Next Thread
Print Thread
#604561 31/05/17 08:43 PM
V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Currently in a play through in a 4 player multiplayer game as a Custom Elf. eating every body part in sight, yet I haven't obtained a single skill. Was at some point Corpse eater changed to where body parts are just a healing food? cause Atutsa no longer gave a skill and etc.

not really sure if its a bug or corpse eater is just % chance to get a skill. Anyone else notice anything with the talent?

enthusiast
enthusiast
I've had similar issues. I was able to get First Aid, Levitate, and Peace of Mind, but not Fortify or Frost Armor.

Before the latest patch, I was able to get all the skills every time, so it seems like a bug.

Last edited by LaughingLeader; 01/06/17 02:51 AM. Reason: Was able to get Frost Armour.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I haven't been able to get Fortify this patch either, I assumed it was removed from Atutsa.

I was still able to get Frost Armour, and they also added Adrenaline, via the murdered body on the starting ship.

I was still able to get the other abilities you mentioned too, just not Fortify. This was consistent for both of my latest playthroughs.

Last edited by error3; 01/06/17 01:44 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by error3
...and they also added Adrenaline, via the murdered body on the starting ship.

Oh good to know! I'll have to try to get Frost Armour again. Maybe I tried the wrong arm. Fortify from Atutsa definitely doesn't work.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by LaughingLeader

I'll have to try to get Frost Armour again. Maybe I tried the wrong arm. Fortify from Atutsa definitely doesn't work.

It's got a special name, "Saheila's Arm".

enthusiast
enthusiast
Ah, my bad. I just tested it now and I definitely got Armour of Frost. I forgot I usually don't kill Saheila since I feel bad, haha.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by LaughingLeader
Ah, my bad. I just tested it now and I definitely got Armour of Frost. I forgot I usually don't kill Saheila since I feel bad, haha.

I feel the same way. The problem is, now that I know, I feel bad missing out on such a great ability XD.

Corpse Eater is such a powerful racial skill, especially with the addition of Adrenaline to the list of free abilities.
Being able to have in particular Frost Armour, First Aid, and Adrenaline without even 1 point point investment in those skills is very helpful, and that doesn't even take into account the ridiculous amount of healing one receives from eating body parts compared to health potions.
The loss of Fortify is a shame, but Adrenaline is a superior replacement.
There's no build that isn't better with Adrenaline.

Elves hit the racial ability lottery with Corpse Eater and Flesh Sacrifice.

journeyman
journeyman

Elves hit the racial ability lottery with Corpse Eater and Flesh Sacrifice.

True, however my Favorite Race is still Lizards. The Firespell as well that you can dig up spots without an Shovel(even if you get it early) is so cool!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Where is first aid located?

enthusiast
enthusiast
First Aid - From the severed head in Elodi's possesion in the cave at x:217,y:89

Other locations listed in the post here:
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=602369#Post602372

Note that Fortify has been removed, and Adrenaline has been added to the murdered body in the new starting ship.

Last edited by error3; 01/06/17 09:55 PM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Being able to have in particular Frost Armour, First Aid, and Adrenaline without even 1 point point investment in those skills is very helpful.
There should be a downside I think. Perhaps add an extra AP if you've not invested in the relevant skill tree.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by lx07
Being able to have in particular Frost Armour, First Aid, and Adrenaline without even 1 point point investment in those skills is very helpful.
There should be a downside I think. Perhaps add an extra AP if you've not invested in the relevant skill tree.

It's just one skill from the tree. With investing just one point into that tree the player can learn every single skill in that tree.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kadajko

It's just one skill from the tree. With investing just one point into that tree the player can learn every single skill in that tree.

This is true, but you can get major utility from several trees and pool all those skill points you didn't have to spend there into your strongest passive instead.
When you compare this to other race's passives (E.g +1 Barter or +1 Persuasion) it is clearly much better.

Last edited by error3; 02/06/17 02:13 AM.
V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Ok, did another play through and yea. this time i got all the skills, except fortify which is fine. on other playthrough I had most the skills before eating the parts.

So far Corpse Eater is way stronger than some of the others racials. only humans encourage that scales with levels compares to elves later in.
I don't like the other races giving a single 1 point in civil abilities seems kinda meh and bland compared to how fun and interesting Corpse eater is.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Does it have to be your 'main' in order to get the benefit of corpse eater or is it any elf in the team?
Can only seem to get it when its the 'main'

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
Originally Posted by Dath
Does it have to be your 'main' in order to get the benefit of corpse eater or is it any elf in the team?
Can only seem to get it when its the 'main'

The elf that eats the corpse gets the skill.

D
stranger
stranger
D
If i do this without it being my main. So i recruit Sebille from Beach, she doesn't get them as i saved the limbs etc.

Bug or intended Larian?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Sebille was able to get corpse eater abilities for me. Were you trying to give her Atusa's arm? That no longer gives you Fortify like before.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Could be these things yes. Will test further.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I think Elves will get a racial nerf...the current ones are just stupidly strong.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard