Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 21 1 2 19 20 21
Joined: Sep 2015
member
Offline
member
Joined: Sep 2015
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
I might have been more inclined to continue backing for digital tiers if I didn't get screwed with the digital copies too and Larian has offered zero replies or feedback.


How do you mean get screwed with the digital copies?
Are you referring to the GOG CE key missing the digital extras? Because that's an issue on the GOG side. Everyone with a GOG key ran into the same thing. GOG said they'd fix it for everyone "very soon", but I think they still haven't. After I contacted GOG support about it, they (eventually) told me to re-redeem my original CE key (the one I got on larianvault), and that added the missing content. So I'd recommend you to do the same (try to re-redeem your key on GOG, and if that doesn't fix it, contact GOG support).

Last edited by The Centaur; 14/10/17 04:53 AM.
Joined: Apr 2013
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Apr 2013
Originally Posted by The Centaur
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
I might have been more inclined to continue backing for digital tiers if I didn't get screwed with the digital copies too and Larian has offered zero replies or feedback.


How do you mean get screwed with the digital copies?
Are you referring to the GOG CE key missing the digital extras? Because that's an issue on the GOG side. Everyone with a GOG key ran into the same thing. GOG said they'd fix it for everyone "very soon", but I think they still haven't. After I contacted GOG support about it, they (eventually) told me to re-redeem my original CE key (the one I got on larianvault), and that added the missing content. So I'd recommend you to do the same (try to re-redeem your key on GOG, and if that doesn't fix it, contact GOG support).

That's only part of the issue and frankly I'm sick talking about it. The would be digital CE is only a mid tier copy of the game.....because the top tier has the OG trilogy and DOSEE but also keep me from having half the digital goodies I SHOULD have and PAID for. Now I technically have those in the Larian Vault but now I am forced to remain with all my goods split or pay up another $90. And I already f***ing own all the Divinity games on GOG, Steam, and on Larian Vault(those available there anyway).....the greed here makes me sick. Trying to force backers(many of whom have bought all their games at least once) to to pay up for digital copies of the games they already own and cannot get to have all the stuff they SHOULD have in one place.

So at the end of the day we're getting shafted either way and frankly I feel like I'm about done with Larian....I can't even bring myself to play the game and am tempted to just take my physical CE to the dumpster. I doubt I'll ever buy another game of theirs full stop.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 14/10/17 07:02 AM.
Joined: Sep 2015
member
Offline
member
Joined: Sep 2015
Well, on GOG you do indeed have a "Divine Edition", which includes all the digital extras that we have paid for and that were promised us during the KS campaign (and that's the one I was talking about... if you have the Kickstarter CE, then you should have those digital extras on GOG as well - the same ones you currently have on larianvault - if you don't have them on GOG, you can get them added with the help of GOG support).

And there is the "Eternal Edition" (I assume that's the 'top tier' one you're talking about) that, in addition to DOS2 and its digital extras (same as in the Divine Edition), also includes all the previous games in the Divinity series, with their digital extras. If you already own those previous games on GOG, then you should also already have all those digital extras (assuming you have the CE version of the DOS EE, otherwise you'll lack the DOS EE CE bonus content). So as far as I can tell, there's nothing unique in the Eternal Edition that would require purchasing it !?!


Joined: Apr 2013
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Apr 2013
Originally Posted by The Centaur
Well, on GOG you do indeed have a "Divine Edition", which includes all the digital extras that we have paid for and that were promised us during the KS campaign (and that's the one I was talking about... if you have the Kickstarter CE, then you should have those digital extras on GOG as well - the same ones you currently have on larianvault - if you don't have them on GOG, you can get them added with the help of GOG support).

And there is the "Eternal Edition" (I assume that's the 'top tier' one you're talking about) that, in addition to DOS2 and its digital extras (same as in the Divine Edition), also includes all the previous games in the Divinity series, with their digital extras. If you already own those previous games on GOG, then you should also already have all those digital extras (assuming you have the CE version of the DOS EE, otherwise you'll lack the DOS EE CE bonus content). So as far as I can tell, there's nothing unique in the Eternal Edition that would require purchasing it !?!

I took another look after you posted this and you are correct....at least now you are. But it looks to me like the contents of the editions were edited after launch. Stuff like the soundtrack and at least one of the art-books were initially exclusive to the Eternal Edition. So it seems they quietly fixed things behind the scenes and just never said a word of any of this....hoping nobody noticed I imagine. The fact that it even came to this still leaves me more than a bit upset.

Joined: Sep 2015
member
Offline
member
Joined: Sep 2015
I do believe you are mistaken. The Divine Edition contents haven't changed since the game's launch... everything that's in there now, was already in there on launch date (and believe me, I have been paying close attention, as I have been pressing GOG for several weeks to deliver that exact content to me in my Kickstarter CE edition). See also the original announcement post (OP) in this thread, dated September 14, which already details all the contents of the Divine Edition/Divine Ascension Upgrade:
www.gog.com/forum/general/release_divinity_original_sin_2_full_af83c/page1

Anyway, it's good to read that this at least takes care of your concern of missing out on digital content (or being forced into paying extra for it). The whole shipping experience is already bad enough without that.

Joined: Sep 2017
I
stranger
Offline
stranger
I
Joined: Sep 2017
Man that sucks, very poor handling by the courier. Those boxes were very well packed and it would have taken some serious force to break through like that.

Joined: Sep 2016
X
stranger
Offline
stranger
X
Joined: Sep 2016
Still waiting on my copy to arrive. The last update was on October 12th where it says my package is on it's way to my home town. Has anyone from the west coast got theirs yet?

Joined: Jul 2014
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: Jul 2014
Good News: I'm able to pick up my CE at my local USPS tomorrow.

Bad News: I am going to have to pay a lovely $13.50 COD. That's extremely upsetting considering the Kickstarter pledge included an international shipping & handling fee.

Joined: May 2010
Location: Oxford
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Joined: May 2010
Location: Oxford
I imagine that'll be the customs fee, which always comes as an unwelcome surprise. DHL also have a nasty habit of levelling their own fee to pay the customs fee which is often way in excess of it.


J'aime le fromage.
Joined: Jan 2014
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jan 2014
Originally Posted by Insolentfool
Man that sucks, very poor handling by the courier. Those boxes were very well packed and it would have taken some serious force to break through like that.


I'm not sure what you consider well packed, but mine was not well packed at all. Just a thin box of cardboard that is just big enough to fit the CE inside, with absolutely no room to spare, and no additional protection (like bubble-wrap, styrofoam peanuts, etc.).

As such, any force applied to the outside shipping box also came into contact with the inside CE box. It was impossible for it to not be damaged, and the shipping company should have known better. That it wasn't more damaged is only thanks to the CE case itself being sturdy.

Joined: May 2010
Location: Oxford
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Joined: May 2010
Location: Oxford
Originally Posted by Gyson
I'm not sure what you consider well packed, but mine was not well packed at all. Just a thin box of cardboard that is just big enough to fit the CE inside, with absolutely no room to spare, and no additional protection (like bubble-wrap, styrofoam peanuts, etc.).

As such, any force applied to the outside shipping box also came into contact with the inside CE box. It was impossible for it to not be damaged, and the shipping company should have known better. That it wasn't more damaged is only thanks to the CE case itself being sturdy.

Same: although the layers of cardboard comprised maybe over half a cm between the outside world and my CE box there's no way it would've withstood being, say, dropped on its corner let alone something worse happening. Fortunately it arrived completely undamaged but given prior experience of DHL that was probably a stroke of luck.


J'aime le fromage.
Joined: Jan 2014
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Jan 2014
5 weeks and i don't received my t-shirt : (


My signed collector bike ; )
Joined: Sep 2016
X
stranger
Offline
stranger
X
Joined: Sep 2016
Happy to report that my collector's edition arrived the other day in good condition thankfully smile

Page 21 of 21 1 2 19 20 21

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5