Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Has Larian announced any release changes besides the Undead race?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Not sure if there any any specific you expect but yeah there a plenty like:
- Adrenaline gives 2 ap in the current turn but removes 2 in the next one.
- Teleport has had its ranged reduce and cost increased to 2 ap.
- Bless now costs a source point.
- Executioner only procs once per turn.
- Certain spells have a higher minimum requirement (in terms of skills spec)
- Skill crafting (although it's more crosspath skills than skill crafting but it's cool anyway)

And not everything has been announced and I am probably forgetting a lot so... Anything specific in your mind?

old hand
old hand
Yup, lots of changes. Deadknight mentioned the most important.

Some others, many only from hearsay or watching Larian videos:
- possibly attributes don't give armor or similar second boni any longer
- Skin Graft from Polymorph is a source skill
- elf racial costs 1 ap next turn
- new skill for custom chars, a protection skill which restores armor, Time Warp is then the source skill of the undead (or just of Fane?)
- new talent Unstable, lets you explode at death and deal damage according to your vitality
- you can see the ghosts of the dead and speak to them with Spirit Vision (and steal their souls as source)
- seemingly some prices changed, f.e. much higher cost for resurrection scrolls (don't like it)
- you can find and can craft runes for improving items
- ok, I forgot: voice acting, and fortunately: some sliders to get rid of voice acting

Last edited by geala; 10/09/17 06:35 AM.
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I was mostly interested in any changes to the progression systems. I haven't felt like the choices are very interesting atm.

D
stranger
stranger
D
"Bless now costs a source point."

Seriously??

Guess I'm going back to never using a source skill.

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Originally Posted by Damon

Seriously??

This can't be true. Who will even bother to finish the flaming pigs quest?

There are some things that needed nerfing, but honestly I'm feeling like a bunch of these balance changes are really unnecessary.

I wish they didn't keep parity between the Arena mode and campaign, it seems to me they are trading balance in arena for fun in campaign.

Originally Posted by Zealer
Originally Posted by Damon

Seriously??

This can't be true. Who will even bother to finish the flaming pigs quest?

There are some things that needed nerfing, but honestly I'm feeling like a bunch of these balance changes are really unnecessary.

I wish they didn't keep parity between the Arena mode and campaign, it seems to me they are trading balance in arena for fun in campaign.

Logically one would assume that this obvious issue has been addressed, i.e. the quest has been modified to account for this.

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Originally Posted by Nightmarian
Logically one would assume that this obvious issue has been addressed, i.e. the quest has been modified to account for this.
Hopefully, but unless there are easier ways to get source it's still a bad idea IMO. Don't think I'll be using it in any battle instead of any other source skill. No way to know without seeing the other changes they made.

veteran
veteran
I don't belive the progression system got much improved, the attributes got more likely even more dumbed down.

old hand
old hand
It would be nice if Bless did not cost a source point out of combat. My most use of it honestly was for removing annoying surfaces when running around.

journeyman
journeyman
Well, there was a pretty fair share of complaints about the size of surfaces and duration of effects, so hopefully that will become less necessary. I read somewhere that the surfaces are going to be made smaller in general... I hope that the effect duration gets reduced as well... or will have to look for a mod to do that. It's just really excessive in the EA. I played DOS 1, and felt like the surfaces and durations were fine. Here, while it can be convenient to use them to cheez, the reality is that they just went overboard. Half of the time in combat, I'm just stuck clearing surfaces or clouds, and then spend who knows how long after combat trying to make it safe to travel through the battlefield.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard