Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
error3 Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I got 3 friends together to play today (after the hotfix), but whenever we start the game only 3 of our characters are in the game. The 4th character is not created, leaving 1 player with no character to control.

We thought it might be a fluke, so we tried remaking the game, customized our characters again, and once again the game started and my character wasn't generated.

The host was able to assign me one of the 3 characters, so presumably I'll be able to join in once they recruit a companion, but this bug ruined my ability to play today and left me out of the session.

Has anyone else had trouble creating a game with 4 people?

Update: Our original party had 2 custom elves. We tried again where no 2 people had the same custom race and we were able to all load in.

Last edited by error3; 26/05/17 09:21 PM.
Support
Support

I could not reproduce this in a LAN game; a couple people reported this in the Steam discussions.
What was your configuration of characters (origin or race/gender) for the host and clients?

error3 Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
2 of us had custom elf (both male) characters, 1 had a custom dwarf (male), and 1 was Lohse. It happened back-to-back with this configuration.
I changed from a custom elf to Ifan, and then we were able to get all 4 characters created.

I theorized it might be having 2 of the same-race of customized character that caused it, as it was one of the elves both times that didn't make it into the game and the time we removed the duplicate custom race we stopped having the problem.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Has this been addressed for the final release? Trying to start a multiplayer game with more then one custom character of the same race always breaks the beginning.

Support
Support

Yes, this will be fixed in the release.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard