Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Does anyone know when IGN and Gamespot are going to be dropping their reviews for the game? I am trying to fill the next 3+ hours while the game downloads with something. Did they receive early copies to play, or are we going to be waiting at least 3 weeks for them to finish the campaign along with the rest of us?

GMAddon1: Adds almost every single monster and NPC from the main campaign into GM mode, plus a few large custom maps to use in GM mode.
S
S
User reviews are a lot better than these so called 'professional reviews'. I would just read them to get a feel for things.

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
I know, but I like seeing the professional ones for two reasons:

1. I like to see the reviews MOST people are going to see.
2. I love their flashy video editing and professional delivery without listening to some dude slur his speech, cough, fart and drop 20 F-bombs.

GMAddon1: Adds almost every single monster and NPC from the main campaign into GM mode, plus a few large custom maps to use in GM mode.
H
apprentice
apprentice
H
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter777
Does anyone know when IGN and Gamespot are going to be dropping their reviews for the game? I am trying to fill the next 3+ hours while the game downloads with something. Did they receive early copies to play, or are we going to be waiting at least 3 weeks for them to finish the campaign along with the rest of us?

never trust ign, gamespot and stuff like that, dont you remember gamergate? the Driv3r incident? the gamespot whistleblower scandal?

most of those reviews are paid for a particular score in order to get early copies, never, ever trust them

S
S
Originally Posted by HQSykes
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter777

never trust ign, gamespot and stuff like that, dont you remember gamergate? the Driv3r incident? the gamespot whistleblower scandal?

most of those reviews are paid for a particular score in order to get early copies, never, ever trust them

What do you think to RPS?

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
They are usually out the day of release. Most have played the game already and already did the write-up but have to wait for release to post their review.

As other noted above, pro reviews have lost all credibility precisely because they are paid to make them. Who do you think advertises on their sites? Its like asking someone to tell you what they think of their boss while the boss is sitting there listening to them.

B
stranger
stranger
B
On topic I don't know if any sites have shown much interest in the game. Usually I go to Giant Bomb and they are open about review copies and what day they can talk about a game but they haven't shown acknowledgment this game exists and most likely they are trying to rely on " influencers". Youtube/Twitch streamers that will promote the game positively over sending the game to professionals from the way the marketing looks.

Off-topic ( like where a lot of other people in this thread are) I like Giant Bomb, Polygon, and Waypoint. Personality based sites are good for getting the feeling of what word of mouth looks like. Polygon has shown a ton of interest in the past and Waypoint has some huge D&D and RPG fans in charge so I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with some early thoughts or stories. Giant Bomb is great but the small staff makes it so they tend to take a bit to pick up on games like these.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Yup, as expected Polygon got an in progress review ( 20 hours in) and Giant Bomb mentioned they just got a copy and have put in about an hour so far so it so it sounds like professional outlets got it on release with the rest of us.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard