Print Thread
#609740 09/09/17 08:56 PM
H
Hessen Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
For the life of me, I've tried several different builds and I always go for the high ground, but I can't get an archer to do remotely decent damage.

Where am I going wrong?

Any help or tips would be much appreciated!

Hessen #609752 09/09/17 10:20 PM
V
apprentice
apprentice
V
I don't really know what to say. My friend played an archer in our last play and he was doing insane damage.
I know he only took Finess as attribute (he had 32 at the end) and he took ranger combat skill, and only that.

I also assume that a ranger dmg comes a lot from his bow, so are you using a bow that fit your level ?

Hessen #609757 09/09/17 11:42 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Hessen
For the life of me, I've tried several different builds and I always go for the high ground, but I can't get an archer to do remotely decent damage.

Where am I going wrong?

As mentioned above, I think this is one of those spec where you have to really focus on one thing. Finesse for stat and Huntsman for spec.

I have never been a fan of archers so I can't really tell for sure, but if you have 28+ finesse and 6+ Huntsman with a decent weapon for your level you should do damages.
Maybe a few points in warfare to reduce armor?

Otherwise what are your damages and what level are you, what are the stats of your weapon?

Hessen #609795 10/09/17 07:17 AM
apprentice
apprentice
He's not like the rogue, but mine does decent. Getting the self-teleport helps a lot with high-ground, as well as having teleport spell/gloves to put the mobs down below you.

I have AP issues more than anything with him, but I think they're making crossbows 1 AP point cheaper to fire on release.

Hessen #609968 11/09/17 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Hessen

Where am I going wrong?

Probably not keeping your weapons level in line with your character. I used to think that 2 level difference was ok, but there are some steep difficulty curves so I would suggest trying to keep your weapons within 1 level of your character's level. Also a crossbow uses 3 AP which makes them pointless, a bow is almost always the better choice in EA [on release Xbows are 2AP with less range but more accuracy than a bow which has more range and less accuracy]

To further help you we would need more information on your build and stat allocation and talents. I have built monster rangers with just one point into huntsman. It all depends on how you want to play.

Hessen #609975 11/09/17 03:01 PM
veteran
veteran
Crossbow are better for using them with skills, because higher base damage. Bows are better for using them with normal attacks.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard