Next Thread
Print Thread
Y
YOGZULA Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Y
Feels pretty bad if you don't have pet pal. It will follow you and then die 100% of the time and you can't prevent it from happening.

I think it would be best to revisit this cat and have it not die and just stay within the starting island so that when you have pet pal you can revisit it.

Part of explorational games that I've always loved is taking note as to where things are so I can go back later and interact with them in a way I couldn't originally. When the cat just dies, it takes away some of that magic and makes me feel like i've missed out on something

I know this is incredibly minor feedback, but I figured it's sensible enough and i'm not asking you to make sweeping game balance changes. Please and thank you!

I am almost positive the black cat has more significance that what we have seen thus far. Remember Arhu (sp?) in the first game appeared as a cat. And if you pet pal the cat gives you a couple clues that there is more than meets the eye going on, most likely amnesia of some kind.

My guess is that because this is EA and only ACT 1 - which does not have all the content implemented by the way - that perhaps there is a plot point revolving around the black cat that they did not want to reveal just yet. But either way we only have 8 more weeks until we will know for sure.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Yeah my cat died too. frown It's just go too troublesome trying to keep him alive. Why in the world the Crocs would leave combat with me, take a hit to run across the field just to kill my poor lil kitty cat is beyond me! I would have redone the battle but it seems it is destined to die if the game AI is going to do that. So I wiped a tear and moved on.

Hopefully they fix that later because I agree there is something more too it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The cat dying is annoying, but I had a worse instance where I was fighting the 2 thugs trying to get money from the elv at the entrance of Fort Joy (Where you find Ifan and Lohse).
And that fucking Ifan retard just shot a piercing arrow across the thugs also hitting Lohse, making her enter the combat and then I had to fight her, ...
I wish the AI would avoid hitting non involved NPCs when fighting in crowded areas.

apprentice
apprentice
YEAH, hitting non involved NPCs is a huge annoyance. I wish a talk down or surrender option was available to avoid situations in which a non initially hostile NPC you don't want to fight tries to engage you.

"You either die the hero or live to see yourself brought back in the sequel as an angsty magical terrorist."
-Serious brownie points if you get the character to whom I am referring.-
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Namea
YEAH, hitting non involved NPCs is a huge annoyance.
Especially when Ifan shoots Lohse before you've recruited either of them which happens on occasion.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I did have that happen also when I was in the cave and Lohse the seer. AoE splashed on to others and they turned against me. Luckily I laid Lohse out and they stopped.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard