Print Thread
L
addict
OP Offline
addict
L
Don't think this has been asked...
On youtube vid Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Combat Spotlight
2 characters have a max of 1 source point, the other 2 in the party can have a max of 3 pts.
Is this characters specific? Race? New talent required?

3 is the max. But you can have 0-3 depending on how much source you have absorbed.

The characters you see don't have a max of 1, just that they currently only have 1. Source is a scarce combat resource that doesnt passively refill like armor after combat, or that regenerates each turn in combat like AP. You must go out and take source from others or find rare pools of it on the ground.

journeyman
journeyman
On that note... I hope that it is a bit "easier" to find in the full release. I played through the alpha and left few stones unturned, but only found a few places to gain source. And the one where there was a ton to be had, consuming it would be at the detriment of being able to complete other optional quests and learn more in-game.

Don't like the idea of a bunch of great abilities which I basically can't use because I can't find source. Or, that I can use, but only very infrequently. Creates a significant disincentive to invest in those higher level abilities.

A
A
Originally Posted by michaelgalt1984
On that note... I hope that it is a bit "easier" to find in the full release. I played through the alpha and left few stones unturned, but only found a few places to gain source. And the one where there was a ton to be had, consuming it would be at the detriment of being able to complete other optional quests and learn more in-game.

Don't like the idea of a bunch of great abilities which I basically can't use because I can't find source. Or, that I can use, but only very infrequently. Creates a significant disincentive to invest in those higher level abilities.

for "good" players this will remain true.. however evil aligned players will be able to steal source from dead bodies making it much more common past act 2.

veteran
veteran
During the late phase of the EA they pretty much removed most of the Source sources, so it is not surprising, that there were hardly any found. Regarding the fact that all higher spells need source, it can't be too scarce, at least I hope so. Forcing people to do evil deads just get enough source won't be really appealing.

Stealing souls and evil deeds are the easiest ways to obtain source, swen has said this in the videos. However, there are consequences. We don't know what those consequences will be yet, we just know they exist.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard