Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#603350 09/05/17 10:27 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I just started playing DKS couple of weeks ago, After i acquire battle tower, i tried to complete the platform quests, For the nacromancer quest part 1 i couldnt see the creature in the cave (Bone Burrow)where i could kill and collect parts. i loaded earlier save and tried to see it randomly appeared by loading saves and finally got completed. Second time i couldn't see Raze in his fortress. just black screen appears eveytime i try to enter his room, after i finished conversing with him, he is no where to be found, is there any way i can find him and kill him.

Demi-God #603351 09/05/17 10:40 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I had original version of Ego Draconis, but since i couldn't find Flames of Vengeance i Bought DKS, the gaming company should have made Ego Draconis save Compatible with DKS, since FoV is no where to be found, so we can just place the Ego Draconis save in DKS and save ygerna from being killwd and from their FoV starts. There is a lot of Bugs in Original DKS and i wanted to quickly complete it and begin with Dragon Commander. well nothing can be done. Hoping there will be a Divinity 3 In Which we can load save from DKS and continue with the same character and kill Damian, since he fleds and is not killed in FoV.

Demi-God #603354 09/05/17 11:00 AM
Support
Support
Do you have the latest version of DKS (1.4.9.70)? You can check the version in the main menu. If needed you can download the patch here.

If you need the patch, you will probably also want the DRM free executable. If the game was already updated, it may already have had the DRM removed; if you were asked for an activation code when installing Securom is still present; if not, it may have been removed, or the installer just checked the disk). If needed, you can download this and extract it into the bin folder, overwriting the original (or rename it first, if you wish, but there is not much reason to keep the DRM version).
Securom is not compatible with Windows 10, so if you are using that version of Windows, likely the game is updated and the DRM already removed.

If that doesn't help, please email supportdks@larian.com, with your latest save (or one before entering General Raze's inner headquarters).

Saves are in the folder:
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Savegames

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders (see here)

Raze #603507 11/05/17 01:57 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
thanks, but i figured out that it only occured after i crossed level 25 so i killed all bosses before reaching level 25 and and got those items. its a great game i have reached on flame of vengeance on level 37. i also have got Dragon Commander from a friend. i love DC alot.

Demi-God #605180 09/06/17 08:39 PM
C
C
Thanks for the link to the patch, Raze. I needed it!
I'm hoping the patch will solve the issues I'm having when first going through the 'portal' to Laiken-- my character supposedly can't take anything else, that being the key in the first chest, though everything else can be "take all." Weird. I also can't remember how to proceed at this point. I'll get there, eventually.

Thanks again!

"I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have LOTS of lives!"
Support
Support

Is your inventory full? You would still be able to take stackable items in that case, but nothing that would use a new slot (keys, equipment, books, etc).

Just to the right of the inventory tabs is a fraction showing the current item count (excluding quest items) and the maximum size (100 plus any bonus from the Encumbrance skill, though if you are a little selective in what you keep, use any skillbooks that you acquire, etc, you should easily be able to stay within the default limit until you get access to the battle tower chest and can offload alchemy and enchantment ingredients and anything you're not going to use, but don't want to get rid of [equipment set pieces you might want to try with the full set, etc]).

Demi-God #605186 09/06/17 09:12 PM
C
C
Hi. No, my inventory was not full. I even went back and reloaded the save (right before going into the portal), after I saw I could not open my inventory after passing through the portal.

I am doing the DC version. I just realized that I am not sure if the patch is good for that. Is the linked patch good for the Dev Cut? I don't want to mess it up & I have the patch downloaded, but not installed yet.

Thanks for the info about where to find the inventory count & other info. Although I am aware of it, others may not be. You're very helpful!

~~Cierra

Support
Support

The patch is for DKS; D2:DC should already be updated.

The first visit to Laiken is just a cutscene introduction (from the Temple of Doom in the bandit hideout). The inventory may be deliberately blocked then, and I don't recall any loot there.

Raze #605191 09/06/17 10:05 PM
C
C
Hmmm. There was no cut scene. I wonder if it's because I went to the tower and killed him using the stone for going to the Battle Tower?

The disadvantage to "cheating" by exploring.

Do you know what the current version number is for the Dev Cut of Div II?

Thanks!

Support
Support

That would probably do it; you aren't suppose to have the dragon stone until after killing him at the end of Sentinel Island. The encounter at the end of the Temple of Doom should just be a conversation and then you get kicked out.

For the normal mode of D2:DC, the latest version is 1.4.700.49 (or 1.4.700.56 with the Y axis hotfix); for the Developer Mode, the version numbers are 1.4.700.47 and 1.4.700.57.
If you don't want to invert the Y axis in dragon form, there is no reason to get the hotfix.

Demi-God #605203 10/06/17 01:17 AM
C
C
I was wondering if playing with those and doing dragon form in BV long, long before even doing the bandit camp, was going to mess up later game play. Lesson learned! Back to a starting character.

Thanks for the link to the hotfix.

~~Cierra

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard