Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
cae37 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Will we be able to do so? I only ask b/c originally you could only do this by opening up several instances of the game and individually customizing each character in each instance.

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
Likely you can choose Pre script build (start skills) for each of the main characters you wish to recruit.
Other then that what more do you need? I personally did not feel like one need to maximize the maximum potential of a character to play this game.

For instance I completed Act one with 2 melee and 2 mages which many people would consider unwise (CC wise)

Originally Posted by Wouter445
Likely you can choose Pre script build (start skills) for each of the main characters you wish to recruit.
Other then that what more do you need? I personally did not feel like one need to maximize the maximum potential of a character to play this game.

But maybe they do? Your fun doesn't have to equal his fun.

Here is a post that can help OP customize the entire party I wrote out for someone else.

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
Originally Posted by Concarne

Here is a post that can help OP customize the entire party I wrote out for someone else.

If one get happy by one more Attribute of STR to get a 1% dps Improvement I guessing you missing the point why the devs made it a open class type of video game.

old hand
old hand

If one get happy by one more Attribute of STR to get a 1% dps Improvement I guessing you missing the point why the devs made it a open class type of video game.

You get only a limited amount of points to spend. That is most important for talents.

For example, if you choose Ranger as starting class, you get Arrow Recovery as talent. The next talent point is at level 4. If you like the talent, fine. If you think it is nonsense (like me), you are bound to it nevertheless.

I would like to know wether you will be able to customize. I don't care wether it is at the beginning or after Act 1. If you cannot redeploy all points (talents above all) after Act 1, I would never choose Ranger as starting "class" for my companion ranger, but a different.

Not starting as Ranger as ranger is a bit strange, but better. You see the problem?

cae37 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice

For instance I completed Act one with 2 melee and 2 mages which many people would consider unwise (CC wise)

I'm not trying to min/max the game, I just want to customize my party to work around what I'd like to try out.

I'd also like to customize my party's appearance. I like the original designs but some tweaking would be awesome.

cae37 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice

Yeah I know about this workaround, though I still feel it's a pain to go through when the devs could just let us customize our parties from the get go.

Thanks for the link though!

Last edited by cae37; 25/08/17 02:34 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard