Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2015
Location: Colorado
L
Labeled Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Joined: Jul 2015
Location: Colorado
I'm making a test map just learning how to use the editor and I've created a memory leak somehow. RAM usage just raises while doing nothing. It doesn't happen in other modules so I don't think it is the editor its self?

Is there anything I can do to find what has caused it?

Joined: Jul 2015
Location: Colorado
L
Labeled Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Joined: Jul 2015
Location: Colorado
I just tested it in-game, no memory leak. So it is something with the editor then.

Joined: Sep 2015
A
addict
Offline
addict
A
Joined: Sep 2015
I remember this issue from my early days but can't recall the concrete cause, but it was probably related to an object script. Have you written any in your module?


My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
Joined: Jul 2015
Location: Colorado
L
Labeled Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Joined: Jul 2015
Location: Colorado
the only script I had added so far was for a simple dialog.

It started after trying to place a destroyed ship into the map, but even after removing it the memory leak is still there.

Joined: Sep 2015
A
addict
Offline
addict
A
Joined: Sep 2015
I'd always go for scripts first, even small mistakes can lead to spectacular effects sometimes. Otherwise, try disabling other parts of the mod, added around the time of the ship placement, and see if anything changes. Hard to say what it could be.


My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
Joined: Dec 2016
Location: United States
member
Offline
member
Joined: Dec 2016
Location: United States
If you had deleted any creatures during your editor session, this would have been the cause. Restarting the editor remedies the issue.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5