Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
When turning off the info box (bottom-right corner of the screen) in DOS:EE, it stays off for the duration of that loaded session, but it reappears every time that a game is loaded - this means with every quickload, and also with every full load. As a result the info box is needed to be re-hid each time a game is loaded, which I have to say is very frustrating.

Could this please be fixed so that when a game is saved with the info box hidden, that it also starts hidden when that save is loaded?

Also, an option to turn off the floating text that appears while characters are talking would be great to have.

Last edited by Delicieuxz; 09/09/17 03:31 AM.
Support
Support

Another update seems unlikely.

As a workaround, if you uncheck all the categories, minimize the window size, move it to the top right corner behind the mini-map, then click the 'Allow clicking through log window' icon, only the small lock and eye icons will be visible (barely noticeable) in the corner. The background of the box will only show up if you mouse over the mini-map (or close to it) on the left side, not from the bottom.
You can not move it permanently to the very top of the screen/window (reloading will move it down so it doesn't get much higher than the top of the Log and Game Menu buttons, but it will still be mostly out of the way and usually invisible.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Raze

Another update seems unlikely.

That would be unfortunate. The info box also reappears every time a teleporter is used that involves loading a different zone, such as going to the End of Time from Cyseal, and going back to Cyseal from the End of Time. It's a bit frustrating to continually have to close the info box while playing. It seems to me like it must be a bug.

Another issue that I'm running into is that right-clicking on objects to bring up the interaction menu is causing the menu to appear far off to the right, and downward from where the item is and where I'm clicking.

See these screenshots for examples (the mouse cursor doesn't show up in the screenshots):

In this picture I'm right-clicking on the shovel.
[Linked Image]

In this picture, I'm right-clicking on the brown book.
[Linked Image]

This happens with items not only in my inventory, but also with items that I find in containers in the world, and sometimes with items not in containers, but on shelves and such.

It has not occurred 100% of the time that I've called up the right-click menu, but it has occurred about 98% of the time.

I don't know if it has to do with using the in-game UI rescaling option, and setting it to the smallest setting.

I hope that these two things can be patched in an update. I image they would take a very small amount of time to fix for one of Larian's programmers.

D
OP Offline
D
I've run into another configuration that doesn't remember its setting between loads: The logbooks "filter completed" option. It remembers its setting when going through loading zones with the game, but it resets each time a saved game is loaded.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard