Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 21 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 20 21
F
stranger
stranger
F
No, I have not been contacted by email or anything else despite my package is still delayed.

No, I have not been answered after contacting the support of Larian Studios.

So now what happens?

I am sure this Michael_Larian is quite a troll.

Last edited by Feuloup; 21/09/17 11:51 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Feuloup
No, I have not been contacted by email or anything else despite my package is still delayed.

No, I have not been answered after contacting the support of Larian Studios.

So now what happens?

I am sure this Michael_Larian is quite a troll.

Pretty sure he is. He does not have a Larian Logo with his profile.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Stratop
Pretty sure he is. He does not have a Larian Logo with his profile.

He's the real deal: he is after all an admin here...

Edit: just checked out the default forum skin (I usually use the D2 one) and I see the problem with identifying people. Anyway, he's here to help, even if it appears things are still a little awry.

Last edited by vometia; 21/09/17 01:00 PM.

J'aime le fromage.
F
stranger
stranger
F
An admin? Here? With Only 2 posts for now? And no logo on his avatar? And register since Yesterday? Without telling about his sources? Giving informations which should have been given by the communication team of Larian? Without any signature or anything to give him some tangibility to speak to the comunity?

You can compare his posts and mine... And I can assure you I am not an admin, neither someone working for Larian, neither someone who has information from Larian, nor I received the CE package.

Am I this upset?
Yes, I am!

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Yeah, I can see now that it's less obvious than it could be: I've raised the matter in the admin forum. I guarantee he's one of the Larian guys though and they're usually very helpful but seem to be slightly snowed under at the moment.

I do sympathise, though: I think I would be feeling somewhat frayed around the edges by now too...

Last edited by vometia; 21/09/17 01:04 PM.

J'aime le fromage.
journeyman
journeyman
Red name is admin no ?

My signed collector bike ; )
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by BoTToX
Red name is admin no ?

It's both admin and regular users on the default skin with its rather 1980s red-white-and-black colour scheme. Which is another reason everybody should use the old Divinity 2 skin, it's much nicer!

Nice car you have in the background of your sig there. biggrin Hetzer?

Last edited by vometia; 21/09/17 01:17 PM.

J'aime le fromage.
journeyman
journeyman
Yes Hetzer lost in Swiss mountain (46.713672, 6.418081 on google map smile

My signed collector bike ; )
S
stranger
stranger
S
To add to the whole Happyshops fiasco, with hope Larian will NEVER use these dumb f**** again.

I got the parcel number by the 14th...since then, no sign of any activity with the carrier. I decided to send them an email by the 20th. The day after I did that, miracle!!!! Happyshops FINALLY handled the parcel to GLS.

Short story: had I not sent an email to those Happyshops idiots, the parcel wouldn't have moved at all.

GLS is sadly notorious for their poor services, but Happyshops beat them easily here. With hope Larian, a respected studio, will never ever use these guys again.

I advise anyone who didn't get news yet from their shipment to send asap, an email to Happyshops and maybe Larian, as a copy of the said email

edit: after a bit of reading, it seems Larian is at fault here...doesn't change the outcome... terrible, just terrible ! I might reconsider any future purchase

Last edited by Seibzz; 21/09/17 01:37 PM.
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Seibzz,

I agree that DHL and Happy Shops are terrible. I would never use DHL and if any company I deal with in the future does, I will reconsider that purchase.

I also agree that Larian has some blame here, here are the thoughts I posted on the kickstarter page:

So apparently Larian used a shipping option that did not include end to end tracking, see response from DHL:

"Please note that this particular shipping option that was selected by the merchant does not include Extended End to End Tracking. This means that this shipment does not provide full visibility of each movement of the package as it moves through the shipping process.

Also, if you paid to receive your item by a Guaranteed Delivery Date and that date has already gone by, you will need to discuss this with the merchant (sender). Thank you Christopher."

This along with the delayed responses from Larian and the lack of action, it appears Larian is no different than any other company. Got their money, skip on costs even if it hurts fans and fail to respond. When they do respond we get, There were issues. YEAH NO CRAP WE KNEW THAT. Welcome to the heap of companies that dont seem to care about its fans when it comes down to it Larian.

I appreciate your Kickstarter campaign up until this point. Hope the game is good and this better be one hell of a CE when it arrives. But as far as considering you any different than other companies, I wont make that mistake again.

Originally Posted by Seibzz
To add to the whole Happyshops fiasco, with hope Larian will NEVER use these dumb f**** again.

I got the parcel number by the 14th...since then, no sign of any activity with the carrier. I decided to send them an email by the 20th. The day after I did that, miracle!!!! Happyshops FINALLY handled the parcel to GLS.

Short story: had I not sent an email to those Happyshops idiots, the parcel wouldn't have moved at all.

GLS is sadly notorious for their poor services, but Happyshops beat them easily here. With hope Larian, a respected studio, will never ever use these guys again.

I advise anyone who didn't get news yet from their shipment to send asap, an email to Happyshops and maybe Larian, as a copy of the said email

edit: after a bit of reading, it seems Larian is at fault here...doesn't change the outcome... terrible, just terrible ! I might reconsider any future purchase

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
BTW Want to say that I did get an update today. So the CE has arrived in the US. Took 7 days to get an update and for it to make it to the states. Ridiculous.

I was told it should arrive before Oct. 5th. Which is also STUPID RIDICULOUS. I could put it on a damn horse and it would make it here in less time.

Originally Posted by Townsendvol
"Please note that this particular shipping option that was selected by the merchant does not include Extended End to End Tracking. This means that this shipment does not provide full visibility of each movement of the package as it moves through the shipping process.

Also, if you paid to receive your item by a Guaranteed Delivery Date and that date has already gone by, you will need to discuss this with the merchant (sender). Thank you Christopher."

Well, Larian contracted HappyShops, but the question is, who is the one who contracted DHL for the shipments... was that HappyShops or Larian? In other words, for DHL, which of the two is the 'merchant'?

That *does* explain why it takes so long to receive any useful updates on the tracking page. So this basically confirms that the tracking page is mostly useless.

Last edited by The Centaur; 21/09/17 02:01 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Seibzz,

[/quote]

your post pretty much sums up my feelings...can't say this is a pleasing thought.

I didn't go into details in the original post but in all honesty, I do NOT need the CE now. It's a fan purchase, I have a lot of work, a lot of games (100+ games backlog) but I would appreciate, when I pay something and it's late, to receive some update at the very least! An email about a week delay, two, one month? I don't care as long as I know about it.

This is f****ng communication for god's sake! Get your sh*** together Larian and DO inform your customers AND supporters, because next time, they might just skip your game.

lesson learned?

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by The Centaur
Well, Larian contracted HappyShops, but the question is, who is the one who contracted DHL for the shipments... was that HappyShops or Larian? In other words, for DHL, which of the two is the 'merchant'?

If I had to hazard a guess, Happy Shops would've arranged that: I thought the point would've been that they dealt with all the logistics of getting the packages shipped, otherwise why involve them at all? I could be wrong, though.

The trouble is there's few really good shipping companies, if any, though even with low expectations DHL aren't great, particularly with tracking information. Says a lot that I can get much more complete and up-to-date information from third party companies than DHL itself.

J'aime le fromage.
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
I am not sure but man DHL and Happyshops both suck so hard.

I love Larian I really do, I think they made a terrible mistake contracting with HappyShops and were too slow to respond to concerns.

They should have ensured things were going ok and the shipments were to backers by the 15th. Thats my opinion.

BTW Swen has replied to me a few times on twitter so I may have been a bit hard on Larian but I think they can do better in the future and they do too.

Originally Posted by The Centaur

stranger
stranger
I remember the day I backed this game. I made sure to grab the Kickstarter's Collector's with the Hoodie and Portrait of a fan. I've watched every update unfold, and talked daily with my wife and my buddy Cody, cause we loved tbe 1st game immensely. Then I saw IGN get their review collector's. I was peeved, but hoped that they were shipping the backer's in a reasonable time. I was pretty flustered when I heard Swen confirm they were being shipped out the day of release. Then I was conflicted when I heard that DHL would handle the shipping. 1 week after release, and my package is supposedly on a plane to the US. Then again, DHL hasn't updated their tracking in 2 days. Must be a long flight, on a God damned paper airplane.

USPS has no info for me, DHL won't update. If my package is ruined, then what? I kmow you didn't personally choose DHL, but you did choose Happyshops. You're held responsible for their handling of this. In the event of a ruined shipment, how will I get back my 2 year long commitment and excitement?

Larian, I love your games with a fervent passion. I advocate both DOS games to anyone interested in RPGs. But I feel wronged by the handling of this finale.

Last edited by Vaxid; 21/09/17 02:25 PM.
Kultyz Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I am feeling so unhappy with all this...

that official response did not help, specially because i don't think it's fair that those who have their packages out of the warehouse but somehow they got "lost" on their way for days are not compensated in any way

In my case after spending a long time by phone insisting with DHL i received the statement that they have the record that the package is "in transit" and they have no further information to give me BUT after pressuring them i received the information that it should arrive between September 28th and October 5th.

I Live in Portugal which is a 2 to 2 and a half hour flight to germany, but the package will take between 15 to 20 days to get here after being promised it would arrive "September 14th, the next day or early the week after".

Even worse then that i could only get any information after spending alot of time in a telephone paid line.

So after all this to be told by Larian directly something like... "You're lucky your package is on the way so you will not get anything from us"... it hurts.

Right now i'm seriously considering to just ask a direct refund, but i am too angry to make that decision but there is a good chance i will do just that. Let Larian keep the box wherever they want to have it.

Well, in hindsight, we can say all three of them made mistakes. And any one of these companies making mistakes would probably not even have been so bad... but the chain of mistakes from all 3, makes this a total mess. I bet Larian will learn from their own mistakes here, and will ensure not to use HappyShops again next time, and they'll probably also make sure that next time, people who pre-order a CE get their digital game key right away (in email) instead of putting that on a paper inside the box (unfortunately, that doesn't help the people currently still waiting for their CE boxes, though).
So now it's all up to the third one in the chain... DHL. Let's hope they manage to not screw this up any more, and that they deliver all CEs in a timely fashion, to the correct address, and undamaged...

Last edited by The Centaur; 21/09/17 02:10 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Kultyz

Right now i'm seriously considering to just ask a direct refund, but i am too angry to make that decision but there is a good chance i will do just that. Let Larian keep the box wherever they want to have it.

same feeling here, considering doing the same to give them the finger.

while at the same time:

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Divinity-Original-Sin-2-Collectors-Edition-OVP-incl-Steam-Key-/172875601802?hash=item284030578a:g:ZIMAAOSw-9xZwqTa

no comment here, the whole thing upsets me enough as it is.

While I understand the frustrations, I hope people will still manage to enjoy the game (and the CE), once it finally arrives... because it definitely is a great game, and a great CE.
But if you really don't want the CE anymore, you could always sell it on ebay, as is apparently already happening... you could even make a profit, to compensate you a little for the problems...

Page 12 of 21 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 20 21

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard