Print Thread
Z
Zortak Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
Hello,
I suddenly have the problem that my character (only the selfmade one) can't talk to anyone anymore, even if I right click and chose 'talk'. It happened after I finished talking to one NPC in Driftwood (can't remember the name, some guy laying on the grass having a picknick) and when I wanted to talk to the NPC next to him I just couldn't.
I already tried the Steam 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' thing, and it came back saying one file is broken and would be downloaded again, but that didn't change anything.
Since that character has the highest persuasion and Pet Pal I can't really just use another to do the talking and am pretty much not willing/able to go on right now.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Same exact problem as you describe. Going to see if I can go back a save and not talk to him anymore.

A
stranger
stranger
A
it's Nikolas near Magisters HQ.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
D:OS EE had this bug too. When it happened there you could still talk to animals. Opening/closing dialogue with an animal multiple times in a row would fix it. Maybe it works in D:OS2 too?

M
stranger
stranger
M
Same problem here, just happened to me in act 2. It started once I had an encounter with voidwoken where there wasn't actually a fight that started and I could freely control my character and just attack everyone without any retaliation. I just killed all of them and then I couldn't talk to anyone anymore with the PC.

apprentice
apprentice
Same here, right now, in Driftwood, with the same NPC (Nicholas). We're trying to find a save before this because otherwise we're dead in the water. The bugged character is our Persuasion guy (and driven by the RL guy who cares about the game dialogue while I stand around waiting for combat :p).

Last edited by Forgy; 21/09/17 12:40 AM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
Same issue here, happened on the reapers coast for me after i killed a Magister. Now my main character cannot interact with any NPCS and has endless free turns in combat. Needless to say, it kills the gameplay entirely. Really surprised such a massive bug has not been resolved yet.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Same thing just happened to me, lucky I had a pretty recent save game.

*Spoiler*
Too bad, he is a quest giver about some holy man/source master.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Yyyuup. Just got me as well. Guess we're gonna have to avoid him like the void-plague for now.
Damn that easy-going Nicolas! Spoiling it for the rest of us ¬_¬

A
stranger
stranger
A
Just got this as well.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Hello everyone, I posted a fix in this thread here: http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=614713#Post614713

The thread has a minor location spoiler, so be warned. If you can't do the fix outlined there, try looking for any NPC that will automatically talk to you when you get near enough. If you do find one and it worked, please post so that others can see that it also works on other NPCs.

An example would be:
The dog in Stonegarden Graveyard, I think it forces a dialog if you approach.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Only three minutes after my post! Drat. I lost a good hour of gameplay to reload an earlier save. I'll see if I can get it again and try out the fix.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I was unable to get the bug to happen again.

T
T
Yep. The bug was fixed in the latest patch.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard