally argued for bodybuilding and willpower to make a comeback, but I can wait to see how that pans out.

AHA! New they were going to have to simplify things. Wonderful to see a more intuitive system. Keeping Memory then? But they made it easier to use....don't really see the point of it to be honest; though I guess they want to make someone pick between choosing power or diversity. Con still needs a buff? That makes my tank build sad. Wits actually good now? Cause AI initiative was pants on head OP last I checked. Nice to see I don't need to dump stats into every single level to keep up.

Happy day to hear they fixed that loophole....was so mindboggling and made people regret level choices at times when they invested so they could use a skill only to realize an item would save them the point.

Not developing crafting anymore? smirk Well, at least better loot.

Mmmm, I eagerly await news on the Undead then....would be cool if it was something you had to unlock while playing; like a Arcane Warrior in Dragon Age.

Glad to see more effective AI, though I wish they'd do better at countering stealth. Always was a terrible oversight to my mind that they just stop moving basically once you go invisible.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard