Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
addict
addict
If they didn't know, why are they playing on Tactician in the first place? The mode expect you to have some knowledge and experience before you do it. If you click the Tactician mode, you have no right to complain that the game isn't holding your hand from start to finish.

Really, this is what so many of the people complaining need to get into their head. You are playing on the hardest mode that expects you to know the flow of the game and have some gaming sense so you know where to go.

If you play on Tactician and expect it to be 100% go my way non-meta mode, you're playing on the wrong mode.

Last edited by Ellezard; 21/09/17 11:46 AM.
I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Originally Posted by Ellezard
If they didn't know, why are they playing on Tactician in the first place? The mode expect you to have some knowledge and experience before you do it. If you click the Tactician mode, you have no right to complain that the game isn't holding your hand from start to finish.

Really, this is what so many of the people complaining need to get into their head. You are playing on the hardest mode that expects you to know the flow of the game and have some gaming sense so you know where to go.

If you play on Tactician and expect it to be 100% go my way non-meta mode, you're playing on the wrong mode.

what a dim view of the world you have, i play on tactician because im skilled enough to do so and dont plan on lowering that at all, get off ur high horse please mister i know everything the all seeing eye did you run through the game in 2 minutes i bet aswell gg i bet you beat it once on easy then once on medium then x5 times on tactician and now ur playing the other level and i bet you was born as a god on act 1 starting area to. rofl

being challenged is fun being outmatched by base stats is not. i'll ignore ur comments from now as i know that my times better spent reading something that makes sense

Last edited by Iceborg; 21/09/17 11:54 AM.
addict
addict
"I'm skilled enough but I don't know what to do so clearly the game is wrong and not me."

Kek

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Originally Posted by Ellezard
"I'm skilled enough but I don't know what to do so clearly the game is wrong and not me."

Kek

lol i gotta ask exactly what i can learn from easy that i cant learn on hard and what exactly dont i know? im talking base stats and YOU are the one thats going on about other stuff lol mister 300 posts of pure uselessness

EDIT: i'll end it right there have a nice day and even better game all the best. Iceborg.

Last edited by Iceborg; 21/09/17 12:02 PM.
addict
addict
The most efficient quest route to remove any undergear and underlevel disadvantage, perhaps?

Don't get hit by any elemental now. Enraged comes with negative resist.

Last edited by Ellezard; 21/09/17 12:03 PM.
I
apprentice
apprentice
I
so i gotta do basic things like read what the game says thanks. i got it i'll go put that to erm use "again". thanks again. i do giggle sometimes its just how i am.

Last edited by Iceborg; 21/09/17 12:06 PM.
addict
addict
You're welcome.

apprentice
apprentice
I'm actually playing on tactician, and i'm at the end of act 2. I understand that for some people, with a much better understanding and experience of the game, tact mode it's not that hard, but for me it is.
I've played tactician mode in dos1, and the most frustrating was cyseal, due to the lack of eq and money, but after that it was quite ok, didnt need to save scumming a lot or use some cheesy tricks.
Here, in dos2, i need to use it half of the time, because enemies have tons of armor/magic armor, crazy perma-auras (and all that applied to twice the numbers of ppl of my party).
I'm not stucked, i'm able to beat the fights (sometimes even without hany tricks), but i've the feeling of being permanent underpower and powerless, and every fights is most insane then the previous one.
It's just too hard in my opinion.
You could argue that with min-max builds, and a complete understanding of the game, tactician mode is a piece of cake, but for me that is not the meaning of tactician.
For me, it's not a "min-man perfect understand" mode, or at least it wasn't in dos1. It was just a modality that allowed more thoughts, more tactics, an improved sense of satisfaction and challenge.
Here, it's a super hardcore challenge that maybe i'll enjoy after i beat the game 2-3 times. That's all.
I will not restart the game, but i'm not enjoying too much, even when i win, this kind of difficult balancement.

Last edited by drBrod; 21/09/17 01:07 PM.
I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Originally Posted by drBrod
I'm actually playing on tactician, and i'm at the end of act 2. I understand that for some people, with a much better understanding and experience of the game, tact mode it's not that hard, but for me it is.
I've played tactician mode in dos1, and the most frustrating was cyseal, due to the lack of eq and money, but after that it was quite ok, didnt need to save scumming a lot or use some cheesy tricks.
Here, in dos2, i need to use it half of the time, because enemies have tons of armor/magic armor, crazy perma-auras (and all that applied to twice the numbers of ppl).
I'm not stucked, i'm able to beat the fights (sometimes even without hany tricks), but i've the feeling of being permanent underpower and powerless, and every fights is most insane then the previous one.
It's just too hard in my opinion.
You could argue that with min-max builds, and a complete understanding of the game, tactician mode is a piece of cake, but for me that is not the meaning of tactician.
For me, it's not a "min-man perfect understand" mode, or at least it wasn't in dos1. It was just a modality that allowed more thoughts, more tactics, an improved sense of satisfaction and challenge.
Here, it's a super hardcore challenge that maybe i'll enjoy after i beat the game 2-3 times. That's all.
I will not restart the game, but i'm not enjoying too much, even when i win, this kind of difficult balancement.

could not have said it better myself... to me a simple nerf bat is needed on alot of fights i have seen so far. i play tactician to challenge me into being better and i enjoy winning but i dont enjoy having to use "cheese" so much

Last edited by Iceborg; 21/09/17 01:05 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
What cheese do you need? lol I've absolutely destroyed Tactician and I'm in arx had no trouble and even used the impossible mixed damage build. You can choose to keep ignoring my replies but It doesn't make it less true. The only time tactician mode feels anywhere unfair is the very beginning of fort joy where you have literally nothing and your trying to beat magisters who are fully equipped. Thievery and lucky charm help but its not stuff you need to do in order to keep up gear only if you wanna maximize it. They actually make thievery and lucky charm useful for a change and people get all up in arms about it lol, I have a knight geomancer red prince a battle mage beast who has geo hyrdro and aero a duel wield wand fane summoner with necromancy and a polymorph/ranger lohse and I have had no troubles at all except to certain instant kill moves which I don't know to dodge because its my first time seeing them and all I takes is sending in one character/summon next time or just give everyone comeback kid smile. Its not impossible its just a hard difficulty and people need to learn if you have to cheese every fight to win your better off on classic

E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by akuratheunseen
What cheese do you need? lol I've absolutely destroyed Tactician and I'm in arx had no trouble and even used the impossible mixed damage build. You can choose to keep ignoring my replies but It doesn't make it less true. The only time tactician mode feels anywhere unfair is the very beginning of fort joy where you have literally nothing and your trying to beat magisters who are fully equipped. Thievery and lucky charm help but its not stuff you need to do in order to keep up gear only if you wanna maximize it. They actually make thievery and lucky charm useful for a change and people get all up in arms about it lol, I have a knight geomancer red prince a battle mage beast who has geo hyrdro and aero a duel wield wand fane summoner with necromancy and a polymorph/ranger lohse and I have had no troubles at all except to certain instant kill moves which I don't know to dodge because its my first time seeing them and all I takes is sending in one character/summon next time or just give everyone comeback kid smile. Its not impossible its just a hard difficulty and people need to learn if you have to cheese every fight to win your better off on classic

Agreed. If anything tactian should be a bit harder (by nerving skills and talents). We dont have much problems in multiplayer (without any cheese), so i cant even imagine how easy tactian in soloplay will be. And we already nerved some op skills and don't use elemental affinity.

How can this game be hard if you can use 2 turn ccs like charm and chicken or aoe medusa head with insane range? When you can use 12+AP in a single turn on a mage with ea? Or use summons that do nearly the same autoattack damage as my ranger and are alive for 10 turns.
Everybody can have invis and and evasion for def, you can easily pick one or two invulnerabilities for 2 turns and a permafrost.

With two mages you could stack all enemies on one spot, then kill all shields with a elemental affinity fire/geo mage (with adrenaline + elf ability) in one round and petrify everyone in the same round with medusa head. Thats only one example. There are so many op combos.

Last edited by endervoid; 21/09/17 03:39 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
I actually think tactician mode could be slightly harder, as the whole point of such a mode is to force you to find new solutions for every combat, instead of finding a strong strategy that can be applied to every scenario.
If you cant beat something, go somewhere else and get more exp, loot, skills weapons etc and come back, it's that simple. And use consumables, crafting, thievery, persuasion etc, you can't really expect to do the hardest difficulty without using any of the non combat skills to help your progress.

apprentice
apprentice
Well guys, maybe we've just differenct ideas about "tactician". I'm basing my criteria on dos1 tactician mode. I was expecting some difficult that can be beated with some little effort, some more tactics, but without planning every fight for hours and squeeze every single bit of usefulness and optimization from my skill/items.
Maybe we just need some mid-tier difficult between tactician and classic, and everybody will be fine.
For me, classic is a bit too easy and tactician is a bit too hard.

Last edited by drBrod; 21/09/17 04:21 PM.
X
stranger
stranger
X
Originally Posted by Subcryo
I actually think tactician mode could be slightly harder, as the whole point of such a mode is to force you to find new solutions for every combat, instead of finding a strong strategy that can be applied to every scenario.

Current Armor system and huge numbers in Tactician mode removes many instruments to play around various situations.
The game leaves you to only deal damage and teleport, not mentioning the anti-hybrid approach.
In the second Act I noticed that my mages are absolutely useless since to use their full potential they need to remove magic armor first and Tactician inflates magic armor so much I need a pure magic damage dealer to be able to apply my statuses.
Same goes for physical: stuns, provoking do nothing until I waste the whole turn on two of my characters simply attacking a single enemy I want to disable.

Crowd Controll means I can do something to defend myself against opponents that overpower me in both numbers and stats.

S
stranger
stranger
S
That absolutely fine, I think it would be much better if everyone would just suggest to make classic slightly harder instead, since we have explorer mode as well.
Definitely a LOT of people including me and my friends that would be really disappointed if you convinced larian to nerf tactician mode.

Z
banned
banned
Z
That absolutely fine, I think it would be much better if everyone would just suggest to make classic slightly harder instead, since we have explorer mode as well.
Definitely a LOT of people including me and my friends that would be really disappointed if you convinced larian to nerf tactician mode.

It is not "nerf" it is BALANCE, Tactician is not hard is just a cheese fest.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by xenustehg

Current Armor system and huge numbers in Tactician mode removes many instruments to play around various situations.
The game leaves you to only deal damage and teleport, not mentioning the anti-hybrid approach.
In the second Act I noticed that my mages are absolutely useless since to use their full potential they need to remove magic armor first and Tactician inflates magic armor so much I need a pure magic damage dealer to be able to apply my statuses.
Same goes for physical: stuns, provoking do nothing until I waste the whole turn on two of my characters simply attacking a single enemy I want to disable.

Crowd Controll means I can do something to defend myself against opponents that overpower me in both numbers and stats.

I disagree with this as well. I enjoy this system that makes it so we can't just stun everyone on turn one like in the first game. You have to set your magic damage dealers to focus the ones without magic armor, and the opposite. Positioning at the start of the combat + using slows, kiting the melee enemies etc. Way more interesting than just casting rain + electricity on all enemies every single combat.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Zherot

It is not "nerf" it is BALANCE, Tactician is not hard is just a cheese fest.

We haven't used any cheese so far and we are doing just fine. Please ask for them to make classic mode harder instead, there should always be a brutal difficulty because a ton of people prefer it like this. A boss should at least take a few tries is what I think, so does my friends.

N
old hand
old hand
N
The problem is Tactition mode doesn't need a nerf OR buff...

In some ways it needs both.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Neonivek
The problem is Tactition mode doesn't need a nerf OR buff...

In some ways it needs both.

Cheese should be made impossible and classic should be a bit harder. That is the solution that I see here.

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard