Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
I just started with full game (did not play early access).
Does time matter with anything in this game?
I heard that companions doing things at their own until you recruit them.
Does it matter if you play in ultra slow or ultra fast tempo?
Another question is if there is option to rebuild companions, and if yes, then how?
I read the post here, that when companion joins you, then he or she has the same level as you and is auto leveled, so you do not have ability to build them from the scratch as you like.
If not, please tell where should I go to catch following companions as fast as possible before I level up higher: Sebille, Lohse, Ifan ben-Mezd.
I just started at the beach and went right where I met a child.

addict
addict
Based on my experience with EA, unless it's changed, time (along with leveling) just restock the trader NPC so you can try and grab multiple copies of a certain skill book early like Teleport.

old hand
old hand
@ TS, they unfortunately changed from the possibility to deploy companion's pre-level points in EA to the way you described. They are levelled up.

Well, with the ship start it is seemingly a bit difficult to reach Fort Joy before lvl 2. In the EA that was a big relieve, now it's a disadvantage. I read that you inevitably get lvl 2 before Fort Joy even if you skip any possible fight/xp. Did not test.

Try it with lvl 1. The companions are easily recruitable. Ifan and Lohse are behind the entrance of Fort Joy (try to solve the Elodi problem without fight, otherwise you get more xp wink ), Sebille is near the south-western shore at the end of Fort Joy, watching a sleeping lizard.

BTW these are also my companions. wave

Last edited by geala; 15/09/17 10:08 AM.
addict
addict
You can get to fort joy at level 1 if

1) You don't kill any of the magister
2) You don't do the death fog part
3) You don't fight the 2 voidwoken at the beach before you recruit all your companions.
4) Near where you find Fane, don't climb the vine up to the hiding camp

If you do this, you should barely scratch level 2 and you can return to kill the void woken for the missing exp.

EDit: Having tested this, if you do the Ifan quest, you get level 2 guaranteed. I tried to avoid everything and even climbed into the fort with a ladder but the Ifan recruitment part just push me up into the level 2 range with 200 extra exp.

Last edited by Ellezard; 15/09/17 10:53 AM.
O
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
Originally Posted by Ellezard
You can get to fort joy at level 1 if

1) You don't kill any of the magister
2) You don't do the death fog part
3) You don't fight the 2 voidwoken at the beach before you recruit all your companions.
4) Near where you find Fane, don't climb the vine up to the hiding camp

If you do this, you should barely scratch level 2 and you can return to kill the void woken for the missing exp.

Seems to be right, but as I am must-explore-and-touch-everything gamer, I already did 3rd and 4th (not sure about 2nd - I entered the room from skull door, but only for loot, and did not interact with death fog after riding its description).
I was looking for desired party members, but it seems, the ones I want are in second part of the map.
Before I explore whole fort (a lot of people to talk with), I will go check out south part of the island for these companions.
But, anyone discovered "rebuild" option?
Some rumors on forum siad that devs mentioned long time ago, that after completing ACT 1, you will be able reset companions and set them your own way.
While I was going through the fort, I met 3 guys siting to the table and wanted a fee from me, and it seems they are not to beat if you are alone, right?
I am also not sure how skills are working in this game.
I have level 2 now, one free slot, and I guess I need to buy special skill books somewhere in fort?

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard