Next Thread
Print Thread
#608378 31/08/17 04:58 PM
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
First of all, haven't had the time to start EA and probably won't happen till the release, but have to mention that how the few annoyance below were enough to put me off starting DOS:EE over and would be disappointed in case it carries over to DOS2.

- The AI in the debut was badly designed, f.i even I had the immunity to X status, the enemy was insistently keeping spamming same spell to me without any second thought involved.
- Talents were horribly unbalanced, let's admit it - talents were rushed. Only handful of them were to be practical and the rest was pointless. And then there were the OP ones like Zombie & Leech, hell of a game-changer combination, to a degree that it was almost stupid not to take it.
- Item generation was problematic in so many ways. In my co-op games, we have encountered way too often times 'two-handed weapons' generated - especially two-handed swords, at an absurd level.
- Weapon mods. And then there were weapon affixes such as +X to one-handed weapon spawning on a two-handed weapon or vice versa. Needless to say, this wouldn't make any sense even to a hybrid class whereas the character is focused to be only using a one weapon type at a time throughout the season eventually.

Hope these won't have occurred in the next brilliant game such as DOS2 and I mean it!

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by BrecMadak; 31/08/17 05:31 PM.
A
A
The ai is vastly improved in DOS 2 to the point where if you have a squishy low health character they will target it first and try to get rid of it quickly.. they will also use heals on you if you have the zombie trait or are affected by decay.

I think its too early to say anything about the rest as we only have act 1 in the early access.

Last edited by Adrianna; 01/09/17 01:11 AM.
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Well, I remember that the AI prioritizes the most squishy character in DOS as well, most of the time. I'm very sure we had those moments already. The ones I listed were game breaking flaws after all, therefore precaution should be taken beforehand.

A
A
The ai seems to work better as a group... combinding skills together from multiple people and using the environment to their advantage.. such as targeting oil barrels near you if that would be better than attacking you directly.

they also observe what buffs you have on you and wont use skills that would have no effect and would first try to remove the buff if possible.

they are definitely smarter.... not perfect it still makes mistakes.. but much smarter than the first.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Adrianna
The ai is vastly improved in DOS 2 to the point where if you have a squishy low health character they will target it first and try to get rid of it quickly.. they will also use heals on you if you have the zombie trait or are affected by decay.

I think its too early to say anything about the rest as we only have act 1 in the early access.

Which they really should not be able to do immediately.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard