#610127 12/09/17 12:02 PM
M
Monara Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Hi.
I'm having two issues with the early access version of the game that prevent me from playing.
Firstly, when using the mouse to rotate the camera, the movement is extremely jerky and randomly hangs for short moments. Scrolling and zooming is completely smooth, as is rotating with the keyboard, it's definitely not a framerate issue.

Secondly the sensitivity for mouse rotation is way too low. Moving the mouse all the way from one edge of the screen to the other rotates the camera about 90 degrees. This also varies because of the jerkiness, sometimes it barely registers and sometimes it suddenly jumps a large amount. Even if it was higher, this should be configurable anyway.

This makes the camera extremely frustrating to control with the mouse, I really hope this will be fixed. I never had this problem with D:OS EE.

One more unrelated thing, but the take all button no longer works on empty containers. This is quite annoying when looting multiple containers and some of them are empty. You can no longer go through them all with space, but instead for some (the empty ones) you now have to press escape. Why was this changed? Also looting multiple items in quick succession doesn't work, the game ignores all input while slowly playing the looting animation, which also gets quite annoying very quickly. Intentional change?

Last edited by Monara; 12/09/17 12:09 PM.
Monara #610166 12/09/17 04:55 PM
Have you adjusted to camera sensitivities under the gameplay tab in the 'escape' menu?

I have to agree with the loot button, it was very convenient in EE. I hope it makes it into the release version.

Monara #610192 12/09/17 06:59 PM
M
Monara Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
The only sensitivity option under camera there is edge panning speed, which does not affect the rotation. Also, when holding the rotate mouse button, the cursor doesn't stay in place like in DOSEE, so if you rotate far enough the cursor will touch the edge of the screen, and then it actually starts scrolling! This definitely doesn't feel like it should be that way.

Last edited by Monara; 12/09/17 07:01 PM.
Monara #610211 12/09/17 09:51 PM
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Monara
One more unrelated thing, but the take all button no longer works on empty containers. This is quite annoying when looting multiple containers and some of them are empty.
That annoys me too. You can press space to take all from a container with something in and it will close - if it is empty you have to use the mouse to click the "X" or wander off until it closes itself.

DOS EE didn't do that (and nor did earlier EA version) - it must be a mistake I guess.

lx07 #610219 12/09/17 10:37 PM
M
Monara Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by lx07
Originally Posted by Monara
One more unrelated thing, but the take all button no longer works on empty containers. This is quite annoying when looting multiple containers and some of them are empty.
That annoys me too. You can press space to take all from a container with something in and it will close - if it is empty you have to use the mouse to click the "X" or wander off until it closes itself.

DOS EE didn't do that (and nor did earlier EA version) - it must be a mistake I guess.

Exactly, and if you are looting more things sometimes the empty container window ends up blocking the view to the other stuff you're trying to loot, so you're forced to use the mouse/esc key. In the previous game you could just alternate clicking containers and pressing space to quickly loot a whole room. I still want to try mapping both "loot all" and "close" to space and see if this will still successfully loot filled containers. If that works this complaint can be ignored smile

Update: This runs into the same issue I have with the tooltips/sneak cones. When both cancel and loot all are assigned to the same key, either space won't close (when it's assigned as secondary), or it closes before looting anything (when assigned to close only as primary). So sadly this isn't the solution.

It's interesting you said it wasn't like this in an earlier version. I really doubt this was intentionally changed because it the way it worked before is a lot more convenient.

It seems in general the game has a lot of issues when multiple functions are assigned to the same key, so I don't understand why it even allows this. Unless this is already fixed in the release version smile

Last edited by Monara; 12/09/17 10:57 PM.
Monara #610223 12/09/17 11:20 PM
Support
Support

In the full release, Space closes empty containers, and tooltips and sneak cokes are both shown when assigned to the same key.

There were updates to the camera system, but I don't know if there was anything fixed or optomized WRT performance. AFAIK it shouldn't be any worse than D:OS EE (the camera system wasn't designed for quick rotations, so isn't optimized for a lot of texture calls).

Monara #610225 12/09/17 11:29 PM
M
Monara Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Awesome! But what about the rotate sensitivity, and cursor not locking during rotate causing the screen to scroll?

Example in DOSEE: cursor is in the center of the screen, I press down rotate and move the mouse to the right until the camera is turned around. I release the rotate button. Cursor is still in the center of the screen.
Same thing in DOS2: cursor is in the center of the screen, I press down rotate and start moving the mouse to the right. The screen rotates, and the cursor moves right. After a bit of turning, the cursor reaches the right edge of the screen and the camera starts panning to the right instead.

I feel like I have to repeat though that it is smooth when rotating with the keyboard, and only stutters when using the mouse, even when turning a lesser amount/speed than the keyboard. It's not a performance issue. Sometimes the cursor clearly moves on screen while rotate is held down, but the camera doesn't budge, as if the mouse input is just ignored. For me currently it clearly is a lot worse than DOS:EE. I guess I'll know very soon if there is any improvement at release smile

Last edited by Monara; 12/09/17 11:43 PM.
Monara #610307 13/09/17 09:23 AM
Support
Support

In D:OS EE, the mouse cursor moves for me when rotating the camera. Checking at 1920x1200, moving the mouse cursor across the screen gives about a full 360 rotation (varies a bit based on speed).
D:OS 2 Early Access is the same, though maybe more consistent, as is a development build.

Monara #610336 13/09/17 12:09 PM
M
Monara Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
I just checked again and the cursor does move (sorry about that), but I guess I just never had any problems with it because you can easily turn the camera around with little movement of the mouse.
In DOS2 this became an issue because of the low sensitivity. I need to move the mouse across the whole screen about 1.5 times to make a 180 degree turn, but this is very inconsistent because as I said the rate of cursor movement isn't directly related to the rate of turning for me.
I'll try to make a video of it to show what's happening.

Last edited by Monara; 13/09/17 12:10 PM.
Monara #610345 13/09/17 12:59 PM
M
Monara Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
The problem went away once I got off the ship. I'll see if it returns in other areas.

Monara #616210 19/09/17 07:30 PM
H
stranger
stranger
H
Any solution for this? My camera rotation is slow too.

Last edited by Hezw; 19/09/17 07:30 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard