Next Thread
Print Thread
#602175 12/04/17 01:42 AM
L
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
L
Hello, ive been playing this game for some time, and i like it very much. That said, im creating this post to comment everything from balance to bugs.

First off, ive done a run totally alone, a run alone +3 companions and 3 runs with friends (before the patch with the polymorph and summoning master skills).

ABOUT BALANCE:

Race Skills:
Flesh Sacrifice should last only 1 turn, or have a higher cooldown, or maybe not give 1ap or 20% damage that skill is way too good. Elegant is fine.
Now, PLEASE NERF ELFS REGAINING 50% HP FOR 3 TURNS WITH 1 AP WHEN THEY EAT SOMEONES MEAT, ITS RIDICULOUSLY OP, thx :3

Encourage is fine. Ingenious too. Thrifty should be global and stack.

Dragons blaze is a bad skill, it should not affect the surface directly below the player (it really punishes you), and it should have a higher range, i think. Sophisticated is good, Spellsong is kinda weak.

Metamorph is OK, Sturdy too. Dwarven guile is ok.

Talents:
All skilled up is really too good, but idk how to nerf it.
Arrow recovery should have a 50% chance i think.
Bigger and better should give 2 points maybe? its quite bad.
Glass cannon is OP only cause npcs cant exploit that.
Savage Sortilage is bad.
Slingshot is... wtf? Anyone have a grenade arquetype? xD
Walk it off should only remove debuffs i think.
What a rush is kinda bad, should be 50% or less hp.
The rest is fine and balanced i think.

Combat/Civil passive skills:
All 4 weapons skills are quite balanced.

Leadership is terrible, 5m radious is only for a full-melee compsition, i thik it should be weaker but like 15m or atleast 10.
Pain reflection is nice.

Aerotheurge is ok, +10% damage to magic armour is fine.
Geomancer is fine too, 5% damage and 10% recover armour is balanced i think.
Huntsman is bad, for ranger arquetype u are better putting every point into Ranged unless u are making a elemental hybrid build. I think Huntsman should give 7 or 8%.
Hydrosophist is good, 10% healing and 10% magic armour recovery is great for any healer/support.
Necromancer is really interesting tho i dont feel it fits most builds, for a tank its kinda meh, for damage dealers u wont sacririce damage for some lifesteal, same for mages.
Pyrokinetic should give maybe 6 or 7%?
Warfare is fine.

Bartering is fine, but it should be global and stack, its A PAIN IN THE *** having to send EVERY item to the highest bartering character before making any trades, for 20 or 30% profit.
Lucky Charm should be better, i had one character with 4 points and i couldnt notice a difference, also, it should be global and stack, again an EVEN GREATER PAIN IN THE *** having one character only being able to loot stuff, and having to swap every lucky charm item before doing every single loot.

Loremaster is quite fun!
Telekinesis too! (But should be buffed a bit, more interactions please, not only moving stuff around).

Sneaking is kinda useless, since 99% encounters cant be skipped with sneaking.
Thievery is a MUST, atleast one character with 3 points.

Class arquetypes:
Rogue arquetype: It has a good damage, nice movement skills, but the source skill is trash, really. it hits 2x a sawtooth knife, and u must use 1 ap on stealth or 2 on an invisibility. Vault shoudnt deal that much damage since its already putting you behind your enemy. Overall scoundrel passive stats are OK, somewhat balanced build, maybe a lil better than it should be.

Tank arquetype (reflects, hp, shield): Straight foward one, lots of hp, 50% reflect damage is a good investment, and the shield armour recovery skill is good, warfare is balanced, good build.

Ranger arquetype: This dude is totally OP, +40 or 50% extra damage from high ground if u level huntsman, or the same without highground if u level ranged, with glass cannon and warlord talent i sometimes killed 2 guys first round, and then 2 at the second round, the game was EASY running a solo ranger with this build, Mark is a trash skill and should be buffed a bit, Arrow spray is quite good, tactical retreat is kinda OP, it shouldnt give u haste i think! Overall much better class than the others in every aspect, not to mention the range it has.

Wizard arquetype: I did this guy with all 4 elements, and also did full damage and full support ones (no necromancy), quite all-round class, heals fine, good damage, nice CCs combos, i think its balanced.
Aerotheurge is ok, favourable wind deserves a buff, teleportation range should be decreased.
Geomancer is good, quite balanced.
Hydrosophist is good, lots of heals, stuns, etc.
Pyrokinetic is somewhat better, more damage and haste should cost 1 AP, 0 ap for that is unbalanced i think.

Overall balance:

Sneaking is combat is totally retarded, just sneak everyone and the AI will not move or act. I think it sholdnt be allowed in combat.

Food and Potions: Please make them not to wear off before fights, its just a feeling but maybe it would be nicer to eat/drink them before fights, not use 1 ap for each thing u consume when already fighting, i didnt use any food/potions only cause it costs 1 ap, i think its too much for a 10% water resist buff for example. Healing potions are the only viable ones.

Crafting is amost nonexistent for now, but its heading the right way i think! Keep the good job on that, we need many more crafting possibities!

I also feel like the source is too hard to obtain, there are like 10 places and then its over and u cant use skills anymore... Maybe im missing something there;

Now about bugs, ive seen a lot, ill try to remember them:
Quests, a lot of bugs involving quests, some cant be archived (maybe not a bug at all), some appear as complete and then they are not (again maybe not a bug), some complete for some characters and not for others.
Most quests are quite confusing on the aspect of "have i complete it? Why isnt it complete?"

*Sometimes characters get "xxxxx blocked by magic armor", that keep appearing for the whole run.
*Sometimes characters get 100% blind for the rest of the run even tho they arent blinded, and u have to load a game 1 or 2 saves b4 that.
*Sometimes griff will leave his place on city and be kinda stuck somewhere else.
*Sometimes Battering Ram will charge people in high ground when the caster isnt, and he will be teleported down afterwards; Same occurs for some movement skills;
*If you use a skill and then use Vault too fast, it will freeze your character and you cant take actions or use itens, and u are forced to pass your turn.
*Adrenaline sometimes doesnt give u the extra AP, but also doesnt go into cooldown, maybe the same bug cause as Vault.
*Ricochet doesnt bounce as it says, or as it should, sometimes there is a line of enemies and it doesnt bouce at all, sometimes it bounces to a target far away and not on the closer ones, its kinda buggy i think.
*Some characters affected by battle stomp dont fall to the ground even tho they are knocked down. (guess that animation cant take in some surfaces?)
*Dwarves cant reach the gargoyoles to leave the portal, they get stuck inside once they enter, and must fight allies then leave combat, only way i found to get back to town.
*AI is really dumb, sometimes NPCs go up and down at stairs untill they are out of AP, rofl xD.
*Sometimes some skills hit people when the preview shows it wont.
*Sometimes u cant hit ppl cuz it says "out of range" or "enemy is invisible", BUT u CAN hit them if u hold ctrl and target behind them, the spell/arrow line will be obstructed (by them) and it will hit em!

edit:
*Enemies can use battering ram from low ground into very high ground, same applies for any movimentation skills, and most normal skills too, NPCs doesnt seem to have height restriction.
*Theres a bug when you bless fire and poison cloud, you will get "regenerating" message, then another message saying "regeneration blocked by xxxx" and it will loop forever, crahsing the game!

This is the feedback based on myself and all friends ive played with, i seek to make the game more balanced and bug-free, feel free to add anything or to correct me if im wrong.

Sorry for the bad English, its not my first language. And thank you for this amazing game!

Last edited by laiozatt; 14/04/17 02:27 AM.
veteran
veteran
Encourage:
Do you think +1 on every stat is still worth the AP, if you stats are 20 or even 30 points high already?

Did your Glass cannon guy abuse sneak all game long? Most people say, that AI will focus the shit out of Glass cannons, if they can attack them.

*Sometimes characters get "xxxxx blocked by magic armor", that keep appearing for the whole run.

=> One of your items is cursed.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, from my experience the AI jumps on anyone they smell weakness from like mad dogs into a piece of meat. They could still be even more brutal, though.

Last edited by Kelsier; 12/04/17 09:48 AM.
L
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
L
Well if u are playing with a 4-man group then i think its worth it, yes! +1 for every stat on each member is a good improvement, not all stats will be 20, atleast in how alpha is now, maybe later it should be a % increase.

About the cursed, i will check that out, but im pretty sure its a bug, cause it started happening in a fight, and for the whole group, i dont believe everyone swapped to a cursed item in the same fight...

L
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
L
And no, the AI completely ignored my ranger on high ground with glass cannon, i dont remember a single time i got stunned or anything, it appears they just go for whoever is closer (sometimes they run around and lose they turn doing nothin, AI is still rly dumb).

S
stranger
stranger
S
I agree with all of this apart from the goemancer and the necromancer (kinda):

I feel like both are pretty useless at the moment because you can't deal any poison damage to skeletons (since they're immune) and they become the main enemy after leaving Fort Joy. Although some skills are good especially when combined with other ones. Same goes for necromancer, blood rain and other skills don't affect skeletons which really annoyed me.

Those 2 classes are the weakest in my opinion at the moment.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Just typed a book and it didn't go through, so I'll try to post high points and piggyback on an excellent post. Almost all of my playtime is Online Co-op, some of the points wouldn't serve anything in Single Player

1. Need to be able to Ping or add Markers. Would let you plan or point out things much easier (not talking the markers on main map, think MMO markers on where to stand etc)
2. Inspect Buddy - Aggravating to not see builds, stats, perks, armors. I never am the Loremaster so idk if that is what's needed here or not
3. Follow Command / Shared XP. Quests/kills should apply for everybody, I'd love to be able to split up for more mundane tasks. (i.e. you free Amyro, I'll do Migo) but so far when we do this (and sometimes when we don't) the characters end up on different levels at times. Follow is self explanatory, would love to get a drink or take a call and not try to catch back up or slow party down for 5 mins.
4. Would love to see some way to simultaneously shop at the same guy, maybe not be able to seal the deal but at least view inventory, talk with party members, etc. It's tedious and aggravating now, especially if you have ur "barterer" do all the deals.
5. "Party Stash" I like the magic pockets, but I'd also like to be able to send all my superfluous stuff to a party area. I pick up everything, but don't really wanna have 100s of shells and plants in my inventory. Or have to send some stuff to a friend because he needs 20 gold and I'm in the middle of something as well.

Stuff that seems broken:
Teleport and "Slow" spells are crazy strong in my playthroughs. (Slow is probably the most dangerous of all in my solo runs so far)
Hunter builds seem to have 0 drawbacks and do as much or more damage than almost every class
Leather Armor seems like it's better than Cloth or Plate to me regardless of role. If I outfit my Tank in all Plate armor It seems like I'm running 100 p armor to <30 m armor (Mostly from shield).
Memory I love and hate, I run a lot of spells generally, and so most of the time I end up with 15+ wits n' memory, very little left for the rest. This may fix itself at higher levels when you have all the spells you need. But seems like it needs tweaking to me
Most of the OP's other stuff (shared barter/lucky find) etc.

Helf #602216 13/04/17 03:03 AM
L
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
L
Yeah all those would be good, about memory, i usually invest all (or almost all) my points if im playing as a mage, having like 5 spells of each is rly good, better than having 2 with more damage i think...

L
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
L
Reviving this thread->
So, i just bought the game and im ready to play the full version, ive seen some of the changes/balances i mentioned were implemented (and im really happy to make a difference), but i would like a better explanation on why some stuff werent balanced at all, maybe a dev or someone in staff can answer me? That would be really good!
Anyways, id like ppl to advise me if everything i mentioned is fixed/balanced or some stuff still op/trash, thank you guys!

Edit: is Bartering and Lucky charm global already?

Last edited by laiozatt; 17/09/17 06:57 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by laiozatt

No, and there was never really much chance that Larian would change that.

L
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
L
Originally Posted by Stabbey

So Lucky Charm still not worth getting at any scenario and we still have to send stuff for the highest Bartering chararacter to sell/buy? Huh thats rly bad...

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Originally Posted by Stabbey

So Lucky Charm still not worth getting at any scenario and we still have to send stuff for the highest Bartering chararacter to sell/buy? Huh thats rly bad...

because mah skills even though is a valid quality of life improvement.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard