Next Thread
Print Thread
#611443 15/09/17 03:45 PM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I don't know if this is a know issue, but when I start the game I get a "Connection to the Larian support server failed. The Larian support tool will be disabled. Unable to connect to the remote server - - A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond (IP ADDRESS)."

I have tried connecting directly to the bin folder, and resetting the connection via CMD, and still no go.

Last edited by Shanvhere; 15/09/17 03:46 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
I'm also getting this.

X
stranger
stranger
X
I get this as well, it delays the game launching for about a minute to a minute and a half and then i'll get the message "Connection to the Larian support server failed. The Larian support tool will be disabled. The operation has timed out - " after I acknowledge the dialogue boss it'll disappear and then 5-10 seconds later i get a notice that there's no disk inserted in drive e. hitting continue or cancel it'll then launch the game proper.

I had read in another thread that launching EOCapp.exe as an administrator would bypass this and it does but by launching that file the game doesn't connect to steam for online play. please find a way to fix this devs.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Any update on this?

C
stranger
stranger
C
It appears to be an issue with the Steam Client software and I have found the following seams to work around the issue. Navigate in Windows Explorer to where Steam installs the DOS2.

*:\Program Files (x86)\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\bin\

At the above listed location, locate the executable EoCApp.exe. This file is the executable to launch the game. Right click on that file and from the popup menu select the option [Sendto] -> [Desktop]. A shortcut will be created on your desktop. Double click the new shortcut and the game instantly starts without the error message. I hope this helps!

Moderated by  Elwyn, gbnf, Larian_Koala, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard