Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
tee Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Before, you can click enemy portraits to view to thier location.

But in the latest patch, if you left click on enemy potraits, you'll do a regular attack instead if ranger or run to enemy location to swing an attack if melee.

I prefer the old one, its more convenient and alot better to navigate the battlefield , especially in battles with alot of generic enemies with generic names: magister swordsman, magister archer..

Even if i meant to attack that target, i'd still prefer examining it surrounding first then plan the most effective attack if possible instead of throwing a regular attack.

veteran
veteran
If all you want is the location, you can still mouse over the enemy portrait and pan around to find them.

There is also seem to be an issue now where if you heal one of your ally, the portrait on the left side of your screen is up to date with the health bar, although the portrait on the top of your screen in the character rotation priority doesn't update itself until it is said healed character's turn.

M
stranger
stranger
M
You can rightclick portraits to examine them, right? Perhaps panning the camera to them could be one of the drop down options.

G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by Macro.Master
You can rightclick portraits to examine them, right? Perhaps panning the camera to them could be one of the drop down options.
Context menu everywhere and fiddle with camera like madman. Is that your ideal game looks like?
In the DOS1 first release you need press and release One key to explore enemy. Now its enhanced so you need about 15 mouse/key steps to do same. ouch

Left click on enemy portrait - attack. Its very handy for explosive battlefield with a lot of camera obstacles to have at least one reliable way of aiming. Its good move. Keep it! Crappy aiming was one of the problems in DOS1. A lot of dead people when enemy iddle animation made you missclick so toon walk thru lava instead of shoot.
** Can I ask for a favour? Mouse over enemy -> makes idle animation of that particular toon stop. Thanks. **

Right click on enemy portrait - camera focus. Same reasons as above.

Right click on enemy toon - a menu. Dont like menus in combat but what a heck, consoles has low number of keys right?

Bring back EASY examine enemy for PC.
Ctrl press down - show examine window
Ctrl release - hide examine window

Get noticed, Pillars of eternity has option to Examine window open automatically on mouse over.
Make it easy and usable, keep in mid, its game not accounting software.

Last edited by gGeo; 02/06/17 12:22 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard