Print Thread
#609875 10/09/17 09:11 PM
D
defjam Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
i played this first time last night for about 5 hours (wow).
i noticed crafting is either not working or its limited am i correct? another question - would i have to re-download the game once it hits retail? i did mine thru steam?

thanks in advance.

journeyman
journeyman
Crafting is quite limited in EA, they implemented most of it after the build we have available.

You'll have to download a massive patch when the game hits retail as there is full voice acting and the other 75% of the game content still coming.

Save files also won't be compatible, so you will have to start a new game after Thursday.

D
defjam Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
ok - thanks for the reply - i kinda figured the saved files will be wiped and i'll have to start from scratch.

theere are a few issues i hope to see resolved too but i'll wait till after thurs? biggest one i like to see is be able to see whhere the mission icon does actaully display on the map so i know where im going or supposed to go.
there's a couple of combat issues but like i said i'm gonna wait to ask crap tons more questions after thurs.

so far i liked it - btw, its fun playing while being hammered drinking rum & coke for 5 hours last night (had about 10 drinks last night - lol)...

A
A
Originally Posted by defjam
ok - thanks for the reply - i kinda figured the saved files will be wiped and i'll have to start from scratch.

theere are a few issues i hope to see resolved too but i'll wait till after thurs? biggest one i like to see is be able to see whhere the mission icon does actaully display on the map so i know where im going or supposed to go.
there's a couple of combat issues but like i said i'm gonna wait to ask crap tons more questions after thurs.

so far i liked it - btw, its fun playing while being hammered drinking rum & coke for 5 hours last night (had about 10 drinks last night - lol)...

Its not supposed to show you where to go on the map your supposed to listen to the npcs and pay attention to what they tell you to find out.

there are multiple ways out of the prison.. its up to you to find a way out.. thats the point.

D
defjam Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
yeah, for me i'm deaf so voice acting doesn't really help me. I do read mission text (journal) for help also.

journeyman
journeyman
They never had mission icons in the first game, so not likely to have them in this game either. It's considered too much "hand holding" for a hard-core RPG.

The dialog and journal entries should contain place names and/or names of people, you just have to go looking.

A number of combat things are going to change on release, but the fundamental mechanics are going to stay the same obviously. (Notable changes, from memory: slightly less surface spread so everything doesn't instantly turn into an explosive or toxic wasteland, some new skills, stunned and frozen can only be applied if shocked or chilled to begin with, and a whole bunch of balance improvements.)

old hand
old hand
There are some location markers in the EA (the yellow pins) which lead you to important places. It's especially helpful in the swamp after you left Fort Joy prison. I hope they don't change it in the release.

Zec Offline
Originally Posted by defjam
i played this first time last night for about 5 hours (wow).
i noticed crafting is either not working or its limited am i correct? another question - would i have to re-download the game once it hits retail? i did mine thru steam?

thanks in advance.

You played only 5 hours? tsk tsk tsk lazy man.
(I have about 350+ hours of first one rpg003 trust me IF you like RPG`s you will sink much more then 5h) but yea my advice is do not play it until is released. I think best impression you get when you dont know jack about things to come.

made in Betanija
old hand
old hand
You have 350 hours in the EA? jawdrop Or do you mean DOS?

veteran
veteran
He is talking about the first one. I myself accumulated nearly 80 hours in EA somehow though.

Zec Offline
Originally Posted by geala
You have 350 hours in the EA? jawdrop Or do you mean DOS?

First one, I avoided playing ea after I tried it out but I did counted seconds until this one is out.

made in Betanija
old hand
old hand
Ok, I see. Perhaps a wise decision. I allegedly had 156 hours in the EA, I tried a lot (did not play the first game). But Steam also tells me that I played Warhammer: Total War longer than Attila, which is nonsense. So, who knows. hahaha

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard