Next Thread
Print Thread
#606925 01/08/17 03:32 PM
T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Will there be an option to change armour/weapon appearances?

May WE explore like Adventurers, roam like Raiders, live like Kings and Queens
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
You can craft any of the armour types which all look different.
Stats depend on the level of the armour, and crafted gear is the same level as you.

T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
I meant that if I like the stats on an armour but not the look, it'd be great if there is a npc that allows us to change the look on that particular armour with stats I fond.

S
S
I must admit this is absolutely must-have for a proper diversified role-playing unless the Devs make another ton or two of armour models.

Last edited by Sotnik; 03/08/17 02:05 PM.
T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Considering how rare top tier armours are, the looks are definitely restricted to a very finite number. And for people who have OCD, like me, might not be particularly comfortable with my ranger wearing a jester hat, soldier armour and winter boots whilst holding a bow.

apprentice
apprentice
I think this is a definite necessity unless the modding tools allow for custom assets and we get some armor mods akin to the way modders in the bethesda modding communities always have made. At the very least I'd like to be able to have a "vanity" slot or something to make sure we get the looks we want.

"You either die the hero or live to see yourself brought back in the sequel as an angsty magical terrorist."
-Serious brownie points if you get the character to whom I am referring.-
Namea #607067 05/08/17 08:18 AM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Namea
I think this is a definite necessity unless the modding tools allow for custom assets and we get some armor mods akin to the way modders in the bethesda modding communities always have made. At the very least I'd like to be able to have a "vanity" slot or something to make sure we get the looks we want.

It looks like it should be possible: I've already used Norbyte's tools to replace bits of armour with stuff I had in Ego Draconis to see if it works. It does, though obviously with limitations as I can't create entirely new pieces of armour without full modding support. But existing meshes and textures can be replaced.

J'aime le fromage.
T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
I thought this would be "pretty basic" as uniqueness is one of the very factors that we seek in a RPG game. Hopefully they do implement this!!!

L
stranger
stranger
L
I'd like to see this option in game. I'm not sure if this was suggested or if this is planned to be implemented but something like hairdresser would be nice too. Like the one in Witcher 2, where you could change hair types by visiting special npc.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by LordGryphon
I'd like to see this option in game. I'm not sure if this was suggested or if this is planned to be implemented but something like hairdresser would be nice too. Like the one in Witcher 2, where you could change hair types by visiting special npc.

I'd be surprised if it's not there as that feature was present in (at least) Divinity 2 and D:OS.

J'aime le fromage.
T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Now all we need is the attention from Larian on this thread and we are good!! Spread the word!

H
stranger
stranger
H
They are reading every thread, but don't have time to reply to everyone.

T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
WAIT, are you serious? I know we could change the hair styles in the first one, but armour appearance?????!!!!

journeyman
journeyman
It would also be nice to dye stuff. You could craft your own colors and change the soloration of your armor, like in GW2 smile

Lynoa #610435 13/09/17 07:15 PM
T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
I sent Larian an e-mail, no reply frown

veteran
veteran
There are dyes in game?

A
A
There are dyes in the game... they showed using red dye on poisoned potions to make it look like health potions.. so red is at least a dye color.

T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Hhhhmmm....I think those dyes are for crafting, not for changing colours...

H
stranger
stranger
H
Is this added in game yet? I'm thinking about buying this game, so this is very important for me.

I would prefer to have mechanic like in diablo 3 - there you can use armour appearances of all armour that you previously found.

I think this is not hard to implement, but this provides uniques look to each player, so each player can play it's own role.

Last edited by Hronom; 18/09/17 12:42 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard