Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I am interested in lone wolf with my brother on release so we are enjoying another play through with the EA. We might try hardcore once we finish the story on highest difficulty so I want to make sure I don't die to something like this.
We played yesterday when my character killed a silent monk and took 82 fire damage for killing him from an unknown fire source, which killed him. I was currently raged so that amped up the damage but from what? My weapon does poison damage. Can anyone see what happens? Thanks

Will upload on YouTube later off work but you can see the clip here off my PlaysTV
https://plays.tv/s/LQPJ1OH0eF_I

veteran
veteran
You attacked dealing poison damage. There was some kind of fire around there, at least the table looks like he is on fire. The poison somehow interacted with fire and caused an explosion, my guess, and because you were enraged, you resistances were lowered, causing you do get even more fire damage.

tee Offline
journeyman
journeyman
the silent monks fighting with Kniles Flenser explode when they die and because you had enrage, you received a lot of damage.

Originally Posted by tee
the silent monks fighting with Kniles Flenser explode when they die and because you had enrage, you received a lot of damage.

This is the reason. You were enraged -100% resist all. So you take double damage from all magic/surfaces. You killed the monk with poison type weapon which creates a poison surface. The monk dies and explodes causing high damage to you, then causes a secondary explosion with the poison surface which causes more damage to you, all the while you are taking double damage from everything. So you basically committed suicide by enraged hugging.

veteran
veteran
I see, seems I haven't played EA since they got so explosive. laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
I see, seems I haven't played EA since they got so explosive. laugh

Me neither, ... Although I am fairly sure I had played only the later version.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Great guys thanks for the explanation. I thought it might have something to do with a death explosion mechanic. I was hoping they would log some of these things in the combat chat log, maybe down the road.
Thank you all I hope I survive better when the game is out

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard