Next Thread
Print Thread
#610465 13/09/17 10:14 PM
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I'm looking for tips for how to do this that'd work well.

I was thinking Warfare/Necromancy.

I tried starting a new game and immediately picking a fight. Blood Rain seems like an issue for the concept, because the second I was standing in blood I got chain stunned until dead by lightning wands. Am I going to be able to plan on playing in/around blood?

A
A
death knights are more for the passive lifesteal from necromancy.. if you happen to be standing in blood you can use it but its more for the passive livesteal from necromancy (which at level 10 heals you for 100% of damage dealt.. at level 20 *with equipment that adds to necro* you can get that up to 20 for 200% of damage dealt back as life.

You can also use retribution on your death knight so that any damage done to you is reflected back to your enemies which then triggers necromancy healing you.

on top of that in the full release stun has changed and now has to be applied twice in order to stun you.. so unless your moving around in electrified blood you should be fine to just absorb it after its electrocuted and avoid the stun.

Last edited by Adrianna; 13/09/17 10:22 PM.
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
The blood will frequently get electrified, so plan around that. Combo Blood Rain with an immediate Bloodsucker. Keep Phoenix Dive handy for mobility, or wings if you splash Poly.

Warfare + Necromancy works great. Either with a big two hander, or two daggers and finesse. Nothing spells loving like a battering ram followed by a backstab!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Incendax
The blood will frequently get electrified, so plan around that. Combo Blood Rain with an immediate Bloodsucker.

Or use elemental affinity while standing on the blood to cast more necro spell before sucking it dry!

stranger
stranger
Do know that you can only really heal yourself when your armor is gone, which Isn't always good.
Meaning your lifesteal will be limited by enemy CC.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by MoltenMuffin
Do know that you can only really heal yourself when your armor is gone, which Isn't always good.

What? Since when?
I have never seen that.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Deadknight
Originally Posted by MoltenMuffin

What? Since when?
I have never seen that.

I think he meant that the heals don't actually do anything until you lose your armour and start taking real damage. The healing is constantly in effect based on the cyan-coloured numbers that appear above your character when you hit something, but if your armour hasn't been broken and/or you haven't been hit by piercing damage you should be at full health anyway.

S
stranger
stranger
S
So, how viable is this build after the changes?

How should you spend your points if your going Knight Warfare/Necromancy?

Ive checked alot of builds with knight 2h using flesh sacrifice>enrage> *skill* > proccing executioner for AP gain.

Some of that still seems viable, but the more points i spend into neromancy, the less i have for warfare and 2h..
AND if you add retribution ontop of that..

I was thinking of getting blood rain and leech, but any kinds of surface seems very risky.

Ill play with 3 friends so they can probably handle their own and i wont need as much control.

veteran
veteran
Hmmm... For me, I would build a Death Knight like this:

Preset: Knight
Race: Any (but Human or especially Undead thematically)
Abilities: Warfare, Necromancer, Telekinesis
Skills: Rage, Vampiric Touch, Blood Sucker
Talent: Morning Person (later, Comeback Kid if not incompatible)

Playstyle: Throw yourself into the fray mercilessly, cutting down your foes. You do not fear Death, you are death: When killed, have an ally resurrect you, taking you back to full strength instantly thanks to Morning Person.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I just joined the Divinity 2 train today! I have been watching CohhCarnage on Twitch play DOS1 in the past few days and DOS2 today. I really liked what I saw and bought the game and am downloading now!

Being able to create a DeathKnight type character sounds pretty awesome! 25% left to go in my d/l! :P

When I saw this post about Deathknights usually you think Warcraft but for me there can only be on Deathkinght, the most baddest of them all!

Lord Soth!

https://imgur.com/nFHmLxi
(Can't post pics yet)

smile

Some may be too young or not know who Lord Soth is. Just go read some Dragonlance books!

Last edited by vometia; 15/09/17 07:18 AM. Reason: formatting
unholy death knight from wow is doable.

focus on poison and summoning( summon the element demon), play as undead, and wield a sword and heavy armor.

I
journeyman
journeyman
I
I was thinking on using Fane as a Necro/Knight with a 2H for my second playthrough.

I want to try the combo LivingOnTheEdge, DeathWish and ForcedExchange.
So basically get myself low on HP, increase my dmg and than switch my hp.

To prevent CC I plan on different means to get my armor back up.

This time around I will go with classic and not Tactician mode.
Has anyone experence with a similar build?

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard