Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Thought I'd make a positive thread about the GM mode since the other one seemed to disappear. Looks incredible, very polished and open ended. Virtually everything I was hoping for. I imagine many other people feel similarly.

There will be a livestream of GM mode at 4pm PT.

For those of you who like The Adventure Zone podcast, listen to Griffin McElroy react to the mode (plus just generally showcasing the GM mode a bit more).

Last edited by Baardvark; 09/05/17 05:58 PM.
old hand
old hand
A bit different than what I expected, and in a good way. They've really left it open and flexible to be run by the GM rather than simply being a mostly standalone module that can only be tweaked. This will be much easier to get up and running. It's also designed really well for fostering a cooperative community with so much sharing potential.

I also have to say, that as someone with a rather ambitious campaign that I've never been able to create within a modern toolkit thus far, this may be the way to do it. Rather than implement every dialogue, quest, and encounter in its minutiae, I could put together a GM campaign and let a GM fill in the blanks. It allows you to expand the scope of the story you want to tell. Intriguing possibilities!

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
@Baardvark, I moved the other into the GM branch of the forum smile

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Heh, forgot about that forum. Guess we can make threads there now! Move this one if you wish (though I think one thread about GM mode in general discussion would be good.)

old hand
old hand
I like what ive seen very much so far.

I have to wonder will any of those features be available - in any way - to the editor and so for modding the single player campaigns?

Say i make a whole map with several locations and specific quests, vignettes, dialogues, NPCs - the works.
Would it be possible to somehow save that and copy it into the editor to create s singleplayer mod with it?

Or the editor will have all those functions itself so such a copy-paste wouldnt be necessary?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Loving the look of the GM mode. It has already far surpassed my expectations.

I'm hoping it isn't too hard to add in custom content, such as creating our own abilities, creatures, etc.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard