Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
When I first played this game, I saw that NPCs would detect they were robbed and would search all party membres. On the second play though, I noticed this wasn't happening.

Is this intentional? I really liked how you had to plan on having a member rob them and then run while distracting them in conversation. Then they would insist on searching you for their missing items, at least once.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
Support
Support

No, NPCs should still detect missing items, and look for the thief in the immediate vicinity. There is a time limit on that, though, so if you make a clean getaway, you won't be challenged if you return some time later.

If you start a new game, recruit the Red Prince, head to the front gate, take the ladder up and Pickpocket Yarrow, for example, there should be an overhead text comment when she realizes items missing, and she should confront the character.

C
C
They need to make it better. It's annoying aggressive and breaks things, they will break out of combat to harrass you about a missing apple. Lose it

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Cam,

If I robbed you, wouldn't you be a bit 'annoying aggressive' towards me?

I'm guessing the time limit needs to be a bit longer. Or maybe I just got lucky, I'm glad it is still in-game. I found it a bit too easy to rob all the houses in Act 1 of Original Sin and no one seemed to care.

What we need is some OP NPC to 1-hit a character at some point in the game. Perhaps even in a humorous matter such as an abnormally giant fire ball that will also burn down the NPC's own home / store.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 06/05/17 03:55 PM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
K
stranger
stranger
K
I would love it if there was one OP NPC in the game who gave a huge temptation to steal from but would kill anyone who tried.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by KaZe_DaRKWIND
I would love it if there was one OP NPC in the game who gave a huge temptation to steal from but would kill anyone who tried.

Yarrow's father... I pick-pocketed him and failed, he flayed me alive.

I will say, one of the things that bothers me the most about the way it currently operates is that if you pickpocket an NPC and get away, the pick-pocketed items are still marked as "Stolen" and other NPC's will take them away if they find them during a search.

NPC's shouldn't inherently know which objects are stolen and confiscate them. Either Put a timer on the "Stolen" flag so that it will eventually go away, or only allow NPC's to find objects that were stolen from them, not from others.

Last edited by Twiztedterry; 15/05/17 07:31 PM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Twiztedterry
one of the things that bothers me the most about the way it currently operates is that if you pickpocket an NPC and get away, the pick-pocketed items are still marked as "Stolen" and other NPC's will take them away if they find them during a search.
You can always sell the stolen items (to another NPC or even the same one), kill them and loot their corpse to get the items back. That removes the stolen tag.

A
stranger
stranger
A
at the moment i have a problem with over agressive npc´s when it comes to stolen stuff

stole 1 skillbook and instantly learned it
they called me out some time later
let them search me
they found nothing (obviously)
still comes to the persuation or pay event cause "i look suspicious" even tho they confirmed 2 seconds ago that i dont have stolen stuff on me

or when i play coop
steal an apple
my mate get called out lets them search cause his inventory is clear
they still say they found something
like what? did they find his memory of not seeing me steal an apple and having it in my inventory?
can they see my inventory through him?

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard