Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Kresky #608695 01/09/17 09:50 PM
stranger
stranger
I for one am not too bothered with blessed costing a source point. Beyond Act 1 it'll be much easier to get source (source vampirism >:D) and I assume they'll tone down the use of cursed surfaces a bit smile
Also, this probably means curse would also cost a SP, so don't worry

I think we did it guys... The worm's dead.
Kresky #608698 01/09/17 10:06 PM
S
veteran
veteran
S
im a fan of the changes to bless, it always felt way too powerfull in my eyes

Alanta #608702 01/09/17 10:31 PM
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
I'm happy with all those changes.

Skin Graft should have been a source skill from the beginning; limiting usage by source points makes more sense than "one per encounter".

Bless is very strong in the sense that it converts a surface, regardless of its size, to something that does the opposite. All skills to create cursed surfaces in EA also require source points. I think it's only fair if it's a source skill as well.

I'm not a fan of stunning going through an intermediate status. Water is fairly weak on its own, what's good about it are combos with air. If we need to do through extra steps it might not compare favorably to fire or earth.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by LostSoul
In the vid (1:49:37) Bless now requires a source point.
I appreciate playing Arena surfaces gets changed a lot with Bless!
But that is also part of the strategy.
Necessary change for play balance?? Im not sure (related to Undead being harmed by blessed surfaces, I sense an Undead conspiracy)

I think what that part implies is that its a source skill NOT that it requires a source point. People seem to forget that Bless is already a source skill since you cannot use it with the collar on. I can almost guarantee it doesn't require a source point since there are multiple parts in the game where you need to use it outside of combat.

That being said, I hope they made Source Vampirism not tied to an item with limited uses like it is right now.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by BraccusaurusRex
Originally Posted by LostSoul
In the vid (1:49:37) Bless now requires a source point.
I appreciate playing Arena surfaces gets changed a lot with Bless!
But that is also part of the strategy.
Necessary change for play balance?? Im not sure (related to Undead being harmed by blessed surfaces, I sense an Undead conspiracy)

I think what that part implies is that its a source skill NOT that it requires a source point. People seem to forget that Bless is already a source skill since you cannot use it with the collar on. I can almost guarantee it doesn't require a source point since there are multiple parts in the game where you need to use it outside of combat.

That being said, I hope they made Source Vampirism not tied to an item with limited uses like it is right now.

Based on the Gamescom video it does indeed seem like it's going to be require one source point to cast Bless. At 5:10 in the video Swen demonstrates the bless ability by having Sebille cast it on a fire surface. Sebille's source point is immediately consumed afterwards. You also see the one source point requirement next to the AP requirement on the tooltip.

Bukke #608819 02/09/17 01:53 PM
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
If thats the case, then nvm. Would be great if it didn't require a source point outside of combat but idk how that would work.

Kresky #608822 02/09/17 02:15 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm also a bit skeptical towards the change but I'll have to wait and see until I get to try it out myself. Keep in mind that there's going to be multiple alternate ways to obtain source in the full game.

Kresky #608833 02/09/17 05:57 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Maybe the sacred surface are stronger than we have in the EA, maybe bless itself makes you much more powerful than what we have at the time.

Originally Posted by BraccusaurusRex
If thats the case, then nvm. Would be great if it didn't require a source point outside of combat but idk how that would work.

That's what I was thinking, not require one outside of combat or maybe modify quests that needed it. If we noticed this pretty easily it'd be hard for internal testers not to, so I think it'll balanced for release.

Last edited by Nightmarian; 02/09/17 11:17 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard