Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 21 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 20 21
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by The Centaur
While I understand the frustrations, I hope people will still manage to enjoy the game (and the CE), once it finally arrives... because it definitely is a great game, and a great CE.
But if you really don't want the CE anymore, you could always sell it on ebay, as is apparently already happening... you could even make a profit, to compensate you a little for the problems...

I admire your calm friend wink
kudos to you

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Seibzz
while at the same time:

no comment here, the whole thing upsets me enough as it is.

Yeah, as a long-time collector of video game things, having to compete with the scalpers has always left a pretty bad taste. Sadly, they're a fact of life and I guess it was inevitable that the notorious ticket touts would have moved into the video game market too. frown

I notice that there's a number of "sold" listings on Ebay for packages which appear to have not even turned up with the seller yet, though they seem to be experienced with using the usual rather wheedly-sounding words to wriggle out of it.

J'aime le fromage.
kudos to you

Well, I've been around for a while, and have bought CEs for many years, and I'm used to CE boxes being shipped overseas, and taking weeks to arrive (with the game disc or key inside the box)... in the old days, this was more rule than exception.
And even when things go wrong, I have learned that, in the long run, those problems tend to become less relevant... but the enjoyment from the game or from the collector's items can remain, even years later...

I know not everyone shares my view on this, though, so you will have to decide for yourself how you want to proceed after this...

Last edited by The Centaur; 21/09/17 02:28 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
First time here,

I was a playtester and we were also promised a CE.
Thing is we don't even seem to know what service it was sent with, so
no tracking number or anything. But seeing everyone is having a hard time
getting their hands on theirs I'll just assume it's the same story for me.

Man, I wish they'd just have let me pick it up at their studio ;P

Anyways, having a hard time contacting anyone about it. But reading this forum
kinda gives me a general idea of what's going on. Hope this gets sorted out soon.
I'd love to play in the few days I have left before uni starts again..

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
kudos to you

I can say that the books alone are nice enough to make it worth the wait, as frustrating as it is right now.

When it comes to dissatisfaction, I'm reminded of the Dragon Age Inquisition CE, which contrary to the concept art was very badly executed and most of it was really very poor quality and generally a bit crap; that, and it didn't come with any of the pre-order codes and the seller and EA simply blamed each other and were very much "don't expect us to help you", though I did eventually get a small discount because of the general rubbishness.

But there were a few decent things in it and it was interesting to see just the tarot card pack alone selling for more than I paid for the entire CE; and that people still wanted it because it was collectible even though it kinda sucked.

Having finally received the D:OS II CE, I'm pleased to report that it isn't crap: the quality is very good (though I haven't assembled the Fane figure... I don't have room what with Geralt and Elizabeth and Ciri and Weebl etc vying for rather limited space) and I'm a lot happier with it than I was with a lot of CEs.

But if I was relying on it to get my Steam code, yeah, I'd be gnawing my own arms off in frustration.

J'aime le fromage.
L
stranger
stranger
L
I was also a playtester for the game.

I don't know how many playtesters checked this forum, but it seems I'm not the only one who didn't even get a mail.
At this point I wish they didn't promise us the collector's edition, because I have a feeling we won't get one at all.

The backers took priority I assume, but the CE was presented like compensation for the free time of the testers...So yea, leaves a bad taste.

S
stranger
stranger
S
kudos to you

same here, ordering a shit ton of stuff, very often collector stuff, since 1995.
My only complaint here, is the lack of communication as I previously stated.
I would even be ok with a month delay, as long as I'm kept informed.
Rule 1 of online business is communication. Looks like they didn't get the memo at Larian.

old hand
old hand
Pretty sure Larian said they would be dealing with the CE for the playtesters after all the Kickstarter packages were taken care of, so it's not surprising that those are further behind than the Kickstarters when even they are still trying to get an accurate status.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
L
stranger
stranger
L
Didn't know they said that.

I also don't mind the wait, more the lack of info.
Thanks for the update!

Kultyz Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
i give up.

that official reply only made me feel worse.

already sent an email directly for Larian.

Insignificant or not, Larian has lost me as a fan and a costumer.

After convincing many of my friends to buy the game, a few of my work collegues to buy the game, i'm the only one who paid for the CE and i feel wronged. I honestly don't care about the money it costed, just the way things were done.

F
stranger
stranger
F
I am now facing another part of the problem.
I just saw that the delivery enterprise GLS updated the tracking sayng that the package reach France, where I live.
But I am not very sure to have the CE before tomorrow... And tomorrow I am leaving for the week end to make a trip for the casting of my lover.

I am now thinking about what will happen if the CE reach my house during this week end... Here are the option I got ;
The package arrived this evening and I am not so upset, happy to finally have it and opening it just before doing my trip.
The package arrived next week, and I am not so upset, happy to finally have it and opening it.
The package arrived this week end, GLS don't find me at home, they leave the package to the post station, I come back from trip and I need to go and take it myself with another delay. I m not happy but I will have it and open it.
The package arrived this week end, GLS don't find me at home, and then decide to have the package back to GLS and Belgium or anywhere else. I have to make the delivery from the begining again... And then I am not happy... I am not happy at this point that I would go and track the tracking print, and I will find it even if I have to ..... So, I will not be happy(shop)

I hope GLS do not suck like that...

Now imagine if someone got unpaid days on the 14th only to be sure to receive the package... Imagine how UnHappy(Shop) he could be...

Well that looks like a russian roulette.

S
stranger
stranger
S
https://fr.trustpilot.com/review/gls.fr

cough cough

GLS is one of the worst carriers in france...

feeling relieved?

edit: also, whatever carrier is handling your parcel, it NEVER goes back right away to the sender. It's always kept somewhere, for a certain amount of time depending on who is handling the delivery, THEN sent back to the sender if you don't give any sign of life so to speak.
The few times they handled my stuff, they were late for the simple reason they don't deliver 7/7 but a very few couple of days during the week, to minimize costs i suppose ( grouping as many packs as they can in one truck for just one day).

Last edited by Seibzz; 21/09/17 03:10 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
I just saw i got an email at around 10:30pm from happyshops
That my product has been sent and they gave me a tracking number.

So it seems for us playtesters we just gotta wait and when its sent they mail us as confirmation.

Just wanted to give you a heads up.

veteran
veteran
I'm not affected by it, because I did not order collectors edition, but reacting over a week late and only so shallow does not show must trustworthyness into the 'reading it all' statement and the care for customers getting their stuff.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Originally Posted by Lavelan

The backers took priority I assume, but the CE was presented like compensation for the free time of the testers...So yea, leaves a bad taste.

As a backer I can tell you, that's a crock. Other then the automated email response I've received, I've gotten nothing as far as even the status of my CE version.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Here is the end of my story;

I just had a call from GLS, saying that I have got a package given to my concierge. So this afternoon I will have the pleasure to watch if it got damaged just before going to my trip. And I will be able to play on monday evening... If I do not receive the CE of Total War : Warhammer 2 too soon...

Hopefully I didn't take day off for the begining one week ago.

I am a little bit disapointed.

But I hope that you will all have your CE in good condition and maybe we will meet in game.

Dealing with Larian, I do not thank them, I do not agree their lack of information. I sent them three mails, and get here on this forum.
I can understand that they had the money of the preorders and all the selling of the game that just arrived and since the shipping they must had a really big party with champagne. I can understand that the 14th was a date to feast and so the 15th was a date to have a hungover...
I do not excuse a 2 weeks hungover, bought with my money. This is definitely too expensive for a collector edition.

I will only thank the people on the forum who where here in the same waiting status. It's arriving.

Last edited by Feuloup; 22/09/17 08:24 AM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
I am also one of the people that ordered the CE, it finally arrived today but when i tried to activate my product code for the game it was already in use!
i am so disappointed about how my order has been handled that i have lost a enormous amount of trust.
submitted a ticket just now but my hopes are not high that i will get a quick response, looks like i will have to wait another week to play :(

H
stranger
stranger
H
But if you really don't want the CE anymore, you could always sell it on ebay, as is apparently already happening... you could even make a profit, to compensate you a little for the problems...

This really annoys the hell out of me. People who do this rob people who're genuinely interested in the CE from getting it for monetary gain. I spot some listings over 400 dollars! (As a Torment: Tides of Numenera CE Kickstarter backer this really hurts. 😢)

Damn, I really wanted one, best CE I've seen so far!

With regard to the speed of replies to tickets... by now they have apparently sold more than 500,000 copies of the game. This also means a LOT of people are running into all kinds of different issues (often in-game), so a LOT of different tickets being created. So yours will end up somewhere in that big stack... and will be handled once they arrive at it. The problem here is, that there is no separate contact address to handle these CE issues. If there were, then these could just all be assigned to one dedicated support person, and they would be handled much faster.
The only thing I can recommend is, when you create a support ticket, make sure to select the issue type "pre-purchase question", which should help sort and assign the issues (and hopefully improve the speed of handling a bit).

Originally Posted by Helekanalaith
This really annoys the hell out of me. People who do this rob people who're genuinely interested in the CE from getting it for monetary gain. I spot some listings over 400 dollars! (As a Torment: Tides of Numenera CE Kickstarter backer this really hurts. 😢)

I know what you mean, but this is always a matter of supply and demand. If nobody would actually buy those CEs at that price, then people wouldn't bother trying to offer them for those prices either. It's like with concert tickets... (companies purchasing a lot of concert tickets to sell them at highly inflated prices). If people didn't actually buy them, then there wouldn't be such a lively market in those overpriced tickets. But while everyone knows this, people who are actually affected by it, often have the attitude "...but... but... I really, really want to have this!" (so they'll buy it anyway, even if the price is way too high) So personally, I think the blame is more on the side of the buyers, than the sellers.

Last edited by The Centaur; 22/09/17 12:59 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I know what you mean, but this is always a matter of supply and demand. If nobody would actually buy those CEs at that price, then people wouldn't bother trying to offer them for those prices either. It's like with concert tickets... (companies purchasing a lot of concert tickets to sell them at highly inflated prices). If people didn't actually buy them, then there wouldn't be such a lively market in those overpriced tickets. But while everyone knows this, people who are actually affected by it, often have the attitude "...but... but... I really, really want to have this!" (so they'll buy it anyway, even if the price is way too high) So personally, I think the blame is more on the side of the buyers, than the sellers.

I dunno, I suppose I find the whole thing rather parasitic: genuine collectors typically find themselves competing with professional scalpers whose "service" is to add some value in the form of a several hundred percent mark up before selling it on to the same people who wanted to buy it in the first place. I mean it's hardly new as problems go, it's as old as the hills when it comes to something whose value is automatically inflated by its scarcity, but it's rather sleazy.

In the case of CEs like this they really need to place limits of one per person as I've seen examples of people buying in bulk solely for the purpose of reselling on Ebay for an enormously inflated price, though of course they'll often wriggle around that by using multiple accounts; at least it makes it more difficult though.

Although I agree it could be argued that some blame falls on people for providing them with a market, I think most of the blame falls on the profiteers.

J'aime le fromage.
Page 13 of 21 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 20 21

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard