Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bukke Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Is there a way to somehow disable newly picked up potions, scrolls and arrows from automatically appearing on the ability bar?
I haven't been able to find any option to disable this feature, but I hope that I somehow have missed it. It's easily one of my biggest gripes about the game in its current state since it requires me to rearrange my ability bar after almost every single battle or vendor visit.
Apparently this feature has been in the (EA) game for so long that I now have to question if it's going to be like this in the final release as well.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Yeah I dislike it too.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
+1.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Check the mods subforum around here - someone made a mod for exactly that.

Last edited by TraceChaos; 09/08/17 06:30 PM.
Bukke Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by TraceChaos
Check the mods subforum around here - someone made a mod for exactly that.

Seems like a band-aid solution in my opinion. If it's simple enough for a user to create a mod that solves the problem it should also be possible for Larian to put the resources into it.

I'll use the mod if the feature hasn't been added by the time of the game's release, but mind you that not everyone has access to or is willing to use mods for various reasons. Considering how simple it (seemingly) is to fix the problem that severely diminishes the quality of the game I personally don't see a reason not to make it a core feature.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Well, that's the thing? You say it's simple to fix a 'severe' issue... I say it's a non-issue. It takes like a second to rearrange your entire bar, and it's not any kind of big deal that the potion of flamesplosions and acid or whatever I just picked up got added to my hotbar, because it's at the very end. A mod exists because it clearly wasn't a huge deal enough for Larian to mess with it, but a player with know-how made it because they thought it was.

Nothing more or less thant hat. It's only an issue for some people.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by HombreFelipe
Yeah I dislike it too.

Same: it's one of those mildly but frequently irritating QoL things that I'd quite like to see the back of.

J'aime le fromage.
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I actually like the fact they do this. Makes it way more convenient and in GM mode, after you add an item to a monster's inventory, it's already on the quick bar when you possess it.

GMAddon1: Adds almost every single monster and NPC from the main campaign into GM mode, plus a few large custom maps to use in GM mode.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard