Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Hey all! Very excited for release, and had a quick question regarding it:

Is there any information on what time DOSII will release? Is it worth being up on the night of the 13th for when it ticks over to midnight, or will it be more like noon on the 14th or so?

For reference, I'm in California, so Pacific timezone.

Thanks!

Last edited by vometia; 13/09/17 07:20 AM. Reason: formatting
Zec Offline
It will be around 19h-00h cet I think that is about 10h-14h pdt so around that time.

made in Betanija
Support
Support

Release should be about 5 pm Belgium time (GMT+2), so about 8 am PDT.

addict
addict
So 8 AM on the 14th. So no staying up on 13th then?!

journeyman
journeyman
Ok, great- thanks, Raze.

Is there confirmation as to whether there will be preloading or not? Given the estimated 'Ile size... if not, it's going to take a while to download.

Zec Offline
Ups I messed up then, with timings since Belgium is same time as here, my apologies Painkngight. but I did seen that it said around 10-13 but prolly i messed up timezones. sad

So far they said nothing bout predownloads, but I guess if you have solid connection 10-20 min or so I guess.

made in Betanija
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
well damn, was gonna stay up tonight to play. Guess i won't since it won't be up till around 11am here for me.

journeyman
journeyman
I don't know what type of connection you have, Zec, but it took me a little more than an hour to download the EA, which is roughly 8 gb. If the full game is 3-4 times that in size... that means it will take 3-4 more hours, minimum. Not 20 minutes. And if thousands of people are trying to download it at the same time, it might be even slower.

That's why I would really like to know if there will be preloading or not. Now I know not to stay up Wednesday night waiting for it after midnight, but I don't know if it will be effectively playable for me Thursday morning or afternoon.

Zec Offline
Originally Posted by michaelgalt1984
I don't know what type of connection you have, Zec, but it took me a little more than an hour to download the EA, which is roughly 8 gb. If the full game is 3-4 times that in size... that means it will take 3-4 more hours, minimum. Not 20 minutes. And if thousands of people are trying to download it at the same time, it might be even slower.

That's why I would really like to know if there will be preloading or not. Now I know not to stay up Wednesday night waiting for it after midnight, but I don't know if it will be effectively playable for me Thursday morning or afternoon.

Jea i did a bit improved connection last year I remember that it took me longer for some other ones (ffs first time WoW when I was downloading (yes I used to play wow too smile ) it took me whole night. But I guess it will took you bout 2h-3h max I know longest downloads I had was doom (but that is about 70 gig and i think Witcher 3 (about 50gig) but my advice to you if it takes that long, start download and watch some movie (longer one, like LOTR or if you like classics "Longest Day" those are longest ones I can remember atm)

made in Betanija
S
stranger
stranger
S
*sigh* the downside of living in New Zealand seeing the date getting all excited then realising I need to add on a day :(

journeyman
journeyman
Or, I can just hope that they enable preloading wink

Quite frankly, I don't know why they wouldn't. It literally reduces the strain on the servers, it makes more people happy. Unless they are literally making changes and fixing bugs as we speak... It should be ready. And, if they ARE still working on it at this point... I don't know that that bodes well. Given we are approximately 24 hours from release, if there are still lots of things which need to be fixed or changed at this point...

Zec Offline

Quite frankly, I don't know why they wouldn't. It literally reduces the strain on the servers, it makes more people happy. Unless they are literally making changes and fixing bugs as we speak... It should be ready. And, if they ARE still working on it at this point... I don't know that that bodes well. Given we are approximately 24 hours from release, if there are still lots of things which need to be fixed or changed at this point...

Maybe they just cant release it now, cause they all have headaches and are wasted from celebrations of completing the game celebrate

made in Betanija
old hand
old hand
So ok, it get's better, from 19:00 to 22:00 CEST (10 am to 1 pm PDT from Facebook) to 17:00 CEST. Nice. However I fear for a long download, Steam is infamous for it.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Zec
... start download and watch some movie (longer one, like LOTR or if you like classics "Longest Day" those are longest ones I can remember atm)

Ugh, I hate LotR, I'd rather gnaw my own legs off. Okay, I love the books, but Jackson seemed to concentrate on all the bits of the books I wasn't so keen on and skipped most of the bits I was. And all the "epic with added epic!" and general cultural appropriation didn't really endear me to his "vision" either.

Unfortunately, for me the alternative seems to be eating things. D:

J'aime le fromage.
old hand
old hand
But Gollum is nice. The rest are boring heroes/villains.

H
apprentice
apprentice
H

uploading and checking the last stable build takes quite a lot of time, they are most likely still fixing things tho, just not merging the fixes in order to keep a stable build, well, stable.

that means there will be bugs and unbalances and those will be patched after launch, even if they already have them fixed internally

let's be fair though, the "alpha" build i played was more polished and stable than any AAA in the last decade, if we go by the alpha then the release version will be fine

Zec Offline
Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by Zec
... start download and watch some movie (longer one, like LOTR or if you like classics "Longest Day" those are longest ones I can remember atm)

Ugh, I hate LotR, I'd rather gnaw my own legs off. Okay, I love the books, but Jackson seemed to concentrate on all the bits of the books I wasn't so keen on and skipped most of the bits I was. And all the "epic with added epic!" and general cultural appropriation didn't really endear me to his "vision" either.

Unfortunately, for me the alternative seems to be eating things. D:

Here if you are not up for LotR I found you one other movie, with interesting name: "Sleep" by Andy Warhole, movie is long footage of his friend.... sleeping :P here is wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_(film)
It lasts 321 min so I guess it should take you some time crazy

made in Betanija
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by HQSykes

uploading and checking the last stable build takes quite a lot of time, they are most likely still fixing things tho, just not merging the fixes in order to keep a stable build, well, stable.

that means there will be bugs and unbalances and those will be patched after launch, even if they already have them fixed internally

let's be fair though, the "alpha" build i played was more polished and stable than any AAA in the last decade, if we go by the alpha then the release version will be fine

Yes, that is sort of my point. There will be who knows how many patches, that can't be avoided. Anyone who has played computer RPGs for a while knows that the first few weeks or even month might be rough. I feel like with all the alpha testing which we have done, it's going to be pretty stable.

I just wish we would get official word on the preloading. Now I know when it will be available, which I appreciate, but would like to know when it will actually be playable.

Last edited by michaelgalt1984; 13/09/17 03:09 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by HQSykes

Yeah they probably are still fixing stuff but not for the release build of the 14th of September, unless there is a MAJOR issue like unavoidable crash or save corruption etc.

They probably already have the gold master build (for a while now) to release/Preload and a day one patch to add. Much safer to have a day one patch than updating the main build non stop.

journeyman
journeyman
I just wants to play. Want my elven nature's avenger to start purging unnatural and destructive elements from the land, while also working to establish more balance to the land he is stuck in.

Want to see what changes there have been made to crafting... and if we have actual witchcraft spells or not. Kinda bizarre to have witches without an actual spell school, since necromancy seems to be more appropriate to... necromancers. I really liked the witchcraft spell school and would be pretty disappointed if it has indeed been cut. It would be pretty awesome to add that to my nature's avenger... he summons things from the environment, then starts turning his enemies against each other or weakening them against the attacks of his minions.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard