Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
E
apprentice
apprentice
E
The fix is both available on GOG and on Steam. If you're suffering from crashes regardless it might be another problem. I personally haven't had a single crash in about 6 hours of play since Sunday evening.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Still not resolved on my end :(

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
What patch does the main menu say you are on? The latest is 3.0.142.271

S
stranger
stranger
S
I think it's caused by NPC's getting stuck with their pathfinding. This usually happens after they run away from combat.

The elf by the tidepool with the geo spells for instance can get stuck on the rocks, and for me, one of the quest givers ran off and got stuck behind a wall, the issue resolved itself after I teleported or killed the NPCs, so I'm pretty sure their broken pathfinding was causing the lag.

N
stranger
stranger
N
I'm not experiencing outright crashes, but I am experiencing abnormally long loading times on a very solid rig with a good SSD (with plenty of spare space). The loading times get worse the further I progress into the game. Right now we're talking 4-5 minutes to load but its increasing and Im only halfway through the game.

Ill post a DXdiag on request but Ive seen enough anecdotal evidence of long load times from people with all sorts of solid hardware to guess that the game needs some optimization there. Obviously those who had gamebreaking bugs had it worse, but thats still insane loading times.

W
stranger
stranger
W
[quote=Nameless Hero]I'm not experiencing outright crashes, but I am experiencing abnormally long loading times on a very solid rig with a good SSD (with plenty of spare space). The loading times get worse the further I progress into the game. Right now we're talking 4-5 minutes to load but its increasing and Im only halfway through the game.

Ill post a DXdiag on request but Ive seen enough anecdotal evidence of long load times from people with all sorts of solid hardware to guess that the game needs some optimization there. Obviously those who had gamebreaking bugs had it worse, but thats still insane loading times.[/quote]

Same as you. Sometimes it takes so long I believe it won't ever even load, and for some people that seems to be the case. My rig/SSD is not the issue, there is a problem with the game.

Last edited by wulphy; 23/09/17 12:14 AM. Reason: sig
W
stranger
stranger
W
Last patches didn't fix anything for me, and it starts to drive me crazy...

Loading a save in Driftwood takes approx 10 minute on a decent rig.

All of my saves are manual, disabled autosave from the getgo.

Tried to use the unpacker, rc_main.lsf is 12Mb compressed and 180Mb unpacked, with 3 273 101 entry in it (wtf) ...

Sadly I'm too retarded to find duplicates in this mess, how the hell do you isolate dups in a xml when you dont know what you're looking for ?!

I'm really pissed at Larian on this one, the game is brilliant on many aspect, but there is/was some HUGE oversight with some decision regarding the QA/Architecture.

(Like the pathfinding is all fucked up and probably suffer some racing/loop condition).

Anyway, halp me fix my save pls ! (livemas and ChrisPVille in particular ^^)

W
stranger
stranger
W
@whatif

I had the same exact situation as you. Uninstalled/reinstalled twice and on the second time I am loading my saved without issue. No idea if that will do anything for you or why it changed the second time, but it seems to be fixed for now.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Reinstalling fixed it? Huh. Thats weird, but I guess Ill give it a try. Seems like a long shot though.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Seems like a fix if people aint posting anymore about this like a few days.

Strange thing it didnt fixed my problem.

So i decided to play the D:OS EE Game in the meantime and hahahh..... the same problem occurs there too....

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard