Next Thread
Print Thread
#603774 18/05/17 02:03 PM
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Thank you for once again giving us an excuse to put off our real world responsibilities and delve into your world.

If I may be so bold as to make a few requests however?

1) Please add additional merchants that have no quest/companion ties whatsoever.
It's beyond maddening to discover that I cannot gain any new skills for my character because one of my companions once scolded the bread makers daughter who happened to be the first love of the merchants recently deceased husband.

Have them also stock all books up to the current level, at times my character is such a pauper he cannot splash out on luxury items like skill books - so the option to return at a later date would be a blessing.

2) Please ensure there is a way to reset your skillpoints/attributes/known spells without having a massive drawback or obscene monetary penalty attached.

I want to explore your world and play with all the wondrous options you've provided for us, not be 10 hours in and then decide "Oh - THAT'S how this works? Well, no wonder I'm suffering in fights so much, guess I'll just have to struggle for the rest of the game then.

I don't want to be punished into having to start a new game and then have to go through the heartbreak of becoming bored with clicking through the plot that not a few hours ago I was in love with - only to have it become a similar feeling of trying to have a conversation with my wife of 30 years after she just got back from the spa.

The implementation could be simple, just have it in the menu's if you don't want to make a fancy dream-like area for such things.
Add a cooldown to switching out abilities so people aren't using it to customise their characters before every fight, and bobs your uncle.

3) No, I do not want my companions to casually walk through that fire when there's a nice way around it.

Thanks for listening, I know you've got a lot on your plate.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by MyFavouriteFan

Please ensure there is a way to reset your skillpoints/attributes/known spells without having a massive drawback or obscene monetary penalty attached.

DOS:EE Had this, IIRC it had a small gold cost and you only had to re-learn your spells, which really wasn't that big of a deal, since you could buy the books from the vendors in the end of time.

Last edited by Twiztedterry; 18/05/17 05:05 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Unless there is no other way than walk through a surface covered in fire, ooze or poison, the characters will always find the shortest safe way around.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Scole
Unless there is no other way than walk through a surface covered in fire, ooze or poison, the characters will always find the shortest safe way around.

That itself also poses problems because VERY often the path through the fire is the FAR better choice (In fact a lot more often than you think).

Even then the safe path might be some ridiculously long path that takes up your entire turn.

It would be better if you could SOMEHOW plan out your move

I thought that was only out of combat...

enthusiast
enthusiast
It is in fact only out of combat that the auto thing happens, except maybe for enemies.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Neonivek
Originally Posted by Scole

That itself also poses problems because VERY often the path through the fire is the FAR better choice (In fact a lot more often than you think).

Even then the safe path might be some ridiculously long path that takes up your entire turn.

It would be better if you could SOMEHOW plan out your move

If there is a safe way, the AI will always first prioritize going that one, except in combat. If there is no safe way, it will take the shortest one.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard