Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rafoca Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I know in Divinity 1 you join a friend's game and can only take control of his own characters. Does Divinity 2 changed that somehow? I know it would be hard, but I'm curious.

Thanks

Last edited by Rafoca; 26/08/17 04:46 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
No, coop still works the same as in DOS.

[Insert something funny here]
Rafoca Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Thanks, mate

A
A
You can make your own character if you start the game with them however... if you join your friends game while he/she is making a character you can make one too which will then be a part of his game (and thus you could use it when you play with him)

Last edited by Adrianna; 27/08/17 03:42 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by kcnik
No, coop still works the same as in DOS.

Are you sure about that? D:OS was a two player game, this is a four player game, and you only create your main character at the beginning instead of two character. I'm pretty sure everybody will be able to customize their character...

A
A
You can... if you join your friends game as they are making their character you will also get the character creation screen and can also make your character at the same time as they do.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Myself and two others bought this game on the premise of "drop-in, drop-out" co-op with friends. It's a total detriment to the game not have the ability to continue on our own and just pick up where the least progressed player is in the campaign.. We should be able to play support characters in their game regardless of how far we are individually.

Total shame that we have to set up an exact play time to even try the co-op aspect, being a father of two and having varying work schedules between our friends makes this "co-op" feature a complete blunder.

Support
Support

The game keeps track of the relationship between party members, as well as party members and NPCs, the character origin, race and tags can affect quest and dialogue progression, and choices made can impact future progression. In general, there are also multiple ways to complete quests, which can influence later related quests.
It is not feasible to swap characters between different playthroughs.

enthusiast
enthusiast
It's clear that people don't -care- that the game tracks a ton of variables, they just want to be able to get THEIR character made ridiculously OP and then be OP in their friend's world and either help them or troll them.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard