Next Thread
Print Thread
#604244 27/05/17 06:32 PM
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
This has been bugging me for a long time and even more so with rep system.

I go to the blind elf as I need to and Lohse comes up and says can I speak first. So I say the line and get a nice +10 to friend ship then as you know it goes to shit and gets all misty eyed now with the new rep system you lose 10 rep if you side with elf which makes no sense as Lohse says she dose not want to hurt the elf and for her to stop. also she is possessed so why is it she hates you and not the thing.

Now the part that has bugged me the longest is that if you side with Lohse you attack Lohse still to end fight and now every one is pissed at ur party with a massive -45 which means no quest love and a small fortune to make the lizard happy enough to sell you items again. This is way too steep a price to pay as even the elf shouts out that its not her fault.

I would like to see if possible the removal of the -10 rep if you side with elf as Lohse is not in control and before losing control wants not to harm the elf.
Or if it has to stay there lower the -45 to - 10 as that is what you lost would of lost With Lohse and you can recover from that easier the pay 4 -5 people with -45 to make sure you can buy as well as not get auto attacked when walking in that cave.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
It's evident that Lohse's guest isn't very nice. I managed to talk the situation down, but perhaps leaving her outside might be the safest thing to do...

J'aime le fromage.
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I would love to leave her outside but she has her main quest there. and from the sound of the video that rep is important as that could me saying goodbye forever.

Last edited by Ash Raven; 27/05/17 08:41 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Ash Raven
I would love to leave her outside but she has her main quest there. and from the sound of the video that rep is important as that could me saying goodbye forever.

If your characters have extreme negative reputation with you they will leave, yes.
Thats not going to happen unless you force it, you can probably play the entire game without doing their quests and they most likely will not leave.

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
That beside the point. You not doing the quest means a loss of XP and in multiplayer that is important to keep levels the same due to their weird xp system.

Also as I had said it is more about contradicting what they are saying. Also if you do pick Lohse it should be a -10 to those in the cave and not -45 as the elf says its not her fault.

veteran
veteran
I have to agree with the original poster here. The faction/attitude shifts that are happening in relation to this event make zero sense. It's like the person who assigned these attitude penalty values paid absolutely no attention to the context of the conversation taking place.

Problem #1: You lose attitude standing with Lohse for trying to stop her, even though she wants to be stopped before anyone is hurt (she literally cries at the end for almost having hurt someone).

Problem #2: Your entire party loses attitude standing with the entire cave community, even if your party chooses to stand with the cave community to stop Lohse. This is doubly ridiculous, by the way, when you consider the ongoing problem of co-op players not being properly rewarded with positive attitude adjustments for good deeds because they didn't talk to NPC-X before their friend did.

Problem #3: Even if your party chooses to stand with the cave community to stop Lohse, your party still performs attacks of opportunity on any cave community members that move by. And, they are also targeted by cave community members instead of being flagged as their allies.

Problem #4: Lohse loses attitude standing with the cave community, even though the leader repeatedly tells Lohse it's not her fault, that she is aware of the danger lurking inside of her. She clearly sympathizes with Lohse and wants to help her, yet oddly her attitude sinks into the toilet.

Again, it's like the developer who assigned these attitude penalty values paid absolutely no attention to the context of the conversation taking place (or didn't understand it).

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Gyson
I have to agree with the original poster here. The faction/attitude shifts that are happening in relation to this event make zero sense. It's like the person who assigned these attitude penalty values paid absolutely no attention to the context of the conversation taking place.

Problem #1: You lose attitude standing with Lohse for trying to stop her, even though she wants to be stopped before anyone is hurt (she literally cries at the end for almost having hurt someone).

Problem #2: Your entire party loses attitude standing with the entire cave community, even if your party chooses to stand with the cave community to stop Lohse. This is doubly ridiculous, by the way, when you consider the ongoing problem of co-op players not being properly rewarded with positive attitude adjustments for good deeds because they didn't talk to NPC-X before their friend did.

Problem #3: Even if your party chooses to stand with the cave community to stop Lohse, your party still performs attacks of opportunity on any cave community members that move by. And, they are also targeted by cave community members instead of being flagged as their allies.

Problem #4: Lohse loses attitude standing with the cave community, even though the leader repeatedly tells Lohse it's not her fault, that she is aware of the danger lurking inside of her. She clearly sympathizes with Lohse and wants to help her, yet oddly her attitude sinks into the toilet.

Again, it's like the developer who assigned these attitude penalty values paid absolutely no attention to the context of the conversation taking place (or didn't understand it).

Considering how many problems this encounter has, I think it's not just the person who did the attitude values, but everyone involved. Like how do you not notice this and see a problem.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I picked Lohse as my character to play and spoke with the elf woman Saheila. I went through the dialog which seemed to go in only one direction no matter which response you choose since I reloaded several times to try and change the outcome. We always end up in a fight and their attitude goes to minus 45 toward everyone in my group at the end. I kind of feel betrayed because Saheila seems so sympathetic and understanding about my lack of mental control the entire time and then seems to hate me after all is said and done. Her conversation and attitude to you contradict one another. I don't know how this problem came about but please make some adjustments so that this scenario makes sense.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
The whole thing is just a mess, unchain lohse before you hand in Sahelia's quest and never bother with that part. it is irrelevant anyway.

veteran
veteran
There is just a huge disconnect between the dialogue and the result, and it makes for a very disjointed and unpleasant experience. The dialogue suggests the community in the elven cave (at least, their blind leader) has vast amounts of sympathy and concern for Lohse's plight. Where as the attitude adjustment that occurs suggests the cave community very much hates Lohse. It's a senseless contradiction.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard