Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
So I've decided to play as Fane for my first play through on tactician mode, but i'm noticing that enemies are casting restoration on me to deal damage. No problem there i am undead after all and its a mechanic in the game.

The problem i'm having with it is i'm wearing a full set of armor as the game describes is so people DON'T know your undead because if they did they would attack on site. So without lowering my physical armor to 0 and casting decaying touch they can just go right in and "heal" me. They should at least have to realize i'm undead (use decaying touch and see it doesn't work) before trying to heal me, otherwise they would be assisting the enemy. Not sure if this was even noticed before or maybe overlooked because undead wasn't in the early access.

veteran
veteran
Last time I tried, decaying touch worked on undead/zombies, it made the healing damage twice as effective or even more.

It is the the same problem with Glass cannon tough. AI is to much all knowing and getting killed by getting killed is kind of no-brain-easy because no armor can prevent it.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Dtrooper
The problem i'm having with it is i'm wearing a full set of armor as the game describes is so people DON'T know your undead because if they did they would attack on site. So without lowering my physical armor to 0 and casting decaying touch they can just go right in and "heal" me. They should at least have to realize i'm undead (use decaying touch and see it doesn't work) before trying to heal me, otherwise they would be assisting the enemy. Not sure if this was even noticed before or maybe overlooked because undead wasn't in the early access.

Originally Posted by Kalrakh
It is the the same problem with Glass cannon tough. AI is to much all knowing and getting killed by getting killed is kind of no-brain-easy because no armor can prevent it.

I'd argue that enemies, such as players, can "Examine" you and realize you have the Undead talent or the Glass Cannon talent and exploit that. It seems fair, because players can heal enemies with the Undead trait and deal damage that ignores their armors as well. I don't know any enemy with the Glass Cannon trait, but the players would be able to exploit that as well.

To avoid making players outright stronger than creatures as you suggest, there could be an item (perhaps even Fane's mask itself) that hides your talents from enemies, so that the AI can't exploit those while the character has that equiped.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I haven't got the glass cannon perk yet on any of my characters but they AI knowing that your player has it and focusing seems broken. I get that on tact mode they should be smarter but not abusive/exploitative of a perk. I was really just saying if your hiding your undeadness by wearing armor the enemy shouldn't know at least right away, 2-3 turns in they clue into that your missing skin would make more sense.

The AI doesn't know you are undead if you are wearing the shapshifting mask and are disguised as one of the three living races. If you are wearing a regular armor helmet, the AI is going to know that you are undead and will do as you described. So, in order to get the benefit of not being "healed", you're going to need to sacrifice an armor slot.

Last edited by cool-dude01; 15/09/17 12:58 AM.
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Oh? I haven't got to the point where i'm wearing the fane shapeshifting helm again, but if that is the case completely forget my argument. If wearing the helmet stops them from "healing" fane without decay touch that's a problem solver!

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Zerd
I'd argue that enemies, such as players, can "Examine" you and realize you have the Undead talent or the Glass Cannon talent and exploit that. It seems fair, because players can heal enemies with the Undead trait and deal damage that ignores their armors as well. (snip)

The problem is this makes no sense whatsoever - by wearing a regular helmet, you can blend into town easily, and no one will recognize you're an undead, however in combat, they just *know* it. If we go with the idea that NPCs can examine you and see your talents, etc. then there's no reason they shouldn't call you out for being undead in town and have everyone attack you.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by cool-dude01
The AI doesn't know you are undead if you are wearing the shapshifting mask and are disguised as one of the three living races. If you are wearing a regular armor helmet, the AI is going to know that you are undead and will do as you described. So, in order to get the benefit of not being "healed", you're going to need to sacrifice an armor slot.

For me, the biggest problem is that when you disguise yourself as one of the living races, you behave like a living being and replace your talents. What I wanted was a way to avoid enemies realizing I'm an Undead while being and behaving like one. I still want to heal with poison and not be "healed" by enemies, that would be the optimal way imo.

veteran
veteran
Do enemies even have loremaster skilled?

I think, not every enemie should be able to examine you. Elite enemies yes, but normal guys not really.

Originally Posted by Dtrooper
Oh? I haven't got to the point where i'm wearing the fane shapeshifting helm again, but if that is the case completely forget my argument. If wearing the helmet stops them from "healing" fane without decay touch that's a problem solver!

The only exception would be the undead. the undead know you are undead, disguise or not, and will still set decay. But as long as you are disguised as any of the living races, you won't have to worry about healing spells and skills being casted on you.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The AI knows the same as your characters does with loremaster. No difference here on one side or the other.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard