Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#610783 14/09/17 04:13 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Tight on cash currently, wondering how the creation tools and DM client are faring thus far?

apprentice
apprentice
Going through stuff at the moment and while things are wonderful to look at its lacking in locations. Something I hope will come along with the workshop.. But few farms, few villages however no city scenes which is a bummer. Loved that we get the ship maps but can't seem to find any scene inside the ships which I find very odd. I hope the map editor is easy to use so I and others can fix that fast enough. 8/10

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Cant get to it for few more hours. Any caves? Are the mountain scenes from the Youtubes in there, or is that all ripped out?

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
It's missing a LOT of creatures that it had when it was demo'd earlier and a lot of creatures that are in the main campaign. Very limited selection of creatures. frown No goblins, for example. Also missing most of the monsters we saw when Sven showed a glimpse of GM Mode at the end of the Fane reveal livestream.

Last edited by Shapeshifter777; 14/09/17 09:30 PM.

GMAddon1: Adds almost every single monster and NPC from the main campaign into GM mode, plus a few large custom maps to use in GM mode.
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
I've only been tinkering with GM mode for a little while, but It's missing some basic functionality for containers that I figured was a no brainer. For example, instead of being able to directly place items from the Creatures/Items panel into a container, you have to drag them into the world, and then drag them into the container. You're also unable to re-roll the randomly generated contents of a container; for example, if you want some random loot in a chest, but you don't like what the chest has when you first put it down, you have to delete it and place another chest to get a new random sampling of goodies. Not a huge deal (I mean, you can always just place whatever you want in there), but it's a little inconvenient at times.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
How can I run a D&D campaign without goblins?

Very disappointed with the size of the available maps and scenes. Hopefully the map editor is easy to use to solve this major issue.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
The size of the maps seem like they're just meant to drop you from encounter to encounter and not really explore.

Anyone know if there is a way to make doors active so they take you to another room or "scene"?

WMC51 #611135 15/09/17 06:32 AM
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by WMC51
How can I run a D&D campaign without goblins?

Very disappointed with the size of the available maps and scenes. Hopefully the map editor is easy to use to solve this major issue.

If it's anything like DOS1, the map editor is EXTREMELY easy to use for building areas. Scripting and atmospheres etc are a bit more difficult, but GM mode removes the need to worry about any of that. You're going to have a blast making HUGE areas in the map editor -- trust me. wink

Definitely disappointed with the lack of creatures though. I'm hoping we can somehow use the editor to put them all in. I mean why in the world would they leave out source hounds, gheists, the kraken, goblins, spiderlings, etc.?

I am making a campaign I really want to publish in the GM editor and the plotline is really begging for spiderlings, but I can only use big spiders, even though spiderlings are in the game data?

Last edited by Shapeshifter777; 15/09/17 06:34 AM.

GMAddon1: Adds almost every single monster and NPC from the main campaign into GM mode, plus a few large custom maps to use in GM mode.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I won't judge the GM Mode until I have had my hands on the editor/dev tools.
There is so much content missing or not available, like creatures and location types that everything depends on how easy it is to make creatures like goblins, orcs and such available for the GM mode.

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by porrage
You're also unable to re-roll the randomly generated contents of a container; for example, if you want some random loot in a chest, but you don't like what the chest has when you first put it down, you have to delete it and place another chest to get a new random sampling of goodies. Not a huge deal (I mean, you can always just place whatever you want in there), but it's a little inconvenient at times.

This isnt correct. I was able to right click/mange the container and do all sorts of good stuff for re-rolling container contents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MhNmS7JfeM

B
stranger
stranger
B
Honestly... I looked at this toolkit and immediately felt like Sword Coast Legends had comparable functionality...

That is EXTREMELY concerning.

Seriously, no way to select multiple NPCs and have them move around the map?

No way to set NPCs to wander within a region?

Massie lack of scenes, npcs and items... I'll make a separate post on this but I need to see the roadmap on the expansion plans for this.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Pretty sure I saw you alot on the SCL forums pre-release. While SCL was a serious disappointment, I dont feel like the two games deserve to be talked about in the same sentence, when it comes to what we have here. This is clearly in another league from what nSpace shipped, and while it doesnt have every asset I would like it to have, it absolutely has delivered more than enough to make great modules. Also, dont forget that the Game Master mode is not the only tool. When the Editor ships, we will have access to much more functionality. So hopefully we can fill in those gaps that people are seeing. The ability to have an NPC follow is a popular one, and I am sure Larian is watching as well.

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Originally Posted by SmorgasOfBorg
You're also unable to re-roll the randomly generated contents of a container; for example, if you want some random loot in a chest, but you don't like what the chest has when you first put it down, you have to delete it and place another chest to get a new random sampling of goodies. Not a huge deal (I mean, you can always just place whatever you want in there), but it's a little inconvenient at times.

This isnt correct. I was able to right click/mange the container and do all sorts of good stuff for re-rolling container contents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MhNmS7JfeM

Yeah I'm not going to watch a thirty minute video to look for your example :P

The only option I'm seeing is the ability to roll vendor loot, which doesn't actually reroll, it just adds a huge chunk of goodies into the chest.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Here it is starting at 26m21s

https://youtu.be/8MhNmS7JfeM?t=26m21s

S
apprentice
apprentice
S

The only option I'm seeing is the ability to roll vendor loot, which doesn't actually reroll, it just adds a huge chunk of goodies into the chest.

So then maybe I misunderstood your question/issue. I thought you wanted to re-roll whats in the barrel, which is definitely there. I might have misunderstood.

P
apprentice
apprentice
P

So then maybe I misunderstood your question/issue. I thought you wanted to re-roll whats in the barrel, which is definitely there. I might have misunderstood.

You didn't misunderstand me, you're just mistaking the generate vendor loot option for what I'm talking about. What you're doing in the video is adding in trader stock into the barrel, not re-rolling the loot that's naturally generated by the barrel.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
The clear button solvs the issue of stuff just adding.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
But you can choose from the dropdown what KIND of loot you want to generate. So it doesnt have to be just Vendor trash. Right?

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
But you can choose from the dropdown what KIND of loot you want to generate. So it doesnt have to be just Vendor trash. Right?

You just select whatever vendor type you want from the drop down. So you can generate a ton of skillbooks, items, or equipment, but only the types you'd find from a vendor. Rewatch your video: the only options you have are trader stock.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Understood. That makes sense. So can you help me understand what you wanted it to generate? When I first dropped my barrel, it just had a fish in it. Your example was, of course, a chest. Which I didnt try. I guess thats the difference here?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard