Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
OK, I'm now a rabbit. Will it wear off or is it permanent like when I do it? I got a save just before it so I can just avoid it and nothing at all special in the chest so no biggie. I waited for a while but don't want to find out the hard way that it's my new life.

Larian Studios
Larian Studios

It is permanent; you'll have to reload the save just before that.

All of the polymorph traps were suppose to have been removed when the effect was made permanent, but 2 were missed, in the Verdistis sewers (map).
Level 3 of Evade Traps prevents the polymorph trap from being triggered when you open that chest, or a spiritual resistance of 16 or more will protect from the effect.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
OK. Good to know. I put on every bit of jewelry that I had that raised resistance in a test but it didn't quite get me to 16. I'm betting the first time through, I had high spiritual defense because, well, it didn't happen. I kept a save there but, really, just moved on. Each time I tried something as a test, the chest had an orange bottle - I rarely used stamina or strength potions and I'm rolling in gold so I wouldn't have gone back to the save anyway.

I have this craving for a carrot, though ---------

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Use few elixirs before opening these chests and all should be fine (if You have at least 1 point in Alchemy, elixirs can be obtained by mixing restoration[white] and stamina [orange] potions).

Larian Studios
Larian Studios

You likely moused over the chest or hit Alt when your character was nearby, so set the contents of the chest before saving. It's just random loot, anyway.
I also had 16+ spiritual resistance when I first went through there, and noticed the effect when the trap was triggered, but didn't realize it was a trap until the topic came up some time later in the forum.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard