Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by BoTToX
[quote=Townsendvol]
I'm in Switzerland 200km from german border and don't have received mine too well

I'm in France, still haven't received mine too.

I can't wait to get my hands on the artbook! biggrin

Sauce Hunter
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Dopelgingembre
I can't wait to get my hands on the artbook! biggrin

Personally I think it's worth the wait just for that. As someone who was a subscriber to the Folio Society for quite a while I have to say that the books are really nice.

J'aime le fromage.
Kultyz Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Another week....

same crap continues... 0 follow up from Larian... have an email i sent on Tuesday 19th ... no reply so far.... people receiving used Steam keys... they are not getting feedback either....

AND according to Larian i'm "lucky" since my package has left the warehouse so i don't get any Steam key and will have to wait for it to arrive when the only information i have is... that it's in transit fore more then 10 days now with 0 updates.

Someone's having fun with my CE and Larian says i'm lucky.

My friends just decided to play the game without me since they have the regular version and i have no clue when i will receive mine (AND hoping someone has not used my key).

PS: i've sent this thread to several streamers/reviewers and on social networks in the hopes that if the message goes out that Larian is treating people like this (and some already started mentioning it on their streams) that Larian will finally realize that perhaps starting to care about solving this will benefit them more then just not caring!

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by Townsendvol
BoTTox Sorry, that makes no sense. I am just glad to be getting updates from USPS now.

He has a Hetzer, that's as much as you need to know. biggrin

If I can put my hands on the keys of the hetzer ...
To make a ride at happyshop ! rpg003

My signed collector bike ; )
journeyman
journeyman
And i'm always waiting for my CE / Hoodie and T-shirt.....

Kultyz Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by BoTToX
And i'm always waiting for my CE / Hoodie and T-shirt.....

It will be the most awaited Christmas present!

stranger
stranger
Adding my experience to the list. I backed both DoS 1 and 2. I never received shipping information for my DoS1 CE and one never arrived. I reached out to Larian and explained the situation and they shipped me a new CE with a happy sunflower drawn with marker inside the shipping container. A great response that restored any lost faith from my experience with them.

Now for DoS2 I actually received a tracking number from Happyshops, but still no CE. The DHL updates showed that the package took 3 business days to change cities in Germany. Sat for the weekend then another 2 business days before being "ready" to leave the country with new USPS tracking info. Unfortunately after almost a week in that state, there has been no updates to either DHL or USPS which still cites the Pre-Shipment phase.

I understand it takes time to ship overseas, but it bums me out that I have no idea where my CE is, or when it might get here. Add in the experience I had with the missing CE from the DoS1 kickstarter and that I didn't learn the CE contents had been replaced until reading complaints folks have made during this delayed shipping process, and I am a sad panda.

Larian makes a great product and always seem so happy, upbeat, and passionate about their games in both their communications and video updates. It just sucks to have these bad experiences as their fan.

veteran
veteran
After a week my shipment (according to the tracking) made its way to the United States after departing Germany. I can only assume it was sent by ship at sea. Or, perhaps it was sent by plane and spent seven days sitting in a holding area somewhere. Who knows.

Now it's been in the U.S. for 5 days and there hasn't been any further updates on it. This is just the CE (no hoodie), so one could only guess as to what the latest holdup is about.

If Larian Studios ever offers a collector's edition for another game in the future, they need to understand that people want their package in their hand by the day the game releases and schedule things accordingly. I can't imagine that many people would be excited about receiving a fairly expensive Collector's Edition when they're close to finishing (or already finished) the game. And that some people may be unable to even play the game at all because they're still waiting on the key in the box.. I would be pretty upset.

stranger
stranger
I'm in the same boat you are, and I think our CE's may be on a similar, literal boat. I dislike if that's the case, and I'm hoping that I get an update tomorrow. I feel like this was handled extremely badly.

I still love the game very much, but I will definitely think twice before backing so much to a Larian Collector's edition.

With regard to the 'shipped by boat' comments... I may have a possible explanation why it's taking so long. I recently had a similar experience with a completely different package from a completely different seller... but that one DID have detailed tracking info. The tracking info told me, that the package spent 2 weeks (!) at the customs office in the country of origin, before it made its way to my country.
I can only assume that, with the ongoing terrorism threats, customs needs to triple-check all outgoing packages before they go on the plane, though why that has to take 2 weeks, is beyond me...

Kultyz Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Another day went by without knowing when CE will arrive.

People who i convinced to buy the game and were waiting for me to play together, just started playing without me as i have no clue when my CE will arrive and it's not fair for them to wait forever.

Terrible experience so far and not feeling any support from Larian is even worse...

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by FatManCanDo
Adding my experience to the list. I backed both DoS 1 and 2. I never received shipping information for my DoS1 CE and one never arrived. I reached out to Larian and explained the situation and they shipped me a new CE

Same for me, one DOS1 CE was lost and they send my another one, but i never received the artbook coming with it. (sent twice too)
The sending problems seem to be part of the divinity tradition.

(and i'm always waiting for my KS DOSII CE)

Last edited by BoTToX; 26/09/17 12:56 PM.

Kultyz Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Finally i got a reply from Larian.

It seems they are now taking further steps to improve this situation and my faith in them is now much restored.

On this reply my situation got much more improved and i felt their words to be in accord with my feelings, therefor and to be true to what've said in this thread i now believe things will get sorted quickly.

I still don't have the CE at home but i now believe Larian is pressing DHL/Happyshops with a more aggressive stance and i believe CE will start arriving sooner.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Still hasn't arrived took forever to even leave Germany if that last update was even correct.

Larian emails are pointless and they don't care. Even if this package gets to Canada this week, it'll start out east with customs, then slowly move west. It'll be a few weeks more at this point.

What a waste

Kultyz, it's great to hear that you finally received a (good) response.
Tyler, based on Kultyz reply, it sounds like Larian *do* care, but even if they do, I fear there's nothing they could do to speed up customs... so yeah, the package could still take a while to arrive.
I believe that the best thing Larian could do at this stage, is to supply ALL of the 1000 pre-order (non-Kickstarter) CE purchasers (especially those with overseas shipping destinations) who have not received their CE yet with a new game key, so they can finally start playing, and don't have to wait even longer.
Larian should be able to obtain that info from the tracking codes.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Well hopefully this means I will get a reply soon aswell. All I want is a working code. The statue and books are nice. I love them, but I really just want the game tbh...

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hey quick update as a play tester (Gent) !

I finally received my CE and there was no code inside...

I also received a mail from Octaaf with a game code and it's already used...

At least the CE is looking good...

So many game codes that are already used... sounds like they have a leak somewhere... ie. someone who had access to the full list of codes that were supposed to go to the pre-order CEs and to the playtester CEs, who probably made a picture of the list and handed those codes out to his friends.
Another reason why it would be better for Larian to just hand out new codes to everyone who hasn't received his CE (with game code) yet...

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
There's been so many problems with Steam and codes not activating properly, and if not that then achievements and numerous other problems. I dunno, given the aggravation people seem to have with Steam I often think it would be much better if devs just avoided it altogether, though I guess that's a different argument for a different place.

J'aime le fromage.
N
N8N Offline
stranger
stranger
N
Heyo

Today I also received my CE and there was also no code for the game but I did receive a mail from Octaaf (the games producer) with a working code.

Also, apparently some of the content of the CE comes from Serbia so that might explain some of the delays.

And I think we all should write a mail to HappyShops and tell them how bad their service is.

Hope you guys will get yours soon, it's totally worth it.

Last edited by N8N; 26/09/17 03:55 PM. Reason: Hatin' on HappyShops
Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard