Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Whenever I try to join a game on multiplayer the game crashes. A window says it's connecting pops up, but that is pretty much it.

Does anyone know what the problem may be and how I may solve it?

Support
Support

Is this in character creation, or after that?

Have you tried joining different games?

Did you try different ways to connect? The lobby or friend invite are available if you are both playing the same version, Steam or GOG, and Direct Connection should work in any case.

Have you tried hosting?

If you lower the game resolution and switch to windowed display mode, does that make a difference, or at least let you see if there are any pop-up windows in the background from an anti-virus or firewall program, etc?

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs before starting the game, especially anti-virus and anything network related?

Try each verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin 2 in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.

If you check the Event Viewer, does that give an error code or 'Faulting Module' file name that might help identify the cause of the crash?
- click Start (or WinKey-R), then type "event viewer" into the search box. in Windows 10, 'event' should bring up 'View event logs'.
- after starting the Event Viewer, expand 'Windows Logs' in the left column and select 'Application'
- in the center column, look for a recent error (maybe sort by Date and Time) for the game
- check the information under the 'General' tab below the list of events, starting with "Faulting application name..."

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
The game crashes before I even get into character creation. It freezes as soon as I hit the "connect" button.

I've tried connected to various games all with the same effect. All files are okay according to steam.

Hosting a game doesn't cause it to crash, though I can't say if anyone is able to join my game or not.

Got this error message in the event viewer:

The program EoCApp.exe version 3.0.52.425 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
And I found a way to make it work:

Don't push the connect button to the bottem right but double click on a game...

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Gardhian
And I found a way to make it work:

Don't push the connect button to the bottem right but double click on a game...

This does nothing for my case... I have tried without any network protection and I crash the moment I click to connect. Would love to get this working because multiplayer is what got me interested!

Last edited by vometia; 11/09/17 01:29 AM. Reason: formatting
S
stranger
stranger
S
The *instant* I click "connect" or double click an online game, Divinity freezes. I do not have another way to try multiplayer besides joining an online game inside the game client (I play via Steam). I am running this on an external hd, with a 4k monitor at 3840x2160.

Event Viewer:

Application Hang

The program EoCApp.exe version 3.0.77.309 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed.
Start Time: 01d32a882c23a059
Termination Time: 2
Application Path: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\bin\EoCApp.exe
Report Id: a61de02b-1c78-4972-a092-2e848fd0d7ee
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Support
Support

The Steam version can also do multiplayer through friend invites, or Direct Connection / LAN.

Try starting the game through Steam, switch to windowed mode and lower the game resolution (and maybe mute the sound volume), start a multiplayer game, hit Esc, open the Connectivity Menu, optionally disable online multiplayer and make sure LAN Connections is enabled (or that can be done in the options before starting a new game).
Next, start the game again from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\bin\EoCApp.exe' program file, select Join Online Game in the Campaign section, switch to the LAN tab, rather than Online, and try joining.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Raze

The Steam version can also do multiplayer through friend invites, or Direct Connection / LAN.

Try starting the game through Steam, switch to windowed mode and lower the game resolution (and maybe mute the sound volume), start a multiplayer game, hit Esc, open the Connectivity Menu, optionally disable online multiplayer and make sure LAN Connections is enabled (or that can be done in the options before starting a new game).
Next, start the game again from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\bin\EoCApp.exe' program file, select Join Online Game in the Campaign section, switch to the LAN tab, rather than Online, and try joining.

No dude, you are not hearing me. Again, I did all of this already. I have no interest in playing a LAN game or with a steam friend. I am interested in the public games and that freezes my game every time.

The only reason I want to play this game is for the unique feature of its cast of party members taking their own actions, and I cannot do that as of now.

Also, fixes like what you have mentioned do not really help much if i have to downgrade my rez and mute the game to play.......

please.

S
stranger
stranger
S
OK Update: I noticed that the lobby has a message, "DC'd from the global chat server." and then, "Could not connect to the global chat server." Related? I tried typing in chat and upon hitting 'enter' to submit my message, it froze again. it seems any attempt to connect freezes it

Last edited by se4nathan; 14/09/17 01:13 AM.
Support
Support

You said you didn't have another way to join; I pointed out other options.

Troubleshooting suggestions are to either fix the problem directly, or to help narrow down the problem.
Lowering the resolution and sound volume was to be able to run 2 instances of the game on your computer, thus eliminating all but local networking from being a possible problem.
Being able to host but not join removes the ISP issues from consideration.
Etc.

Chat was down for me, as well, when I checked again in the developer version (was working earlier today). I switch to the EA release, and it took a long time to connect, but is currently working.
There may be issues with the number of users, or there may be changes being made leading up to release.
Global chat may be removed for the release (it was great in Early Access for D:OS, but there were issues after release: volume, spoilers, trolling, etc). Leaving it available would require more servers and moderation.

However, any test message tried when not connected should just disappear, with no other feedback or response from the game.

Try reseting your network adapter:
- click Start (or Search in Win 10), type cmd into the search box, right click Command Prompt and select run as administrator.
- type the following command and hit Enter
netsh winsock reset
- when that is done, there should be a message 'Winsock reset completed successfully'
- type exit and hit Enter, then reboot your computer.
For more details, see:
https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/Resetting_Network_Adapter_(Winsock_Reset)

T
stranger
stranger
T
I have the same problem. I also reported it about 2½ months ago here

http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=73096&Number=605862#Post605862

I have tried, with no success:

-joining different games
-verifying files in Steam
-resetting network adapter (netsh winsock reset)
-reinstalling game
-manually deleting saves+config files, to reset them
-changing from Fullscreen to Windowed
-changing resolution (1440p to 1080p) and refresh rate (144hz to 60hz)
-changing sound quality (High to low)
-closing every non-essential background app
-updating Nvidia driver to latest version
-disabling Steam Cloud
-disabling Steam Overlay
-fresh+updated Windows install with all updated drivers
-creating new player profile in-game

dxdiag log:
https://pastebin.com/ie7KHgmN

Event log gives me this info:

The program EoCApp.exe version 3.0.141.716 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 205c
Start Time: 01d32d92f5703c95
Termination Time: 89
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\bin\EoCApp.exe
Report Id: 05a72774-9987-11e7-8488-1c6f65c73758
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

and under event log details:
- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Application Hang" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>101</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-09-14T19:58:08.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>66075</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Tobchine</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data>EoCApp.exe</Data>
<Data>3.0.141.716</Data>
<Data>205c</Data>
<Data>01d32d92f5703c95</Data>
<Data>89</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\bin\EoCApp.exe</Data>
<Data>05a72774-9987-11e7-8488-1c6f65c73758</Data>
<Data />
<Data />
<Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

Last edited by thorborn; 15/09/17 02:12 AM.
X
stranger
stranger
X
Same here, i tried anything but no success, and i have same problem with DOS 1

X
stranger
stranger
X
I found a solution, its easy, but this is in my case.

Start game ==> Arena mode ==> Create arena==>Connectivity==>And leave to main menu and ready, try to enter in any Lobby.

In my case this is the solution.

Last edited by Xavi; 15/09/17 09:29 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Xavi

Start game ==> Arena mode ==> Create arena==>Connectivity==>And leave to main menu and ready, try to enter in any Lobby.

I can confirm that this also works for me.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Xavi
Same here, i tried anything but no success, and i have same problem with DOS 1

Same for me!

gracias Xavi wink

Last edited by Rada Torment; 28/09/17 02:05 AM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard