Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Phi Offline
stranger
stranger
P
I believe a Nintendo Switch version is perfect when playing with friends, especially in the GM mode. it will be happier if we can play games like that face to face.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Phi
I believe a Nintendo Switch version is perfect when playing with friends, especially in the GM mode. it will be happier if we can play games like that face to face.

LOL! Good luck operating the GM mode on a switch. I think it would be impossible to do it efficiently even on a normal Xbox gamepad.

GMAddon1: Adds almost every single monster and NPC from the main campaign into GM mode, plus a few large custom maps to use in GM mode.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Just tried to play divinity original sin 2 with ps4 controller via USB on steam and doesn't seem to work. Obviously because the support for the controller will come later tonight with the release update?

~7 hours wait to go

Support
Support

Correct.
The controller support tag is shown on the store page due to the relevant setting (which Steam uses to generate tags) being enabled in order to set up and test controller support and the controller configuration.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Waltc
On GOG, much of the "cross platform" support is using Wine emulation and Boxer for the OS X and Linux game support . DOSbox is used for DOS support under Windows (I use DOSbox SVN-Daum myself under Win10x64.)

Whatever Larian used to build the Linux port for Divinity Original Sin, it works great.

My opinion is that if you like gaming enough to buy several games a year and play them then you definitely want to be on Windows--as well, you can dual-boot Windows natively on a Mac and Linux x86 PC, and so...it's not much of a problem.

You have to manage (and pay for) a complete additional operating system. The update process alone is a torture. I also need my Linux system online, also when playing in between.

I think creating an involved, complex game on Win32/x64 D3d/OpenGL/Vulkan (although the latter API is rather slowly growing) is enough of a job for any major developer--paying other companies to port the Windows version to other platforms later is not without its own set of problems--and extra expense.

I think Larian has already done a lot of this work, because they have ported the first part.

If you like games it seems foolish to punish yourself on a secondary gaming platform--just imo...;)

It's a matter of opinion. If it doesn't appear for Linux, I'll buy it for my PS4 as soon as it appears. I would rather play it on my Linux-PC. I'd buy more than one copy for Linux. Divinity Original Sin I often gave away. Co-op is big fun.

But let's see. I think Larian is very busy right now. Linux is only a small ecosystem with few users. If it's ported, it certainly won't be this year. I can wait.

P
Phi Offline
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter777

LOL! Good luck operating the GM mode on a switch. I think it would be impossible to do it efficiently even on a normal Xbox gamepad.

I trierd the GM mode but found it only support keyboard. I wonder weather the console version will have this mode or they will somehow add controller support in the future.
Actually we still don't know when there will be a console version or weather there will be a switch version. But I believe touch screen/motion control on switch is more convenient than normal controller in building dungeons.

Last edited by vometia; 15/09/17 02:50 AM. Reason: formatting
B
stranger
stranger
B
The Game Master mode needs some serious work. I'd like to see the roadmap on expansion plans for this as it is barely usable in its current form.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Can't see GM mode working on a console without using a keyboard.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Well, I praise Larian to the skies for developing and releasing D:OS2 as a PC game. If anything has to be compromised for consoles, the "port" will go the other way this time, and us PC gamers will have a A-list title with the controls and mod-ability of a made-for-PC game. Not to mention the possibilities with the Game Master mode. Those great old Infinity-engine RPG's are STILL being played for a reason. Larian gets it. Thank the gods! claphands

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard